Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,667,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Obama plan: Destroy Romney - Ben Smith and Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

I guess when you have no record to run on, you have to resort to this kind of cr*p.

It's interesting that Ron Paul stuff ends up MOVED in the elections selection yet Romney and Obama always remains here along with Rick Perry why is that.

Is it not election related and even stuff not election related about Ron Paul still gets move to the elections section what is the "rule" to move something by the administrator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,641,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I guess you have no problem with the Republican Party creating an climate of economic uncertainty and jeopardizing the full faith and credit of the United States purely to persue the stated goal of the Party to make Barack Obama a one term president?
Actually, I see it more as the President and the left wingers creating a climate of economic upheaval and jeopardizing the full faith and credit of the US purely to create a slave/welfare/nanny state in order to keep more government run ponzi schemes and control over the masses.

Like I said, when you have no record to run on and you certainly cannot offer hope & change to anyone except as a slogan, you try to destroy your opposition. Desperation!!

Old 08-09-2011, 11:29 AM

20,408 posts, read 12,314,159 times
for a president who's only asset is his personal popularity, using personal attacks is a dangerous game.

Nobody likes the way negative campainging looks or feels, but when the attacker has some qualities that people like, they can get away with it.

when personal popularity is your only source of political strength, you can lose that really quick. then what is left?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,167,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
for a president who's only asset is his personal popularity, using personal attacks is a dangerous game.

Nobody likes the way negative campainging looks or feels, but when the attacker has some qualities that people like, they can get away with it.

when personal popularity is your only source of political strength, you can lose that really quick. then what is left?
People then realize that the emperor has no clothes.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:33 AM

88,684 posts, read 44,444,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
People then realize that the emperor has no clothes.
Many of us already know that.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:48 AM

78 posts, read 102,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I hope they spend an inordinate amount of time planning on how to take down Romney. Then, when a real conservative gets nominated and Skippy has to run on his record they won't know what to do.
Just an observation:
Your refusal to use people's actual names (Skippy? WTF are you even trying to say with that?) is phenomenally childish and weakens any good points you may have.

Carry on.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 AM

20,408 posts, read 12,314,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
aint that the truth.

dude at less than 150 actual days of real experience as a senator and nothing else on his resume that even comes close to qualifying.

Not to mention being committed to policy that has proven to be failure in the past.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:55 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,167,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I did a long time ago--even before the election.

Maybe I should have said, "Then, hopefully, the rest of the people will realize the emperor has no clothes."

Old 08-09-2011, 03:51 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I would love to see Ron Paul as president. Maybe he could bring some common sense back to DC.
Agreed it's about successful policies. Romney has little to offer. Ron Pauls policies work brilliantly.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:59 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,195,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I hope they spend an inordinate amount of time planning on how to take down Romney. Then, when a real conservative gets nominated and Skippy has to run on his record they won't know what to do.
They do not have to spend much time . We know the liberals will attack for the sake of attack. They understand if you scream lies loud enough and long enough people will buy the lies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies