Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:25 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,778,420 times

Advertisements

I have no doubt that the bomb saved a lot of lives but I have to wonder if it was appropriate to use it on a largely populated city... could we not have demonstrated the destructive power for the Japanese to see on a remote unpopulated area? I am sure they would of surrender once they saw the destruction wrought by one of these bombs... but hindsight is hindsight... obviously the military and the government wasn't smart back then but it isn't even smart this year... sigh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 09:38 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,364,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I have no doubt that the bomb saved a lot of lives but I have to wonder if it was appropriate to use it on a largely populated city... could we not have demonstrated the destructive power for the Japanese to see on a remote unpopulated area? I am sure they would of surrender once they saw the destruction wrought by one of these bombs... but hindsight is hindsight... obviously the military and the government wasn't smart back then but it isn't even smart this year... sigh...
All this Monday morning quarterbacking! What is the point?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:50 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,983,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Are you people serious?

Do some reading before writing this nonsense.

The atrocities commited by the Japanese were far worse than what we did to end those atrocities.

How about what they did to all the countries they invaded in Asia?...How about doing some research on that?

Look what they did to our soldiers that they took as prisoners. Maybe you people are too young to have known any people that were prisoners of the Japanese during the war. Ask you parents if they knew any...Every person that I met that was a prisoner was tortured and/or mutilated.

Remember, they fought on the side of the Nazis...They were pure evil.

They were also working on their own weapons of mass destruction...Read some history...Do you think they would have hesitated for a moment?

The Rape of Nanking? 1937

The USS Panay Incident? 1937

The Bataan Death March? 1942

Watch the movie "The Great Raid" see how compassionate the Japanese guards & officers were? Manila was an international city.... the Pearl of the Orient...Till the Imperial Army invaded for resourses and domination of the oriental people and Pacific rim.The able body P.O.W.'s were used as slave labor some of our P.O.W.'s were at Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 probably in a mine shaft that saved them.

They were just like the NAZI'S in that the Japanese thought they were the Master Race too...The Bushido code [BUSH-ido had to throw that to the Libs now they will blame BUSH again] way of the warrior...Samurai....Kamakazi's...suicidal maniacs...Banzai
One ole boy a Marine in the P.T.O said one night a *** in broken english would yell "HEY JOE F-*K BABE RUTH over and over till someone popped him"

The Nazi's used an old Japanese symbol the SWASTIKA

Okinawa is a prime example the brass came to the understanding that the invasion of the Japanese mainland would have over a million allied deaths and casaulties not to mention what the Japanese people would of had in terms of losses.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:58 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,289,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
The Rape of Nanking? 1937

The USS Panay Incident? 1937

The Bataan Death March? 1942

Watch the movie "The Great Raid" see how compassionate the Japanese guards & officers were? Manila was an international city.... the Pearl of the Orient...Till the Imperial Army invaded for resourses and domination of the oriental people and Pacific rim.The able body P.O.W.'s were used as slave labor some of our P.O.W.'s were at Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 probably in a mine shaft that saved them.

They were just like the NAZI'S in that the Japanese thought they were the Master Race too...The Bushido code [BUSH-ido had to throw that to the Libs now they will blame BUSH again] way of the warrior...Samurai....Kamakazi's...suicidal maniacs...Banzai
One ole boy a Marine in the P.T.O said one night a *** in broken english would yell "HEY JOE F-*K BABE RUTH over and over till someone popped him"

The Nazi's used an old Japanese symbol the SWASTIKA

Okinawa is a prime example the brass came to the understanding that the invasion of the Japanese mainland would have over a million allied deaths and casaulties not to mention what the Japanese people would of had in terms of losses.
My father was on a Naval support vessel during the Okinawa Campaign in WWII. He was there during Kamakazi attacks. He would never speak of them. His ship also took injured and former POW's to the states a couple of times. He had contempt and 'strong feelings' about the Japanese.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:10 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,983,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
My father was on a Naval support vessel during the Okinawa Campaign in WWII. He was there during Kamakazi attacks. He would never speak of them. His ship also took injured and former POW's to the states a couple of times. He had contempt and 'strong feelings' about the Japanese.
You know these idiots don't understand that the men involved were their Grandfathers,Fathers and Uncles... family...Americans. Maybe if we did not drop the BOMBS it is possible they would not be here now?

The living vets today in the P.T.O. still have ill feeling,disdain for the Japanese.... CD WON'T LET YOU SAY ***!

Old 08-07-2011, 02:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,400,553 times
Oh please! Enough with the apologies already. Whose going to aplogize for taking down two tall buildings full of innocent people who didn't even know they were in a war?

You need to save your symapthy for people who would appreciate it firstly and deserve it secondly. Stick a microphone in the face of any *** veteran who survived that war after perhaps beating the crap out those Bataan marchers on a daily basis and you'll find he has neither remorse or regret over his actions but rather merely because THEY LOST!

They started a war and when it came back to their home shores after Doolittles raid showed them what was coming they still insisted in prosecuting it to the full vigour of every thing they had and would have done so to the last man!

The fact the first bomb didn't sway them from that course should be all you need to know about their mindset. Had you not dropped them; you could very well be still fighting them in their little hidey-holes over there.

Remember they were told what was to come very early on by very astute military leaders such as Yamamoto.

Perhaps if there were less belief in this Marquis de Queensbury (Geneva Convention) bullcrap ,and all hell broke loose every time there was an honest to god shooting war; we'd have had a lot fewer of them!

Old 08-07-2011, 02:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,183,823 times
Bill Whittle of PJTV offers additional info about that lie...

PJTV - AFTERBURNER FLASHBACK: Jon Stewart, War Criminals & The True Story of the Atomic Bombs - Bill Whittle

And I'll listen to Bill Whittle before I'll listen to the communications coordinator for Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN)

Old 08-07-2011, 02:22 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,444,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, war is hell, isn't it?
The obvious follow-up question which people who use this tired old excuse never ask is, what does that make people who participate in it?

Quote:
Dropping the bomb saved American lives and ended the war, right quick. When your country is at war, that is really the first priority.
Did you bother to read the article?

Quote:
Think Germany wouldn't have done the same if they were able?
So what?

Old 08-07-2011, 02:25 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,444,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
All this Monday morning quarterbacking! What is the point?
I think trampling on the usual Roosevelt/Truman hagiography is a good thing in itself.

From anything like a neutral moral point of view, the similarities between the Axis and Allies were far greater than the differences.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:31 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I think trampling on the usual Roosevelt/Truman hagiography is a good thing in itself.

From anything like a neutral moral point of view, the similarities between the Axis and Allies were far greater than the differences.
I don't recall reading of many Allied attacks on countries they weren't at war with. Care to list them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies