Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 AM

253 posts, read 201,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
First time in US history that US credit rating has been downgraded under his watch, he is a disgrace and needs to be impeached for being an enemy of the United States. He is an embarrassment.
Hmmm.....I'm sorry but that's not an answer. You blame the credit rating on Obama? What about Congress? Did you forget we have a Congress? So, do you have specific things or just a general "I don't like him so he needs to resign" feeling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
I didn't realize that your experiences equal the reality we live in?

Here let me help you out

Unemployment in the U.S. - Google Public Data Explorer

3.9% unemployment when Bush took office
4.4% January 2007
7.8% January 2008 when Obama took office (3.4% increase in a year, thats millions of people who became unemployed under Bush, how lucky you are to have known none.)

Obama slowed it, it peaked at 10.1% under him, 9 months after taking office. 2.3%, a full 1.1% less then Bush raised it. It has been dropping slowly ever since then. People forget he really DID inherit a mess. Unemployment didn't even reached as high as it did under the republicans hero Reagan (10.8%).

If you really thought Obama would be able to come in, without the full power of congress backing his agenda, and repair things in 4 years, you don't really understand how it works. I think he COULD have actually, but he would have needed to end the wars immediately, and we needed a bigger stimulus, but everyone thinks spending is so bad... even though right now that is what we need to get people back to work.

The housing market crashed in 2007... once again this is just facts. Look it up...just because you didn't know anyone effected doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Let me help YOU. Those numbers how me that it was the Democrats that caused this. Those numbers jumped after they came into power, then went through the roof after they took the WH.

Funny, when he was running, everybody bought into his "I'll fix everything immediately". Now that he's made a huge mess of things, he's backpedaling.

We needed bigger stimulus? What, so we could be MORE in debt and have more people unemployed?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Lightbulb Should Obama resign?

If Bush jr didn't, Obama defnitely shouldn't.

Gobama

Old 08-09-2011, 08:38 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavInBend View Post
Indeed, if Bush had got bin Laden, he'd have a celebratory jet landing on an aircraft carrier and his approval rating soars.

Obama gets him, does a quick speech, and people immediately start criticizing whether or not he should've actually ordered his death, or how his burial was executed, or whether he, indeed, got him, etc.

You can't tell me this doesn't have an element of racism to it.
No, it doesn't. Well, only to people who see things with regards to race in EVERYTHING.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 AM

800 posts, read 780,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
If Bush jr didn't, Obama defnitely shouldn't.

Gobama
That is terrible logic. If someone does something stupid, you should just do it just cause they got to

Both presidents were bad just in their own unique ways

Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM

717 posts, read 898,765 times
But I don't get it. Bush got us into this mess, so why is everyone acting like Obama started it?

I don't think race has anything to do with it. Obama is light skinned. White people love light skinned black folk.

If Obama was chocolate, they'd be yanking that man out the White House right now

Old 08-09-2011, 08:48 AM

886 posts, read 2,225,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Let me help YOU. Those numbers how me that it was the Democrats that caused this. Those numbers jumped after they came into power, then went through the roof after they took the WH.

Funny, when he was running, everybody bought into his "I'll fix everything immediately". Now that he's made a huge mess of things, he's backpedaling.

We needed bigger stimulus? What, so we could be MORE in debt and have more people unemployed?
The democrats didn't get much done because republican filibustering when they gained control of congress. You can also just as much apply the same thing to republicans, as all the problems that happened since they got the House (credit rating downgrade, unemployment bumped back up, etc...)

We fix the economy and the debt problem will fix itself.... a stimulus that actually put money to shovel ready projects involving infrastructure will put people to work. Obamas idea for high speed rail is excellent, it would involve all areas of the country, it requires workers of all different backgrounds (engineers, computer scientist, geologist, laborers, etc...) and would have long term jobs created.

He never ran saying he would fix everything immediately. Youtube is your friend, he has a lot of videos saying it won't happen quickly, not with the damage he already inherited. Anyone who thought that was the case is clueless....

Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
That is terrible logic. If someone does something stupid, you should just do it just cause they got to

Both presidents were bad just in their own unique ways
That is terrible logic.

One was uniquely worse by a country mile.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right.......................

What happened in 2006? The democrats gained control of the congress and thus the economy. Then things started to unravel. As your "data" shows, that is when the decline started. Bush had a pretty good economy until the dems gained control of congress and San Fran Nan started looting the treasury.

PS- Unlike Obama, Reagan ushered in an economic boom, not another recession.
Please tell me what the dems did in 2006 that caused the housing market crash and the recession, i'd sooo love to know.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavInBend View Post
I don't see race in everything, just when our first black president has about a 45% approval rating during a crippling recession, and yet people call for his resignation right after we had a white president with a 20% approval rating during a crippling recession.

Also, when the teabaggers hold up racist signs at their rallies, I tend to put 2 and 2 together.
There is such blatant racism against him too, even from the news media.

Look at Fox headlines "Obamas Hip Hip BBQ" showing only the black guest, when famous white people far outnumbered them. They made up the idea of a "terrorist fist bump." They criticize him for having Common read poetry to kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies