Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:32 PM

88,674 posts, read 44,430,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
The black population is not growing. At all.
Prove that.

Quote:
People like you have a big problem. You hate the poor but you don't have the stomach to put them down. Really put them down. Like stray dogs or cats.
I don't hate the poor. What I do hate is seeing liberals TRAP the poor in ongoing cycles of poverty with their hateful bigotry of low expectations. Make sure you keep the poor in their subservient place. What an ugly, oppressive mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,822,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
............I don't hate the poor. What I do hate is seeing liberals TRAP the poor in ongoing cycles of poverty with their hateful bigotry of low expectations. Make sure you keep the poor in their subservient place. What an ugly, oppressive mindset.
Exactly, thank you!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:23 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,823,691 times
Interesting since Standard and Poors lays it on the deadlock in our political system and the fact a part (rep) will take us to the brink of default with no concern.
their other issue is the fact that the party (rep again) is unwilling to look at tax increases.

So you can take your news from rehashed sources but I'd choose from the horses mouth.

I suggest reading what they based the downgrade on... It isn't Obama.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:04 AM

88,674 posts, read 44,430,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Massive deficit spending had nothing to do with it? Come on... you think we're stupid?

Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 AM

58,632 posts, read 26,934,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Interesting since Standard and Poors lays it on the deadlock in our political system and the fact a part (rep) will take us to the brink of default with no concern.
their other issue is the fact that the party (rep again) is unwilling to look at tax increases.

So you can take your news from rehashed sources but I'd choose from the horses mouth.

Funny, I though we had 3 parties involved in governing, The House, the Senate and the Presidency.

The House passed a couple of bills.

The Senate hasn't submitted a budget much less pass any billson the budget OR deficet reduction and the President, well enough said.

You are aware that Obama was WARNED in April that a down grade might be coming and he did what? I'll be waiting for an answer.

When you take in $1.00 and spend $1.40 for every $1.00 you take in, you have enough money. YOU NEED TO SPEND LESS.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:41 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,886,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
When you take in $1.00 and spend $1.40 for every $1.00 you take in, you have enough money. YOU NEED TO SPEND LESS.
OR TAKE IN MORE!! What a concept. Most wage earners can't easily increase their take home pay but the U.S. government can, and must, increase revenue. Taxes must be raised. AGAINST EVERYBODY! You didn't think I was going to say that. If the rich have to pay more, then so does the middle class... its only fair. I'm all for fair. But lets not continue to be stupid. The current system of allowing people who earn thousands of dollars a minute to pay LESS taxes than people who earn thousands of dollars a month, is unsustainable.

H

Old 08-10-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Massive deficit spending had nothing to do with it? Come on... you think we're stupid?
Not stupid. Obstinate. Obtuse. Obssessed (with spending). It was and is the deadlock, gridlock and constant roadblocks of partisan maneuvering that have us where we are. When high ranking and very visible politicians openly advocate default, people are going to listen, and hold it against the entire country. Timing is everything and recent events prove that this wasn't exactly the right time for a budget showdown... ...

H

Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Prove that.

I don't hate the poor. What I do hate is seeing liberals TRAP the poor in ongoing cycles of poverty with their hateful bigotry of low expectations. Make sure you keep the poor in their subservient place. What an ugly, oppressive mindset.
Nicely done... ... I've never seen better spin. I don't think you can lay this one at the feet of Liberals alone, however. The wealthy of both schools of ideology have been complicit in sustaining the status quo. And, its true. Black people are not reproducing at anywhere near replacement levels and will be less than 6% of the U.S. population ~2050. Get ready to celebrate big time. You know you want to.

H

Old 08-11-2011, 09:28 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,545,920 times
If the Democrats are stupid enough to raise taxes in an economy as anemic as this one, you can predictably bet what 'the rich' will do.

Shift more money overseas.

Buy more real estate.

Buy more foreign currencies.

Buy more commodities.

Now you know why tax increases have NEVER increased tax revenues, since the underwater balance sheets of IL, MI, NY, NJ, MA, CA, CT, OH & other states with nosebleed-inducing tax rates apparently aren't enough proof for those of you who flunked Economics 101 at your local junior college.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,147,417 times
Quote:
'Progress and improvement' is Obama inheriting a AAA credit rating and 5.7% unemployment and totally screwing that up? Oh my!
And there you are, another kind soul more than willing to present themselevs as proof positive, of my points. Thank you.

Obama sucks and so do the Republicans and Teabaggers.

All of them are a bunch of scummy weasels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies