Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:22 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,432,529 times

Advertisements

'London Taliban' is targeting women and gays in bid to impose sharia law | Mail Online
London
Islamist fanatics who plastered stickers in streets claiming that residental areas in east London were under the control of Sharia law, have held marches in streets today (Saturday).
London suburb put under ‘Sharia law’ | The Sun |Features
Yesterday supporter of the group Abu Izzadeen, 36, insisted he wants to see the stoning of adulterers and women forced to cover up their bodies on the streets of Waltham Forest, which has one of the country's highest Muslim populations.
Sharia law in bid to conquer London | EUTimes.net
severe Sharia law code of conduct in London, to drag “enveloped in sin “ Britain to a sin-free society by any means – from abstention to amputation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 02:25 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,432,529 times
'London Taliban' is targeting women and gays in bid to impose sharia law | Mail Online

Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,906,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Sharia law in bid to conquer London — RT
Muslims in London are already organizing religious police to enforce sharia law and hope to see similar such enforcement across Europe.
Please do tell how these "religious police" are going to enforce their "law" across Europe, and supplant European laws.
Has it occurred to you that:
* You might have an axe to grind against Islam? Please share.
* Islam, or any religion, could have its fundamentalist wackos just as Christianity does?
* The call for violence by fundamentalists is not supported by the religions themselves?
* Christian fundamentalists hope for a Christian world and would install theocracy in America if they could?
* There are other Muslim-hate threads already in existence?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:51 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,066,510 times
Sailor..have you ever been to Dearborn?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,066,510 times
Quote:
Id you or anyone else here go to the linked news story and read or watch the news video on the site? Probably not. Even though Sharia law is against English law, there are Muslim communities putting up signs warning people that Sharia laws are being enforced and they're in the process of gathering people to patrol their streets to enforce Sharia law (like Saudi Religious Police). It's obvious from the video that these aren't all recent immigrants. Some in the video are fair skinned red haired Englishmen who converted to Islam. If Sharia law can take a foothold in London communities then why do you feel it's too much a stretch of the imagination that they might try to start it here?
What does this have to do with DEARBORN???

Old 08-08-2011, 12:55 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,104,434 times
Quote:
Sharia law in bid to conquer London — RT

Muslims in London are already organizing religious police to enforce sharia law and hope to see similar such enforcement across Europe.
No.

So quit worrying, and don't be such a sucker for propaganda.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,104,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's coming because the Muslims aren't coming because they have any love for the USA, by definition they must work to have Sharia law, it's their religion, and they'll use our freedoms to destroy us.
Well then lets get rid of those dangerous freedoms!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:28 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,059,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
So what's actually going on in Dearborn? Or is this just a general another anti-Muslim thread, with Dearborn being used as a cheap target because of its Arab-American population? Christian missionaries show up at events in Dearborn and scream insults about Islam and Arabs, people show up to burn Korans, and rabidly xenophobic clowns use the city as a scapegoat. Why not just leave them alone, since they are Americans minding their own business, until something actually happens there?
These folks haven't even stepped foot in Dearborn in their lives, yet they know all about it.

I love Dearborn myself. It's one of the coolest towns in SE Michigan, and i spend lots of time there when i'm back in the D. I love the people...yea, even the ARABS (Aaaaarrrggggghhhhh). It's always been one of my favorite towns, and the Arab population has revitalized the city and kept it from dying.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,444,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
These folks haven't even stepped foot in Dearborn in their lives, yet they know all about it.
No kidding. People who actually live, or have lived in the Detroit area love Dearborn, just like we love Greektown and Hamtramck.

If I were to be uncharitable, I would guess that the other sort of poster, the Muslim-baiting sort, has a nostalgia for when the Ford family controlled everything in the city, and perhaps also for the tenure of Orville Hubbard. But it's more likely they don't know enough of what they're talking about to know who he was.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,059,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
No kidding. People who actually live, or have lived in the Detroit area love Dearborn, just like we love Greektown and Hamtramck.

If I were to be uncharitable, I would guess that the other sort of poster, the Muslim-baiting sort, has a nostalgia for when the Ford family controlled everything in the city, and perhaps also for the tenure of Orville Hubbard. But it's more likely they don't know enough of what they're talking about to know who he was.
The old Hubbard Administration is EXACTLY what some of these folks long for. I can still remember those times quite well. I wouldn't set foot in Dearborn back when the white folks were running it except MAYBE to go to Fairlane....and even then i didn't want to spend my money there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies