Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times

Advertisements

Good reading here:

Right-wing authoritarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. It is defined by three attitudinal and behavioral clusters which correlate together:[1][2]
  1. Authoritarian submission — a high degree of submissiveness to the authorities who are perceived to be established and legitimate in the society in which one lives.
  2. Authoritarian aggression — a general aggressiveness directed against deviants, outgroups, and other people that are perceived to be targets according to established authorities.
  3. Conventionalism — a high degree of adherence to the traditions and social norms that are perceived to be endorsed by society and its established authorities, and a belief that others in one's society should also be required to adhere to these norms[3].
The terminology of authoritarianism, right-wing authoritarianism, and authoritarian personality tend to be used interchangeably by psychologists, though inclusion of the term "personality" may indicate a psychodynamic interpretation consistent with the original formulation of the theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 02:30 PM

800 posts, read 778,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Good reading here:

Right-wing authoritarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. It is defined by three attitudinal and behavioral clusters which correlate together:[1][2]
  1. Authoritarian submission — a high degree of submissiveness to the authorities who are perceived to be established and legitimate in the society in which one lives.
  2. Authoritarian aggression — a general aggressiveness directed against deviants, outgroups, and other people that are perceived to be targets according to established authorities.
  3. Conventionalism — a high degree of adherence to the traditions and social norms that are perceived to be endorsed by society and its established authorities, and a belief that others in one's society should also be required to adhere to these norms[3].
The terminology of authoritarianism, right-wing authoritarianism, and authoritarian personality tend to be used interchangeably by psychologists, though inclusion of the term "personality" may indicate a psychodynamic interpretation consistent with the original formulation of the theory.
Not really sure where you're going with this but the article states it has relatively little to do with right and left wing political beliefs

Old 08-09-2011, 02:52 PM

3,731 posts, read 5,735,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Why so much hate in America? Because the United States is a nation deeply rooted in war, hate, destruction and manipulation. Since it's inception, the United States has done nothing but FIGHT WARS, DESTROY AND MANIPULATE OTHER COUNTRIES.

It's a fact that the United States has fought more wars than any other nation in history. The annihilation of the American Indian, the enslavement and torture of Black Americans, the KKK, lynchings of black folks, the destruction of Vietnam and deaths of millions of Vietnamese with napalm bombs, the dropping of a nuclear bomb on the Japanese people, the killings of millions of Iraqi people and the deaths of millions in Afghanistan are all manifestations of hate displayed by this nation. And the people of this nation display the same hatred toward themselves and others.
Um.... is this what they're teaching in the Poli Sci departments of Junior Colleges in dying states like California these days? I ask, because you don't seem the sort who could come up with this by oneself. It sounds like you're reciting things someone taught you: someone who barely passed Math 100, and so barely made it into a teaching position.

And as a Native American, I don't feel at all 'Anihilated'. The difference between America's treatment of Indigenous Peoples, and the treatment, in most other countries, of Indigenous Peoples by the ascendant groups, is this: here, we get goodies on top of goodies. I got a free ride for my first degree, thanks to the kindly white people who funded my schooling and built the University (and originated virtually everything taught in that school...in addition to the Air Conditioning, the Electricity, the Cafeteria...).

Maybe you should check into the way Mexico treats its Indigenous Peoples. Or how the Han Chinese and the Japanese have treated primitive peoples within their territories. Or how the Bantu are treating the Pygmies at this very moment. Or how the Zulus treat the Bushmen.

It seems to me that what you know about the World, and about History, is what someone who couldn't get into a good degree program and thus settled for one of the 'Humanities' (and who could only function in an academic setting) has taught you. Seeing life from the viewpoint of a 'professor' who goes home to a 'good life' consisting of the 'Three C's' (Coffee, Cats, and Cigarettes), and who makes a living pushing the culture of Victimization, is not a good way to gain much perspective.

Before the freedom of the Internet is shut down, I would beg you to learn about the World, as it actually is, rather than as filtered and repackaged by Radical Marxist Authors and Professors.

A good place to start would be researching the lives of Haiti's 300,000 or so 'Restavec' Slave Children.

Or maybe read about the recent archaeological digs which have revealed genocide by Indigenous Groups in North America against other Indigenous Groups.

Me, I'm grateful to Americans for everything they have given me.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:06 PM

6,416 posts, read 7,626,244 times
NPR did a story yesterday which pretty much summed it up. Human nature is teritorial and will fight to protect their own kind and territory for its own survival.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 PM

313 posts, read 284,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Black people have always suffered more than whites economically, especially in unemployment numbers amongst other areas.
Yes but comparatively speaking Black people here have it world's better than in any country in which they comprise a majority.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:26 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,898,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Except the racist attacks in Wisconsin would never be called a "hate crime".
It goes both ways but nobody in Wisconsin was killed so this is a bit more serious and, unlike Wisconsin, you won't see this on Fox News. Why don't we just quit finger pointing and get rid of ALL the trouble makers and scum?

Old 08-15-2011, 06:37 PM

30,620 posts, read 21,792,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
It goes both ways but nobody in Wisconsin was killed so this is a bit more serious and, unlike Wisconsin, you won't see this on Fox News. Why don't we just quit finger pointing and get rid of ALL the trouble makers and scum?
It was pure luck that no one was killed in Wisconsin. Either way the perps in both instances should be squashed! Who wants to live with the punks that perpretrated any of these crimes!

Old 12-29-2011, 01:21 AM

24 posts, read 53,058 times
There is so much racial hatred in America because the 1% have brainwashed the rest of us into thinking we have no commonality. Divide and conquer, and what better divider than along race and ethnicity. That's how poor white Southerners where convinced to go along with segregation even though the loathsome policy had no financial benefit to either Blacks or Whites. I hope this race bating will one day end because the thought it will continue into the future is giving me hives.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:24 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,265,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Blame the liberals I say.
I'm willing to bet a 100 bucks that the criminals in this story have more in common with the tea party then they do with liberals.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:37 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,529,842 times
Well racism won't end but these "teens" who killed this man on purpose will soon find out the true meaning of "racism" when they become butt slaves for their black masters in prison. Oh and vaseline is expensive even in Mississippi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies