Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times

Advertisements

Forbes article nails the source of America's problem.

"Few Americans needed Standard & Poor to confirm the mismanagement of the United States government and its finances. The downgrading of American credit will raise interest rates on America’s huge debt and ultimately on all Americans. Popular polls say that most Americans blame Congress—but that’s too simplistic. As much as Barack Obama would like to shift that blame onto Congress, the fault lies squarely on the shoulders of President. It is first and foremost a leadership problem that is crippling America—and the leader is President Barack Obama—not the many members of Congress."

A Failed Presidency — The American Problem - Prosper Now - - Forbes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 PM

898 posts, read 827,647 times
Yup. It's obvious to everyone with any intelligence.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:14 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,926 times
I am neutral politically-----and I agree with both sides of the fence here.

Obama has become a weak and ineffectual leader---very disappointing. That being said, the legislatgors that comprise congress and the senate have become pathetically inept and a sham.
The farce that was the debt ceiling debates, scared the international community into thinking that the US political process has become a farce----and they indeed correct.

This was a good opportunity to undertake a legitimate effort to start whittling away at our debt-yet our brillant leaders chose this as an opportunity to sicken the nation with arrogance, self serving dogma, and intolerance to reason and logic.

I think standard and poors was appalled, as were many other international agencies, at the inept and foolishly pathetic process that just took place. The world was looking to the United States, in the throes of a brewing international crisis, to act responsibly and show leadership in tackling a problem. Instead it got Humpty Dumpty, three stooges, and vaudville.

There will be upcoming efforts to regroup and chart a proper course----what will it be?? Responsible leadership or more penty anty garbage to futher frighten both the world and our own citizens.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:00 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
What utter crap. Obama and Boehner almost had a bipartisan deal that would have cut spending and raised revenue and which both could have worked to implement. The Tea Party rejected it, and we got the Frankenstein compromise. The blame sits squarely on their shoulders. They insisted on pushing a very unpopular minority view forward that noone else could support,and many still think the default would have been fine. Obama, Boehner, McConnell, nor Reid did not want that, but the Tea Party had to have their day in the sun and go for the nuclear option.

Folks around the world now see them for the crazed ideologues that they are, inept stewards of the largest economy on earth. Obama was damaged by this, but he did everything reasonable he could to avoid it.

I am getting less and less impressed with Forbes magazine. It seems very biased. I will read up in the Economist to get a different view.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:10 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
So if I write a blog and say that Obama is the greatest thing since sliced bread and Forbes publishes it, will the op also present my blog report as an endorsement by Forbes magazine???

Old 08-07-2011, 12:17 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
So if I write a blog and say that Obama is the greatest thing since sliced bread and Forbes publishes it, will the op also present my blog report as an endorsement by Forbes magazine???

...sliced bread...i like it1!...

Old 08-07-2011, 12:37 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Whatever. Obama is the most capable president since Clinton and Forbes knows it. That is why it took such a lengthy article to attempt to discredit him. If it really was as obvious as the article purports that Obama is unfit, he would already be gone from the White House. I need say no more.

H

Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Forbes article nails the source of America's problem.

"Few Americans needed Standard & Poor to confirm the mismanagement of the United States government and its finances. The downgrading of American credit will raise interest rates on America’s huge debt and ultimately on all Americans. Popular polls say that most Americans blame Congress—but that’s too simplistic. As much as Barack Obama would like to shift that blame onto Congress, the fault lies squarely on the shoulders of President. It is first and foremost a leadership problem that is crippling America—and the leader is President Barack Obama—not the many members of Congress."

A Failed Presidency — The American Problem - Prosper Now - - Forbes
Forbes has never been well recieved by City Data, but I see now that it supports your, and the other Conservatives', views of bigotry and hatred that it's okay.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:52 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Whatever. Obama is the most capable president since Clinton and Forbes knows it. That is why it took such a lengthy article to attempt to discredit him. If it really was as obvious as the article purports that Obama is unfit, he would already be gone from the White House. I need say no more.

H
That's not saying much!

Old 08-07-2011, 06:00 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Obama is a pretty weak leader but the Tea Party and their recklessness brought this about. One of the reasons cited by the report for the downgrade was the political wrangling over a process that is usually a nothing more than a rubber stamp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies