Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,717,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
They call the President every name in the book but then bristle when their actions and behavior are been compared to terrorists. The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines terrorism as:

The systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.

Hence the Tea Party's push during the debt ceiling debate for the ceiling not to be raised unless ALL their demands were met was a clear example of terrorism. It was terrorism because they knew that the U.S. would suffer catastrophic economic consequences if the debt ceiling wasn't raised and they were trying to use this to coerce the U.S. Government into giving them what they want... essentially paying them a ransom.

By all accounts their acts of terror worked as the final debt deal was heavily tilted in their favor. That is why I find it a bit odd that people in the tea party would feel insulted when others compare them to terrorists. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade.
LOL, you're one of what I like to call "the mindless brainwashed masses." You're spitting back out the Democrat's Party line as though it was somehow something other than smoke and mirrors to cover for something far more shameful:
The old-guard Republicans (still a majority of the GOP in Congress) and the Democrats are so utterly divided and so utterly incapable of working together that the Tea Party Republicans -- a minor side-show by comparison -- were able to hijack the system ... and the Dems and old GOP couldn't figure out the obvious until it was almost too late.

The obvious = Work together and you can easily beat them. Old-GOP and Dems had WAY more votes than anyone else. Had the Dems stood with the Speaker of the House back in June or earlier, this would have been over. But instead they all made the choice: Play chicken with the US and World economy and only compromise at the last possible instant.

The Democrats are equally guilty of "terrorism" as the TP'ers and old GOP. I remember them saying "the sky is falling!!" and two sentences later the Senate Majority leader saying "that bill from the House will be dead on arrival" and Obama promising to veto it. If the sky was falling, you'd just shut the hell up and sign any reasonably sane bill you've got, right?

Too many people in this nation are so mindlessly loyal to either Democrat or Republican they've forgotten how to actually use their own brain and think for themselves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 07:04 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,761,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Extortionists, hypocrites, mudslingers, and absolutely terrible congress members, yes. Terrorists? Nah. Michelle Bachmann may be nutty, but she is no Timothy McVeigh. I think the term is imprecise and over the top.
I disagree, and strongly. Their allegiance is not to the constitution and they're posing as patriots of a disney world view to eradicate the constitution surreptitiously. They are in effect deleting the operating system they're standing on, which would be fine if only they were the ones on the line. But they're deleting everyones operating system in the process the exact same way our monetary system was hijacked leaving us all stuck paying the bar tab. Let them leave, let them live in their head in the sand gated communities, or let them be in jail. They are terrorists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
And if you go down this mudslinging path, you end up wallowing with all the dittoheads and other pinheads on their turf. None of that appeals to the left or the center. Leave it to them, and they will be booted in 2012.
And if we persist in being a nation that has a citizenry comprised of individuals living out another brand of nation (entitling themselves to prey on the host nation) this nation will perish. This is the identical argument of dixiecrats and their reign of terror. Supremacist BS from any side has no place in public policy. Ever.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:14 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,928,008 times
Quote:
However the same cannot be said of teapartiers who believe that corporations and the super rich should get off scotch free and that the poor and middle class alone should bear the burden of reducing the deficit.
Scotch free?

Old 08-16-2011, 07:19 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,563,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
Paint yourself a picture of the ultra-corrupt Chicago political milleau. Now take that same can of paint, and paint the entire US with it. That is what has happened.

Chicago goon politics, run by Chicago goons, now control the most-powerful nation on earth.
Still better than the toxic stew from Texas who aptly call themselves the Bushes. The dumb shrub W. destroyed America beyond repair. Seems like we may never climb out of the hole that he dug for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
"Several"???? Untold millions have properly concluded that Obama, Reid and Pelosi are mostly to blame. They have terrified business with their agenda.
Even more have rightly concluded that the mess started under Bush and the Republicans and still blame them for it:

Voters blame Bush more than Obama for the economy | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Old 08-16-2011, 07:21 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,855,281 times
Quote:
Still better than the toxic stew from Texas who aptly call themselves the Bushes. The dumb shrub W. destroyed America beyond repair. Seems like we may never climb out of the hole that he dug for us.

Even more have rightly concluded that the mess started under Bush and the Republicans and still blame them for it:

Voters blame Bush more than Obama for the economy | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
I love how you guys NEVER have solutions, just blame.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I love how you guys NEVER have solutions, just blame.
Same could be said of the GOP and Tea Party who blame Obama for everything. Both sides are guilty of the blame game. I guess we can agree on that point.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,855,281 times
Quote:
Same could be said of the GOP and Tea Party who blame Obama for everything. Both sides are guilty of the blame game. I guess we can agree on that point.
There's a difference between blaming someone and blaming someone yet having no solutions, while doing the same thing they did.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,884,595 times
I think Michael Savage said it best when he titled one of his books "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"

Old 08-16-2011, 07:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,021,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think Michael Savage said it best when he titled one of his books "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"
I really used to think that was harsh, but then one comes here and reads the kookville left wing threads and then I ask how could one come to any other conclusion.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I really used to think that was harsh, but then one comes here and reads the kookville left wing threads and then I ask how could one come to any other conclusion.
Look at the kettle calling the pot black. If Liberalism is a mental disorder, then Conservatism is full blown psychosis akin to Schizophrenia. Glenn Beck and Michael Savage are perfect examples of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies