Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:43 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,822,540 times

Advertisements

This is priceless when the left demands Obamas transcript get back to me till then you all have NO room to complain about someone that has released theirs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 08:47 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,642,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
a

I am seriously considering moving to Texas, even tho I am a native of NC, and my family settled this region prior to 1750 (meaning - this is HOME).

I am impressed w/ Texas, like their laws, their homestead provision, their low cost of living (especially housing) and their medical care and education system.

Don't mess with Texas, folks! Texas is one of the few states in this country where one can find the vestiges of the pioneer spirit that has basically been lost in this country.
And that's fine, you may love their attitudes and their ideology. I don't have any problem with it either.

I just don't think it makes any sense whatsoever to attribute Texas's success to Rick Perry.

I would vote Republican. I would even vote for a Texas Republican. However I would probably vote for Nancy Pelosi's brain stored in a jar of formaldehyde before I would vote for Rick Perry.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:49 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,410,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Despite the fact that Texas Monthly characterizes Perry as a smarter, meaner George Bush, his college transcript casts doubt -- at least on the smarter part:

Rick Perry's Texas A&M Transcript
Wow. Needless to say, those grades weren't good enough to get him into Veterinary School-- especially the D and F in Organic Chemistry. Was he ever a Vet Tech? Maybe that is why he doesn't mind passing mandates to force vaccinations on people. He's clueless about the dangers of the likely side effects.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,719,593 times
I cannot get the link to work.What is the bottomline.

General GPA, good and bad points?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Wow. Needless to say, those grades weren't good enough to get him into Veterinary School-- especially the D and F in Organic Chemistry. Was he ever a Vet Tech? Maybe that is why he doesn't mind passing mandates to force vaccinations on people. He's clueless about the dangers of the likely side effects.
I doubt he was a Vet Tech but reports are that he was a Captain and pilot. Incidentally, being a pilot a trait he shares with GWBush. Both could fly high dollar air craft. Apparently the only similarity with Obama is that he flies high dollar community organizations... as in ACORN.

Perry attended Texas A&M when it was largely an ROTC oriented school, its sports recognized for the schools '12th Man'. Perry was chosen from among his peers as a leader of those men. Men who would later become leaders themselves.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,667,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I dunno about that . . . Texas has created more jobs during this recession/depression than any other state.

Governor must be doing SOMETHING right, lol.
Must be all those illegal mexicans texas is hiring or the fact that texas is a right to work state.

Of course open borders and right to work sounds quite like something perry would pretend he knows nothing about.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:27 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,277,535 times
Quote:
Despite the fact that Texas Monthly characterizes Perry as a smarter, meaner George Bush, his college transcript casts doubt -- at least on the smarter part:

He's George W. Bush Jr. version 2.0 dumber, more of a religious wacko and without the blue-blood family and Ivy League connections that at least gave Bush Jr. at least a passing semblance of respectablity among upper crust conservatives.

Like Bush Jr. Perry will be a front man to appease the social conservatives. The real brains behind will be big time corporate interests intent of raping and pilliaging America for every dollar that they can.

We've seen this movie before and it doesn't end well.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
He's George W. Bush Jr. version 2.0 dumber, more of a religious wacko and without the blue-blood family and Ivy League connections that at least gave Bush Jr. at least a passing semblance of respectablity among upper crust conservatives.

Like Bush Jr. Perry will be a front man to appease the social conservatives. The real brains behind will be big time corporate interests intent of raping and pilliaging America for every dollar that they can.

We've seen this movie before and it doesn't end well.
You mean like George Soros... ?
Quote:
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- George Soros, the billionaire hedge-fund manager and philanthropist best known for breaking the Bank of England in 1992, will return capital to investors in order to avoid reporting requirements under the Dodd Frank reform act.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:53 AM

24,364 posts, read 22,946,540 times
You really can't criticize anybody's grades when Obamas college grades were spotty at best and nobody can really even come up with an explanation how he got into Harvard. They won't even release them he's that ashamed of them.
Kerry, Obama, Bush all seem to be about on the same level intellectually and academically. Medicore but lazy students of average to above average intelligence. But they did have connections and knew how to shmooze which is not a bad ability for a future leader. It doesn't make you a good leader or give you good ideas but it makes you have allies and friends.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:11 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,419,138 times
Quote:

Those of us in Texas know that Perry is a poor copy of Dubya. Perry lacks Bush's intellect and charm. He's perfect for the tea people.

Perry-Bachmann 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies