Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:01 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,474,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Tantamount to playing the race card, about which you complain every day.

Thinking that Bachmann looks like a crazy ass banshee isn't a slam on women in general.

Please.
New Civility Alert!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 01:02 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,105,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
NOW thinks differently....

That's their job.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,105,408 times
Come on guys, unless I hear that Newsweek somehow altered the pic...

...then it is pure 100% Bachmann. It's no one else's fault she looks so crazy.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:09 PM

18,138 posts, read 15,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
Actually, no. Looks have nothing to do w/anything, it's about their political platform & views. Who cares if someone is attractive or not? It must care to conservatives though because they never fail to get a dig in regarding Michelle Obama or Pelosi's looks.
Seriously?! You didn't actually just try and play that hand As if libsy don't ever get to smack talking about looks...puhhleeeeaze! All the drivel talk the libs have spewed about Sarah Palins voice or the way she carrys herself. This very thread! Harping on Michelle Bachmanns picture for Petes sake! Ohhhhhh....my aching head. Yea...methinks thou doth protest to much

Old 08-09-2011, 01:31 PM

253 posts, read 201,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

Seriously?! You didn't actually just try and play that hand As if libsy don't ever get to smack talking about looks...puhhleeeeaze! All the drivel talk the libs have spewed about Sarah Palins voice or the way she carrys herself. This very thread! Harping on Michelle Bachmanns picture for Petes sake! Ohhhhhh....my aching head. Yea...methinks thou doth protest to much
Huh? First of all, earlier I mentioned that I'm not going to stoop to the level of making fun of someone's looks which in my opinion has NADA to do w/their political views. Secondly, you said it must drive liberals crazy that there are no women who look like Palin or Bachmann, hence why liberals are making fun of Bachmann or Palin's looks. I assume it must drive conservatives nuts for the very same reason as they get a dig in about Obama or Pelosi every chance they get. Do you see now? Conservatives do it to liberals just as much if that's what you want to hear & I don't agree w/it. So please do not even attempt to say it's all about the liberals poking fun at conservatives looks.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:38 PM

10,815 posts, read 14,883,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
That's all you got, a failed communist rag that nobody buys anymore?

Pfffffffffffffffftttt!

Old 08-09-2011, 02:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,182,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Didn't realize that conservatives held NOW is such high esteem.
Here is some more about how NOW feels and why. They don't like Bachmann on about every issue but they do consider this to be another case of using sexism as was used on Sarah Palin.

Somebody tell Savoir that I put this link on his thread. He has me on ignore.

NOW joins chorus criticizing Newsweek's Bachmann cover as candidate brushes it off - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 08-09-2011, 02:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times
Talking Bachman on Newsweek cover, very scary looking

Bachman is actually MUCH more amusing than Palin ever was.

Palin was pitiful because she was so far over her head on any subject. But that never stopped her from making silly statements that we could all smile about.

With Bachman, we're seeing a true believer. She doesn't just say things to appeal to an audience. She genuinely believes the crazy things she says. She really thinks god told her to be president so she could slay the infidels.

crusader

Old 08-09-2011, 03:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,098,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Bachman is actually MUCH more amusing than Palin ever was.

Palin was pitiful because she was so far over her head on any subject. But that never stopped her from making silly statements that we could all smile about.

With Bachman, we're seeing a true believer. She doesn't just say things to appeal to an audience. She genuinely believes the crazy things she says. She really thinks god told her to be president so she could slay the infidels.

crusader

Was it god or her husband? They're pretty much the same thing to Bachmann, the SEXIST twit.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM

18,138 posts, read 15,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
Huh? First of all, earlier I mentioned that I'm not going to stoop to the level of making fun of someone's looks which in my opinion has NADA to do w/their political views. Secondly, you said it must drive liberals crazy that there are no women who look like Palin or Bachmann, hence why liberals are making fun of Bachmann or Palin's looks. I assume it must drive conservatives nuts for the very same reason as they get a dig in about Obama or Pelosi every chance they get. Do you see now? Conservatives do it to liberals just as much if that's what you want to hear & I don't agree w/it. So please do not even attempt to say it's all about the liberals poking fun at conservatives looks.
I did.not say "liberals".....I said Democrats. Unless you think that that is a redundancy. Further ...my brand of humor might not appeal to you...oh well. And you were the one pointing fingers at "conservatives" as being hung up on looks and digging at nasty zNancy and Mrs.O at every turn....and moving right along, whether someones looks matter az to their political and leadership skills concerns me not. That was your bit. Fact is attractive AND capable conservative women drive Democratic liberals like Pelosi and Hillary bat****.
Which I find amusing. You need not agree with my take on things.....ain't asking you to.
And.no....I don't see your point....cus there ain't one boils any beans on my fire. Cheerio.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies