Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:50 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
News flash, they don't give a xxxx.
News Flash, they will start to care after one of them loses a face from a shotgun blast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 02:53 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
This is one of those times where I have to disagree with the ACLU.

I don't see how this isn't organized crime/RICO, where the whole thing is planned out in advance via social media.

I'm not a RICO expert by any stretch but since you cannot practically arrest everyone, use that same social media to ID the organizers and arrest them for criminal conspiracy.

Rinse and repeat. These fools leave a digital paper trail, so it shouldn't be that hard...

Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Wow OP, are you pissy at the Philly mayor because he said what needed to be said to a bunch of young hooligans? He should say it more and louder to all youngsters running about instigating troupble and without immediate parental supervision. I say BRAVO to him!

The mayor is the top Law Enforcement official of a city. I think I'll e-mail this to my new mayor's office and maybe he'll take a clue and do similarly as teen flash mobs are a problem here too.
where is that lifelongMOgal? St. Louis? KC?

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-09-2011, 02:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

I don't see how this isn't organized crime/RICO, where the whole thing is planned out in advance via social media.

I'm not a RICO expert by any stretch but since you cannot practically arrest everyone, use that same social media to ID the organizers and arrest them for criminal conspiracy.

Rinse and repeat. These fools leave a digital paper trail, so it shouldn't be that hard...
The UK is having a hard time tracing IM initiated from Blackberries and asked them to shut down their IM.

UK Riots Live Blog | Al Jazeera Blogs
Reuters reports: An MP called on Tuesday BlackBerry's instant messaging service to be suspended after rioters used it to mobilise in London and other
British cities.

David Lammy, Member of Parliament for Tottenham, where London's worst riots for decades began on Saturday, appealed on Twitter and on BBC radio for
BlackBerry maker Research in Motion to suspend BlackBerry Messenger (BBM).

"This is one of the reasons why unsophisticated criminals are outfoxing an otherwise sophisticated police force," he tweeted.

"BBM is different as it is encrypted and police can't access it."

Old 08-09-2011, 03:03 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How do you damage your race? One person speaks for all?
How do you tell people how to dress? Is it a violation of the 1st amendment?
I'm guessing he meant something more like "You're damaging the reputation of young black men in Philadelphia."

Old 08-09-2011, 03:40 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Doesn't look like one person in those attacks. Looks like a large group of people to me.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:16 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Philadelphia mayor talks tough to black teenagers after 'flash mobs' - Washington Times

Quote:
Nobody passed a law saying that you couldn't wear hoodies or have your pants dragging the ground. what the Gentleman " Mayor " was trying to do wAS REACH OUT and touch the conscience of the youths of his own race.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:22 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

You have to have an organization for a RICO. There is no organization. It's a bunch of 15 or 17 year old dudes who broadcast this to a bunch of people they don't really know and all are part of independent gangs.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:35 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Only the most ignorant of people, or the most racially-insensitive people in this country, believe that this segment of blacks causing these problems is indicative of the ENTIRE BLACK RACE.

These black teenagers causing these problems are the same as any ignorant group of people who are a part of every race. What an idiotic statement by the Mayor to take this position.

Better to address the CAUSE of this behavior.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:38 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Nutter spoke the truth and had the courage to say in no uncertain terms what the problem was and what should be done to correct it. The guy should be applauded and anybody offended by what he said is, well, an idiot.
They need to take it up a notch and have plenty of black cops around to arrest and deal with these kids when they catch them.
If any of these pea brains had an ounce of self respect or ingenuity, they and others could organize flash mobs to clean up trash and litter and do something constructive. Instead we have losers organizing mobs to loot and assault people or to just freeze in place or worse, sing and dance. Having a hundred kids appear from nowhere suddenly picking up litter and sweeping would get them noticed and applauded. But no, they can't think that deeply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies