Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:18 PM

89,012 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
No, but you clearly do.
BS. I post charts with CBO and OMB data, etc.

You clowns just spew your leftist propaganda talking points with NO factual support whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

You clowns just spew your leftist propaganda talking points with NO factual support whatsoever.
Exactly. Some people just can't accept facts even when it's right in front of them!

Old 08-12-2011, 01:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Listen. Just so you all know. I'm not buying that graph that is the new rallying icon of the Teapublican's. I am also not buying the new revisionist history that Bush inherited no surplus from Clinton. He certainly did not inherit 10 Trillion in defecit. Can we cut the crap for once and get real? Prolly too much to ask. Obama by all accounts friendly and not, is responsible for less than 2 Trillion of deficit. Makes sense given the short time he has had to be the Spender in Chief. Not to mention the scrutiny under which he makes his purchases. Tripled the spending of the Bush administration? A five year old would see through that graph in five minutes. To be against the repeal of tax cuts in an economy as anemic as this one is to be anti-American. It might even be treason.

H
You have the right to be wrong, but dont dare ask us to cut out the crap for posting facts. Just because you aint buying it, thats an indication of a problem YOU have, not those of us who live in reality know better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Non stop from these people..

They say "x", you show them that you are wrong, they come back with "your wrong", without any evidence what so ever, or if they do have "evidence", you quickly point out why their graphs and charts are wrong, and then they come back with, "I'm not buying it", you're stupid, haters, racist, want grandma to starve etc, when they figure out you are right, but they cant come to admit it.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you have any idea how much wealth is controlled by the rich? The top 1% control 90% of the wealth, why wouldn't you expect them to pay a higer percentage. The wealthy are doing quite well compared to anyone else in this country,
You mean the very same Warren Buffet who supported Obama, and has seen his wealth increase by 20%, in the last 2-3 years alone?

You do understand that we tax income, and not wealth in america right? Which has me wondering what the hell ones wealth has to do with the discussion.
Quote:
Class warfare?
One of the richest Americans, Warren Buffett, replies to that notion:
“There’s class warfare, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.â€
Using liberal policies against them. Your display above which discusses wealth, and not income is a prime example. Did you know Warren Buffets salary at Birkshire Hathaway is $100K a year? You can increase the tax rate to 100% and STILL not affect his wealth..
Quote:
Yes education is a great thing, continue to worry about the top 5% as if there is any need for protection.
Ahhh, typical liberal, dazed and confused. People arent "concerned" for the wealthy, people are trying to point out why you cant comprehend why liberal policies are not harmful to them. The concern is for the nation and you dont build up a nation by destroying its citizens.. ANY of them.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:41 AM

943 posts, read 782,553 times
Obama is a poor president and has no conviction or strong views. However the the tea party and regular Republicans are the major reason for the current problems.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
Obama is a poor president and has no conviction or strong views. However the the tea party and regular Republicans are the major reason for the current problems.
Postings like this make me understand why our country is in the condition it currently is in.

Just to set you straight, the Tea Partiers wanted $400B in cuts a year, the Democrats said no, you can only have $90B a year in cuts in FUTURE GROWTH, the S&P downgrades us because we didnt cut enough, and somehow in that brain of yours, its the Tea partiers fault we didnt get enough cuts..

Republicans have been warning for a DECADE, that an economic collapse was coming, and Democrats refused to listen. They blocked any federal reform to limit bad mortgages, in fact they called for more of them to take place.. And you think its the GOP to blame?

Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis - YouTube

Old 08-12-2011, 02:10 AM

943 posts, read 782,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Postings like this make me understand why our country is in the condition it currently is in.

Just to set you straight, the Tea Partiers wanted $400B in cuts a year, the Democrats said no, you can only have $90B a year in cuts in FUTURE GROWTH, the S&P downgrades us because we didnt cut enough, and somehow in that brain of yours, its the Tea partiers fault we didnt get enough cuts..

Republicans have been warning for a DECADE, that an economic collapse was coming, and Democrats refused to listen. They blocked any federal reform to limit bad mortgages, in fact they called for more of them to take place.. And you think its the GOP to blame?

Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis - YouTube
No, S&P made it clear that they downgraded us because of the stunt the Republicans and Tea party people did. This stunt means that the US could default in the future, as hostage politics has entered american politics. They can't trust us this won't happen again.

They also said there can be no real reduction in deficit and debt without raising taxes.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:05 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
Haha more obfuscation of the facts by the plutocratic filthy rich. America really doesn't have a Presidental leadership problem..........IT HAS A DEBT PROBLEM! Wake the 'fk up people! It doesn't matter WHO you have in office. Do you not understand your own rigged debt based monetary system called the Federal Reserve?????????? My god I don't get it! We have a PRIVATE BANKING ELITE who create our money supply OUT OF THIN AIR, out of NOTHING and then lend that money back to us at interest. This has been going on since 1913 when the robber baron banking parasites pushed through the Federal Reserve Act. It's all A SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Direct attention away from the REAL problem and the REAL people who are controlling everything and keeping us under their boot heel of economic tyranny. It's the BANKSTERS! I mean I know Americans are pretty retarded in general when it comes to their own history........but my god what the hell do you think the Founding Fathers were championing all those years..........guys like Jefferson, Jackson etc. They warned us of this day.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:04 AM

89,012 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Haha more obfuscation of the facts by the plutocratic filthy rich. America really doesn't have a Presidental leadership problem..........IT HAS A DEBT PROBLEM! Wake the 'fk up people! It doesn't matter WHO you have in office. Do you not understand your own rigged debt based monetary system called the Federal Reserve?????????? My god I don't get it! We have a PRIVATE BANKING ELITE who create our money supply OUT OF THIN AIR, out of NOTHING and then lend that money back to us at interest. This has been going on since 1913 when the robber baron banking parasites pushed through the Federal Reserve Act. It's all A SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Direct attention away from the REAL problem and the REAL people who are controlling everything and keeping us under their boot heel of economic tyranny. It's the BANKSTERS!
Exactly!

The problem is, the left is placing the blame on far too many, labeling ALL of 'the rich' as evil , when in truth the problem is really only Obama's bankster puppet masters (Wall Street banksters were many of Obama's top 2008 campaign contributors).

MUCH more info here:
Obama's Big Sellout: The President has Packed His Economic Team with Wall Street Insiders | Common Dreams
Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail? | Rolling Stone Politics

Libs/Dems want to misdirect blame at an entire demographic (the rich ) so that people don't realize the problem is really just Obama's bankster benefactors.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:07 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You mean the very same Warren Buffet who supported Obama, and has seen his wealth increase by 20%, in the last 2-3 years alone?

You do understand that we tax income, and not wealth in america right? Which has me wondering what the hell ones wealth has to do with the discussion.

Using liberal policies against them. Your display above which discusses wealth, and not income is a prime example. Did you know Warren Buffets salary at Birkshire Hathaway is $100K a year? You can increase the tax rate to 100% and STILL not affect his wealth..
Buffett didn't need Obama, Bush or anyone else, he is financial legend. I think you're making my case and his by stating his wealth increase. His income from salary is nothing, do you have any idea how much stock he can shelter by the lower capital gains rate?

Do you understand that the wealthy also have huge amounts of income, for some reason wealth and income seem to go hand in hand, and yes you could raise the top tax rate and not change wealth, at least not this year, but it would still be a great start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies