Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,599,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The 'vote everyone out of office' is the lazy citizens' way of placing all blame on politicians, while the citizens goes back to sleep.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,320,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The 'vote everyone out of office' is the lazy citizens' way of placing all blame on politicians, while the citizens goes back to sleep.
I disagree. "Term limits" is the lazy mans way of doing it.

Trying to organize mass defection from party lines and trying to effectively rebooting Washington with new leaders eager to find answers would be a good thing.

Some good blood would have to be let with the bad, and Washington is so corrupt I can honestly say I don't trust a majority of those who are elected, even by my own state.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,756,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Obama is a pro now?
He is a professional LIAR and politican, which go together.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,225,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Which of our esteemed representatives are mafioso? Pray tell.
All of them. They take money via threat of force, "protection" money as it's called in the organized crime business, to supposedly protect us from threats, foreign and domestic. They decide what they want to take from us. And then, instead of protecting us (there is NO consumer protection in our nation, and by constantly waging wars overseas, incite more terrorism), they do the opposite.

We don't have any input into their decisions, although they try and make us think we do, with elections. But an election where we choose from 2 clones selected by the political establishment for obedience is the same as an election with one candidate, or no election at all. And when by landslide for a single party we try to force them to stop ruining our nation, as the last mid-term elections, do they listen? Nope. Insane spending and borrows continues, and the only "cuts" are a small portion of future increases.

At every level the protection racket continues, when the point for them is to maximize the money they take. Even at the lowest level of government, when people drive to and from work, they are waylaid by a thug hiding in the bushes with a fast car, then forced to pull over, and robbed of much more money than they even would be carrying. All done in the name of "safety"--when someone driving too slow for the flow of traffic is far more dangerous.

In addition, toll booth accidents take the lives of thousands of Americans every year. It is no coincidence that the only fatal accident I have witnessed was at a toll booth, where a women had a medical problem and ran through two cars stopped at the toll, killing 4 in the middle car, injuring 3 in the first car, and later dying of her accident injuries herself. All to suck a few more cents from citizens that are already taxed in every way imaginable.

And let's not forget that much of the "stimulus" money went to big road construction companies. Guess who controls that industry? These two giants of organized crime, the government and the road construction industry, have always worked closely to maximize the theft of the American citizen.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:02 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,599,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
All of them. They take money via threat of force, "protection" money as it's called in the organized crime business, to supposedly protect us from threats, foreign and domestic.
I don't know why you are enraged. I don't know if it's just your personality or if you were one of the serious losers in this economy. (If it's the latter, my condolences.) I do know that I hope the majority of people aren't in your frame of mind when they go to the polls. I think enraged people make things worse, not better.

We need to vote people in, regardless of party, with the political backbone to raise taxes, cut spending, reform entitlements, and pass a balance budget amendment so when Bush III finds his way to the White House he won't be able to drive the country off the rails like II did.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:05 PM

58,640 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
This is a GIANT WAKE UP CALL for every single American Citizen in this country. We all, as a duty to our nation, our children and grand children, MUST vote each and every single member of congress and the President OUT OF OFFICE. Doesn't matter if you are a Dem, GOP, TP, Independent...whatever....YOU ARE ALL FIRED. We the people MUST TAKE ACTION in order to save this great nation of ours.

VOTE ALL THE Mutha effers out of office....each and every single one of them!
Sorry, I totally disagree with this action.

I believe the gov't spends entirely too much and has massive waste, fraud and abuse.

Some of the Congressmen/women want to stop this trend . I see no reason to kick out those that are trying to do the right thing.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:33 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,180,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The thinking that will get this movement destroyed, and the thinking that has to be accepted for it to succeed at the same time.

Which is why I say, damn the torpedoes.

Republicans have to accept that a liberal government could be elected that is so liberal, that they will give beach houses and mercedes to anyone making less then 30,000 a year.

Democrats have to accept that a Conservative government could be elected that is so conservative, that oil rigs will be placed ever 100 yards in a grid pattern from coast to coast by the end of 2013 to create jobs.

And when you accept that, and say that you don't care, because either way you are ****ed (thanks Lewis Black), and you will vote independent anyway, then the movement has a chance.

‪Lewis Black on Broadway talking about how America ISN'T #1‬‏ - YouTube
Very true, people need to ignore the fear that not voting for the person who says the rhetoric they kinda agree with is going to cause the guy who says the rhetoric the agree with less, to win.

Even if it does, it doesn't matter, they both suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies