Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,474,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
you never stated either one of them were terrorists.

So would I have to use the word "terrorist"? Are words such as "killer", "murderer", etc. acceptable? I ask because it seems you are close to saying that I approved of those men's actions.

Point is, "terrorist" has a certain meaning, it includes, at least, acts of violence. The Tea Party has been labeled "terrorists" by the White House and the State Run Media, as well as people on this forum. In contrast, real acts of violence, burning, looting, and beatings are excused and given justification. The discrepancy here is remarkable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,988,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
For all of you who think the riots are justified. Would you feel the same way if the working people here in America started doing this to the people who demand more of our money? Would it be justified if middle class Americans starting burning down the ghettos and other poor areas because these people are asking for too much from others? Oddly enough, I think this is a one way street for you people.
IMO as someone from the U.S., the U.S. probably has the the best system of economic mobility in the world regardless of racial, religious of class association. PRIOR to the Civil Rights movement, you had ALOT of rioting of all types--many of which were "rebellions" against the injusticies of a system that legally opressed minorities. As a result of that, things have changed A LOT and although some of that is still alive today, it isn't nearly on the level exercised today as it is in Western Europe. You guys still have A LOT of catching up to do with "little brother."

Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,849,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
e.g history has no affect on current events...I understood your point the first time. Consciousness may not be inheretied, but economic and class standing certainly can be. If that isn't true, then why aren't YOU apart of Britian royal family?
I never said it had zero effect. I said it didn't justify or directly cause rioting. You're right, I'm not a part of the royal family. Am I rioting???

If you live in Britain, you're doing better than the vast majority of the world's population. You have access to free health care, housing, welfare, education, etc. I have no pity for these people. I do not care what happened to their ancestors. I do not care what happened on another continent years before they were born. It is irrelevant.

The only relevant factor is their current state in life. Which is pretty damn good by world standards.

Quote:
Like I said, my response was in reference to those whining about immigration, and multiculturism. Those who use that line of thinking demand the priveleges of imperialism, without the responsibilities that come with it.
So take that up with the imperialists, none of which are members of city-data.

Quote:
My point remains, the Jews inhumanely and unjustifiably created a holocaust of their own in Palestine to legitimize the past atrocities that they felt they experienced. The creation of a sovereign nation such as Israel was their own form of "rioting." You're conveniently avoiding that fact.
I'm not going to justify their actions, but they didn't destroy their own neighborhoods out of irrational rage while asking the government to give them more handouts. That's just stupid.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:43 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,988,119 times
[quote=SourD;20383007]
Quote:

Who was it that actually created Israel again?
rephrase your question...perhaps it's more important to know WHY it was created to begin with.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM

499 posts, read 404,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
They exist on the level they have exploded to for one reason. Britain has allowed massive immigration of uneducated immigrants, and then raised them as spoiled children.
Yeah, but the rioters are not solely people from ethnic minorities. At this point it's everyone, mostly of a certain class, spread out over London.

(And, apropos, gang culture among white British youths existed independent of multiculturalism and immigration.)

Old 08-09-2011, 11:46 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,849,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
Yeah, but the rioters are not solely people from ethnic minorities. It's everyone, mostly of a certain class, spread out over London.

And, apropos, gang culture among white British youths existed independent of multiculturalism and immigration.
I actually mentioned that before because some people seem to think this is a result of imperialism. Immigration merely added to the problem.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:47 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,910,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
So would I have to use the word "terrorist"? Are words such as "killer", "murderer", etc. acceptable? I ask because it seems you are close to saying that I approved of those men's actions.

Point is, "terrorist" has a certain meaning, it includes, at least, acts of violence. The Tea Party has been labeled "terrorists" by the White House and the State Run Media, as well as people on this forum. In contrast, real acts of violence, burning, looting, and beatings are excused and given justification. The discrepancy here is remarkable.
terrorist would seem to be the most appropriate name for the norweigan and loughner.

i would say the rioters are terrorizing england. i wouldnt say they are terrorists individually. hooligans would be the more appropriate term.

why you cant put the terrorist tag on the white norweigan or loughner is beyond me. to me terrorism doesnt have to be just a muslim and a plane involved.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:48 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,055,838 times
[quote=itshim;20383072]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post

rephrase your question...perhaps it's more important to know WHY it was created to begin with.
It was created by a military industrial complex to protect the oligarchy's oil interests in the Middle East. What do I win?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,246,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I actually mentioned that before because some people seem to think this is a result of imperialism. Immigration merely added to the problem.
The ones on the left are looking for excuses to justify this looting.
It's in the posts here on C-D and it's in the UK papers in comments from the political left.

This is backlash from consumerism and the need to have "stuff".
These youth are not protesting the austerity measures or the government.
There's no signs or marching or talking to the press about their frustrations. It's social media telling them to meet here and loot stores for free stuff.

Video games - shoes - clothes - gadgets.
That's not protest, that's outright criminal looting.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:52 AM

230 posts, read 551,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
You need your head testing, like a previous comment said, the majority of people on earth will die in the social class they were born in, be it black, white or whatever. Societies need to become more equal, where EVERYONE has a chance of becoming anything they wont to be, and that isn't the way the UK is, or the rest of the world, yeah there is worst poverty in the world than in the UK, but there is still dire poverty, and an almost magnetic grip to your tiny area, where you will never venture out, and will have a life with no hope, no job prospects and hatred in your heart, whatever is to blame, be it the government, bad parenting or whatever it's the way it is and the way it will always be until people, like some of the people in this forum, change the way you think of people like the ones rioting and society as a whole gives them a chance in life
I'm struggling to ignore the attempt to insult me by someone too lazy to use spellchecker. Also, a comma "," and a period "." are not interchangeable.

Get a grip son. Thing are vastly different than you've been told. Get out. Be a free thinker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies