Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The tea party
It's doing a good job and is a breath of fresh air 69 49.29%
It's a fringe group that's adamant about its way 71 50.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,731,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
No, as a result of a looney nut in the whitehouse and a renagade congress run by the democratic party's blowing money without restraint, the result was the debt ceiling was maxed out. My opinion is that we should have lowered the debt ceiling and dropped taxes, and cut spending, especially to other countries. The Tea Party House is trying to clean up the disaster made by the run amuck democrats and obama. And obama/democrats are completely responsible for the downgrade. And no, i'm not letting off the hook the repubs that voted for the debt ceiling hike. Throw everyone out that voted to raise it.
S&P said cutting spending was not sufficient. They wanted increased revenue like not extending the Bush tax cuts. Republicans refused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,269,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
My sentiments about the "tea party" are far stronger than what's expressed with these choices. I feel they are a severely racist group, driven insane by the election of a black man to the White House. They are a modern-day version of the Klan. Their desires belong in the times of Jim Crow, not modern times. Their solutions to the problems which plague this country are therefore racist-based, making them unsuitable, harmful, undesirable, and incorrect. Their presence on the political scheme is shameful, and their participation in Congress is the reason why the downgrade happened, and why the economy reflects Bush policy. They suck and deserve no respect.

Look, alot of tea party members voted for obama to prove they are not racist. But they will not vote for him again to prove they are not stupid. Will you?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,731,655 times
Quote:
Look, alot of tea party members voted for obama to prove they are not racist. But they will not vote for him again to prove they are not stupid. Will you?
If Bachmann, Perry, or Palin are the candidates yes, because voting for them would be even more stupid.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:43 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,645,513 times
Quote:
Of course the spoiled brats are screaming, they are not getting their way. Thankfully!!!!
hah!

the only "brats" out there are the Baby Boomers who don't want to pay higher taxes to fund their future medicare costs.

Hell they don't even want to TALK about medicare. Half of them are so ignorant that they think it is paid for! LOL.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,919,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavInBend View Post
Patently false, but then again, this is how the Tea Party generates interest among its members. Repeat lies over and over, and then they become true.

The bill that passed that Boehner said was 98% of what he wanted? 98% of what the GOP wanted? And you blame the Democrats???

Trite bumper-sticker smack, nothing short of what we expect from the mind of a teabagger.

If you and your ilk had the reasoning and comprehension powers of a 9-year-old, this debate wouldn't be necessary. "Pathetic" doesn't even describe the impotent rage that comes from your side of the political aisle, because it's now downright dangerous.
Sorry, I don't argue against talking points.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-10-2011 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Pure racist propaganda.
???

I am confused, who is being racist? I don't think race is even a topic here other than maybe those using it as a fallacious attack?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:56 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,278,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Ignoring evidence doesn't make you right.
No but it makes it much easier to delude themselves.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,169,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
???

I am confused, who is being racist? I don't think race is even a topic here other than maybe those using it as a fallacious attack?
Using race as a fallacious attack IS racist.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Using race as a fallacious attack IS racist.
Agreed, but who is doing that?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,182,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I had a similar thought about them at the beginning of the debt celing negotiations. I was thinking, "okay good, way to put career politician walruses in their spots". But then, they went too loco at the expense of the country's image.
There were about 20 Tea Party Congressmen who voted against the abortion of a bill that was written in the White HOuse by the leaders of both houses and the President. The Tea Party had nothing at all to do with the illegal method used to write that thing. Also, the votes were taken without one minute of debate on the floor of either House. How in hell can you people think the Tea Party is to blame. They had nothing to do with writing the law and too many of them went along with the old heads who are no longer willing to fight the establishment folds who control things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies