Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,829,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
The man can't lead this country. Yes, he has had plenty of help failing from Congress, but should announce either a resignation or that he won't seek reelection?

I voted for Obama. Can I take it back?
Should he resign, yes. Will he, h*ll no, he has more destruction planned on the horizon.

Votes have consequences. I suggest you consider seriously Ron Paul 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 02:01 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,877,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Did you vote for him because you really liked him or because he was the lesser of two evils?

If it was because you really liked him, you are excused. If it was because he was the lesser of two evils, next time VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE like we all should do.

I voted for him because I bought into the idea of our nation changing for the better.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,304,360 times
Three words, people: President. Joe. Biden.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:07 PM

760 posts, read 684,114 times
Y'all can just live on with Obama. A ton of us wanted Bush to get the hell out of office, but we didn't get that.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 08-08-2011, 02:09 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,873,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Y'all can just live on with Obama. A ton of us wanted Bush to get the hell out of office, but we didn't get that.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Nanny nanny boo boo

Old 08-08-2011, 02:10 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,412,043 times
Quote:
I voted for him because I bought into the idea of our nation changing for the better.
Well you're excused. We've all been betrayed by candidates we voted for who we later find out didn't mean what they promised in campaigns. I think all of us by now should be very leery of candidates that are too slick and don't have a prior track record to show that they are likely to follow through on their promises. We all should be willing to do our homework on all of the candidates including the third party candidates and vote for who we think is best -- whether the media calls them a "front runner" or not.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:10 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Go study the Federal Reserve and you'll understand why it will not matter WHO is in office. Save for a Ron Paul type who wants to abolish it. Seriously, has your knowledge really increased and has your views really changed? Or are you going to find yourself duped again when the next great speaker comes around the corner to wow you. Seriously, it's not about one man or the Presidency. Its about an entrenched banking elite who are running a scam on the American people.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:15 PM

24,483 posts, read 33,191,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
A ton of us were better off when Bush was in office.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,878,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A ton of us were better off when Bush was in office.
Problem is you actually believe it would have remained so if Obama had not been elected.
Casper

Old 08-08-2011, 02:20 PM

886 posts, read 2,216,872 times
LOL It's so funny how teabaggers and some others want to blame Obama.

Let's see we lost the AAA rating from ONE rating agency.. why? Cuz its what the teabaggers wanted. They WANTED us to default even. All polls show most people wanted a balanced approach that included revenue increases, and Obama was pushing for only 1/4 of the his plan to have that, where as 3/4 would still have spending cuts, and still they wouldn't have it.

Congress has been even WORSE since then 2010 elections. They get nothing done, the people who got elected know nothing of compromise. They block Obamas appointees. It's ridiculous.

People want to say Democrats controlled everything when Obama got elected, that is clearly not true. YES they had control of all the houses, but they didn't have a REAL super majority, if they did we would have had the original plan Obama wanted (which had a lot of support as well), to have public option for healthcare as a baseline. Instead many of the democrats were "bluedogs" and practically republican.

Republicans like to talk about "follow the will of the people." Obama campaigned on public option for healthcare, he campaigned on raising taxes for the rich... and he overwhelmingly was voted in, far more then you can say for the tea party candidates, and yet they wanted obstruct everything....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies