Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 05:12 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,830,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Most Americans are not teabaggers. Teabaggers were never gonna vote Democratic any way. They are shills for the GOP and corporate America.
Most Americans are not Democrats, what's your point? *******s were never gonna vote for conservatives any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Well I tip my hat to you. A principled conservative I can stand. However, I have little appetite for hypocrisy.
So why are you attacking me and all the rest of the members of the Tea Party calling us Terrorists? I know hundreds of people in the Tea Party who think exactly like I do, those are just locals that I know personally. None of them supported Bush 1 or 2, none of them supported attacking Iraq and none of them support us bombing Libya.

I'm as far from a hypocrite as you can get and you have the nerve to call me a terrorist?

Old 08-16-2011, 05:19 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,561,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Most Americans are not Democrats, what's your point? *******s were never gonna vote for conservatives any way.
My point is that the Tea Party is a fringe group in America. I am tired of conservatives presenting the Tea Party as a consensus group that speaks for all Americans when the opposite is true.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
My point is that the Tea Party is a fringe group in America. I am tired of conservatives presenting the Tea Party as a consensus group that speaks for all Americans when the opposite is true.
I don't care if I'm called fringe or not, I'm a member of a group that is doing what needs to be done to bring the US gov. under control and make it accountable to it's citizens. The Tea Party does speak for all Americans whether they're smart enough to realize it or not.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM

901 posts, read 1,893,399 times
Quote:
If you're talking about Clinton, he never turned over a surplus but that's a whole different topic and thread I guess.
True statement. I wish most people, especially voters, would actually do a little research and look at the numbers for themselves. We would be a whole lot better off as a country if we would no longer blindly accept statements from politicians of either party as fact.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM

1,019 posts, read 588,142 times
Quote:
They call the President every name in the book but then bristle when their actions and behavior are been compared to terrorists. The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines terrorism as:

Hence the Tea Party's push during the debt ceiling debate for the ceiling not to be raised unless ALL their demands were met was a clear example of terrorism. It was terrorism because they knew that the U.S. would suffer catastrophic economic consequences if the debt ceiling wasn't raised and they were trying to use this to coerce the U.S. Government into giving them what they want... essentially paying them a ransom.

By all accounts their acts of terror worked as the final debt deal was heavily tilted in their favor. That is why I find it a bit odd that people in the tea party would feel insulted when others compare them to terrorists. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade.
You've lost all credibility, and for "cause". Your advocacies and comparisons are infintile at best. Scamper on.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
So why are you attacking me and all the rest of the members of the Tea Party calling us Terrorists? I know hundreds of people in the Tea Party who think exactly like I do, those are just locals that I know personally. None of them supported Bush 1 or 2, none of them supported attacking Iraq and none of them support us bombing Libya.

I'm as far from a hypocrite as you can get and you have the nerve to call me a terrorist?
Well if that is true about your fellow teapartiers, how come I never heard a word from them during Bush's 8 disastrous years as POTUS? Why are they suddenly making all the noise now?

Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly you are living in your own sense of reality because many of us are probably laughing at your posting.
"Laughing" is putting it kindly, very kindly. His post is inane, idiotic, infintile and sad that an American could produce such "thoughts".

Old 08-16-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
True statement. I wish most people, especially voters, would actually do a little research and look at the numbers for themselves. We would be a whole lot better off as a country if we would no longer blindly accept statements from politicians of either party as fact.
So true Trash Can, like statements from the GOP that Obama caused the recession when everyone else knows that it started under Bush.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Well if that is true about your fellow teapartiers, how come I never heard a word from them during Bush's 8 disastrous years as POTUS? Why are they suddenly making all the noise now?
They weren't disasterious, and only turned south when Pelosi and Reid took over Congress. History has already swept aside views such as yours. Bush was not perfect, but his two terms were far from disasterous.

If you want to see want "disasterous" looks like, look at the Obama administration.

You will get an eyefull, except, of course, that your eyes will be squeezed to tighly-shut not a photon of light could enter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies