Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:35 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,104,434 times

Advertisements

It's not hard to see why.

Just look at the people in this thread making absolutist generalizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 PM

23,390 posts, read 17,061,069 times
Default better choice

Perhaps a better way to illustrate your question would be to note the overwhelming black on black crime. Otherwise you post is another thinly disguised racist rant.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:53 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,660,084 times
OUTRAGED....Why So Much Hate In America?

I don't think there is that much hate in America. These hateful events are an aberration. Most of us live our entire lives and don't get exposed to such hate. These events just make the headlines. After all, we have over 300 million people, so we should expect these things from time to time.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,657,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
It is becoming more apparent, with every passing day, the great experiment in diversity started in the 50's has failed.

I am a white male and feel I have a bulls-eye painted on my back.

I am done with diversity and don't care anymore.
Many of us feel this way, but few have the courage to admit it.

Yes, our experiment has been a disaster, and many older black people are the first to agree with that because they've watched their old neighborhoods turn into war zones. The idealist in me likes to think that we could have approached it differently with better results and that some day that Act II will play out. Only time will tell.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:04 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,104,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
OUTRAGED....Why So Much Hate In America?

I don't think there is that much hate in America. These hateful events are an aberration. Most of us live our entire lives and don't get exposed to such hate. These events just make the headlines. After all, we have over 300 million people, so we should expect these things from time to time.
Much like government doing a good job at something, this kind of stuff never makes the news.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,849,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Many of us feel this way, but few have the courage to admit it.

Yes, our experiment has been a disaster, and many older black people are the first to agree with that because they've watched their old neighborhoods turn into war zones. The idealist in me likes to think that we could have approached it differently with better results and that some day that Act II will play out. Only time will tell.
The experiment failed because the government tried to fix social problems. Natural integration works, that I can vouch for.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,334,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I love how I couldn't even get through the first 3 post pages and all the usual Conservative "I'm not a racist" on here are glad that these racist killed this innocent man. You know who you are and you need to stop being lil B**&&^^ and say what you really feel which is you are glad that the black man was killed because blacks are getting to uppity for you. You are all trash and someday that hate will visit you.

All that needed to be said for the attacks in Wisconsin and this senseless tragedy was the criminals who did these things needed to pay. But NOOOO lets all of us decent law abiding citizens race war with each other. That will make the world a better place. Stop being so stupid.
Agreed...they are so good at deflection.

This is sad.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:20 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,961,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
So basically, half the people in this thread overlook the fact that a man was beat by a bunch of teens and then intentionally ran over with a truck just to make a horrible insanely simple-minded comparison to "black mobs" beating up people. Oh my God. Maybe there would be standing if these "Black Mobs" (oh noes!!!) actually killed white people while yelling "Black Power" during the murder. But that isn't the case, and there isn't video tape unlike in this situation there is.

And LifelongMOgal, please. President Obama has never advocated race divisiveness. Unless you want to argue that him being president and standing there prompts people to make race-charged comments online in a heavily right leaning forum because it makes them feel better.
Well it'd be a different story if this article wasn't blatantly posted in order to point out "evil whitey." A thread that's started to be racial can't expect much more than racial responses in kind.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:22 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,512,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
The experiment failed because the government tried to fix social problems. Natural integration works, that I can vouch for.
so how long should jim crow have went on?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:25 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,849,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
so how long should jim crow have went on?
You know damn well that's not what I mean. Don't come at me with that bull****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies