Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,125,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It is the same here in the USA....while some might choose to remain ignorant of such matters,the truth is IF black on black crime is taken out of the equation,there is much less crime here in the USA.
You better barricade the door..the PC police are on their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,792,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You better barricade the door..the PC police are on their way.
Facts cannot be 'racist'.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,125,061 times
Quote:
I know but talking about that is taboo in our society.
Guess folks/government doesn't want to admit all the programs that they instituted just didn't work.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:09 AM

25,915 posts, read 24,573,714 times
Quote:
What ? Did you read the article or any of the others linked ?
The penalties these folks are getting range from NOTHING to 4 weeks in jail to 20 weeks for attacking an officer.

The punishment is lenient enough that it will not prevent this from happening again.

"Consequences of gentrification" my foot.
Do you want everyone poor and hungry and dependent on the government for their very existence ?
No one can be better than anyone else ? No one is allowed to work a little bit harder to live a little nicer ?
And if they do they are now the bad guy ?
The punishment for rioting are lenient in most Western countries. One of the reasons being that the system does not want to turn youngsters into career criminals, which often happens once they are in jail.

And yes, I am a big opponent of gentrification, of people living separately from each other in different parts of town based on ethnicity.
Some German cities deliberately build public housing projects (where the percentage of migrants is much higher) in areas where few migrants live, in order to keep gentrification tendencies at bay.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:12 AM

In Britain maybe black violence has to do with the large number of immigrants from the Caribbean, which is also know for its excessive violence

Old 08-11-2011, 10:46 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,106,836 times
Quote:
Here's the attitude behind this..not racial, not cultural, not protesting anything.

UK RIOTS 2011: How rioters as young as nine pillaged Manchester city centre | Mail Online
They came from outlying towns and districts to the city centre with only one thing on their mind – a night of lawless mayhem.

The young Manchester thugs’ brazen attitude and belief they will face no punishment has stunned police. One 15-year-old masked looter said: ‘They can’t touch me. I’m still a kid.

‘The police can’t hit us, they can’t injure us and when they arrest us they have to let us go so we don’t care what we do on the streets.
‘I’ve got phones and clothes from the raids and what is the worst they can do? Give me a caution or a curfew I won’t obey.’ Another boy said: ‘I’ll keep doing this every day until I get caught. When I get home, I might get shouted at, but that’s it. This’ll be my first offence.

You have a point there. Attitudes can play a big part. Your last statement reminds me of some of the kids I went to school with. The "whatever" mentality is a part of what I witnessed(and was victimized by). A few things that happened to me.

When I was 12 years old, I went down to the neighborhood creek to get some alone time. Well, there were two boys down there and both of them started throwing rocks at me. I was basically trying to dodge them. I knew one of them, and he was a bully. He had an "I don't care" mentality. He and his friend must have been thinking "If this kid tells anyone, we'll just deny it. It's his word against ours, and we're out in the woods by ourselves".

When I was 14, two boys got up and beat me up in the classroom out of the blue. I couldn't do anything about it because they ran out of the classroom before the teacher got back. Their mentality was probably "I won't get in trouble for jumping this kid. No one likes this kid. No one cares if he gets beat up ,and the teacher isn't here".

When I got older I got jumped and robbed by three boys. They basically put me in a headlock and $10 was stolen from me. After doing so, they ran off in their car. They were brazen enough to where I saw all of their faces and they did it under a well-lit hallway. I bet their mentality might have been "We won't get caught. He won't 'snitch' on his own people if he knows what's good for him".

In all of these instances, I found one thing in common: the mentality. The persons who threw the rocks at me were White. The persons who jumped me in the classroom were White. The persons who jumped me and robbed me were Black. It is the attitude. Race has nothing to do with it. I agree with you and I have the experience to prove this. Those looters you describe are no different. When people feel like they have nothing to lose, they will do the unthinkable. This goes across all ethnicities.

It happens here in the USA, with Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians, Pacific Islanders,etc. It happens. I remember my 6th period class there was always some kind of fight going on before or during class. Many of the kids in the class didn't care what happened to them. Some dropped out of school.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:03 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,266,237 times
Quote:
It is the same here in the USA....while some might choose to remain ignorant of such matters,the truth is IF black on black crime is taken out of the equation,there is much less crime here in the USA.
Then can you explain how roughly 72% the people in this country that are arrested ARE NOT BLACK?

FBI- Arrests
by Race, 2009

In 2009 there were 10,690,561 of those arrested 3,027,153 were indentified as Black. That represented 28.3% of the people arrested.

Now if you can present some factual information that refiutes the information obtained by the FBI I'd be happy to look at it.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Then can you explain how roughly 72% the people in this country that are arrested ARE NOT BLACK?

FBI- Arrests
by Race, 2009

In 2009 there were 10,690,561 of those arrested 3,027,153 were indentified as Black. That represented 28.3% of the people arrested.

Now if you can present some factual information that refiutes the information obtained by the FBI I'd be happy to look at it.
Interestingly vandalism is not one of blacks' strengths Even more striking are the low numbers for arrests related to alcohol
Less flattering are the numbers for murder and robbery, not to mention gambling

I wonder if conviction numbers are similar to arrest numbers...

Old 08-11-2011, 11:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,334,669 times
Quote:
Lol tell that to the Black apologists and their White loony left allies.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:37 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,182,200 times
Quote:
Admittedly, yes. But you're still left with a country with significantly higher rates of crime (and lower rates of human development for that matter) than socioeconomically similar countries. You can't explain that by merely blaming black people. Similarly in the UK, while it's true that black people are largely overrepresented in crime, anyone who lives there can tell you that youth social problems cut deep across racial lines in places hit hard by unemployment.

Clearly, there is something going on in these places that is involved with but bigger than any one group of people. I've always believed that America itself has a culture that looks lightly upon violence, opportunism, and disregard for the welfare of others. This just manifests itself more sharply in populations where the risk/reward analysis is skewed to the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies