Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 04:57 PM

355 posts, read 209,467 times

Advertisements

they started comparing Obama to Bush. (Actually, I have witnessed this behavior well before Obama, but is has become blatantly obvious under the Obama administration).

I have been liberal all my life, but have become more free marketed oriented and limited government over the years, which is being true to liberalism. However, when I see modern day liberals rationalize away their crappy policies in name of not being as bad as Bush or the teaparty, it makes me cringe. I used to believe that republicans do not set the standards, liberals do. Unfortunately, reality caught up to me. Republicans set the standards and liberals try to act not as bad.

It is so disturbing to fully come to and accept this realization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 06:28 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,722 times
Many decades ago I considered myself a liberal. I started questioning the efficacy of abortion changed all of that. I started questioning other liberal/leftist philosophies. One thing leads to another. BTW, you realize everyone will assume you a troll. You do know that, right?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Many decades ago I considered myself a liberal. I started questioning the efficacy of abortion changed all of that. I started questioning other liberal/leftist philosophies. One thing leads to another. BTW, you realize everyone will assume you a troll. You do know that, right?
I really don't care if people think I am a troll. I speak my mind and if that makes me a troll, then so be it. I never came here to please people and make friends. I came here to discuss politics, particularly what is wrong with America.

One of my political heroes is Barry Goldwater who was a leading figure in the conservative movement many decades ago. Do need to remind you of Goldwater's stance on abortion?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:51 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
BTW, you realize everyone will assume you a troll. You do know that, right?
I Drink Water's post causes me a little concern.

I had nick named him "I Drink Kool-Aid" but this post? I just don't know?

Sounds as if he's going soft on us!

No worries though .. I'm sure he'll see this post and be back to his old Kool-Aid drinking self!

(Can't let those mean ole Conservative folks think that he's waking up!)

Old 08-07-2011, 06:52 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
they started comparing Obama to Bush. (Actually, I have witnessed this behavior well before Obama, but is has become blatantly obvious under the Obama administration).

I have been liberal all my life, but have become more free marketed oriented and limited government over the years, which is being true to liberalism. However, when I see modern day liberals rationalize away their crappy policies in name of not being as bad as Bush or the teaparty, it makes me cringe. I used to believe that republicans do not set the standards, liberals do. Unfortunately, reality caught up to me. Republicans set the standards and liberals try to act not as bad.

Liberalism != Modern Liberalism

Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post

As you grow older, you get wiser!

Old 08-07-2011, 06:58 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Baauulllsshheehht! Excuse me!

Old 08-07-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I had nick named him "I Drink Kool-Aid" but this post? I just don't know?
Please substantiate your claim rather than try to initiate a flame war. You are a grown adult, right?

Quote:
(Can't let those mean ole Conservative folks think that he's waking up!)
I love conservatives like Ron Paul, Barry Goldwater, Gary Johnson, Adam Kokesh. However, modern day conservatives are neocons, statists, social conservatives, and movement conservatives.

Unfortunately, people like you keep drinking the kool-aid.

p.s. I also like Harry Browne. He was a good man. However, you probably don't even know who he is since you are drunk off your kool-aid.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:59 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,077 times
They are both terrible Presidents. It would be better to compare Bush I to Clinton.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times

You sure you want to start voting conservative, I Drink?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies