Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,563,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Trust me he will not be relected in Philly. But he is right about the Flash Mob kids!
Yes he will. Who's going to challenge him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 07:13 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,706,953 times
first off, f this dude.
a black male or female could try and try and try but look at the damn facts. look at the percentages that were just in the news not too long ago.

the disparities are very serious. instead of lecturing he should be focusing on how to bring jobs to philly and executing whatever plan(s) that he and his staff come up with.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:15 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,706,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Better to address the CAUSE of this behavior.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
quoted multiple times for emphasis.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,706,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
first off, f this dude.
a black male or female could try and try and try but look at the damn facts. look at the percentages that were just in the news not too long ago.

the disparities are very serious. instead of lecturing he should be focusing on how to bring jobs to philly and executing whatever plan(s) that he and his staff come up with.
I don't disagree with you, but personal responsibility and self-respect still comes into play too.

Just because you feel disadvantaged doesn't mean you have the right to do things that harm yourself and those around you.

I wonder how many of these kids have tried drafting a professional resume & cover letter, putting on a nice business suit/dress, and even tried looking for a job...

Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,161,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How do you damage your race? One person speaks for all?
How do you tell people how to dress? Is it a violation of the 1st amendment?
I hope not. This is one time I actually agreed with mr obama.

source
Quote:
Obama: 'Brothers Should Pull Up Their Pants'
Share November 03, 2008 12:04 PM

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports: In an interview with MTV, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., called local laws against sagging pants a "waste of time."

But while he does not favor legal prohibitions on low-riders, he said "brothers should pull up their pants."

"Here is my attitude," said Obama. "I think people passing a law against people wearing sagging pants is a waste of time. We should be focused on creating jobs, improving our schools, health care, dealing with the war in Iraq, and anybody, any public official, that is worrying about sagging pants probably needs to spend some time focusing on real problems out there."

"Having said that," he added, "brothers should pull up their pants. You are walking by your mother, your grandmother, your underwear is showing. What's wrong with that? Come on. There are some issues that we face, that you don't have to pass a law, but that doesn't mean folks can't have some sense and some respect for other people and, you know, some people might not want to see your underwear -- I'm one of them."........

Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,784,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How do you damage your race?
Come to L.A.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:46 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,849,054 times
Quote:
first off, f this dude.

And you think people walking around with their asses showing is a component of this? Professionalism goes a long way. We can have -10% unemployment, and I still wouldn't hire a guy who's ass is exposed every time he turns around.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:12 PM

487 posts, read 381,419 times
Quote:
Only the most ignorant of people, or the most racially-insensitive people in this country, believe that this segment of blacks causing these problems is indicative of the ENTIRE BLACK RACE.

These black teenagers causing these problems are the same as any ignorant group of people who are a part of every race. What an idiotic statement by the Mayor to take this position.

Uh, Mayor Nutter is in fact an African American himself. So, you are saying he is racist against his own race?

Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,617,588 times
Quote:
first off, f this dude.

I believe that I recall quite a number of employed blacks in Philly, and in numbers equal to whites. In fact, i am not so sure that whites shouldn't be the ones demanding parity there[/i]

Old 08-10-2011, 12:00 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,877,225 times
Good for the Mayor for telling it like it is and good for Obama for telling the brothers to pull up their pants out of respect for the women in their life. We need more strong black men and women reining in these loser kids, since obviously their parents aren't doing their jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies