Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 05:21 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
nobody on this Forum has told me how Obama is to blame for all your problems...I have heard alot of rhetoric and anti Obama bumper sticker ramblings, but only one guy gave stats, and those stats supported obamas efforts. Come on now...where is the math, were is the proof. The best some of you have is that...he is overwhelmed with the crap he was left, and cant fix it. How are you quantifying that? Wouldnt it be nice if he DID succeed..I know that alot of you WANT another recession, just so he will fail. How stupid is that. I wanted BUSH to succeed, it would have broght me more customers a few years back. Id be a fool to have rooted against him. Your fools to root against your commander and chief.

-Steve
20 years US Navy Vet aboard USS Ranger, Uss Sara, USS Independence, and and true American, currently hard workin stiff.
I don't BLAME anyone, what I can do is see the numbers.

1. Obama has increased our nation's debt at a higher percentage each year he's been president, than any other president before him.

2. More people lost their jobs while he was president than most other presidents combined!

Bush inherited a recession, 9/11, and dealt with the problem successfully.

The recessions started back up, when the democratic congress elected during bush's presidency, increased the national minimum wage and refused to deal the the looming subprime mortgage crisis/fannie and freddie.

Obama took over and what was a slow slide became a rapid descent, and everything he did, has been shown previously not to work for ANY country who has tried to spend their way out of recession, and is known to make it worse, but he did so anyway.

No blame, just cold fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 05:21 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stright View Post
Obama still America's Idiot

FiFy

Old 08-10-2011, 05:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
So does most of America.

The last poll I saw showed that almost 50% of the country still blames the Bush administration for the economy. About 30% blame congress, the rest was split between the president and wall street.

Americans aren't stupid, they know who brought us to the ball. President Obama hasn't helped us leave though.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:50 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I don't BLAME anyone, what I can do is see the numbers.

1. Obama has increased our nation's debt at a higher percentage each year he's been president, than any other president before him.

2. More people lost their jobs while he was president than most other presidents combined!

Bush inherited a recession, 9/11, and dealt with the problem successfully.

The recessions started back up, when the democratic congress elected during bush's presidency, increased the national minimum wage and refused to deal the the looming subprime mortgage crisis/fannie and freddie.

Obama took over and what was a slow slide became a rapid descent, and everything he did, has been shown previously not to work for ANY country who has tried to spend their way out of recession, and is known to make it worse, but he did so anyway.

No blame, just cold fact.
1. How would you have tackled a tackled a national financial banking desaster created before he took office?

2. Bush inherited a surplus, recession not declaired until much later after years of decline. 911, hmmm well Obamas Seal team killed Osama (or Usama for you fox watching cons) after a little over two years. Iraq DID NOT have weapons of mass destruction. Billions every month for a war that achieved nothing for our country (before you attack me, I know we did good things for IRAQ, but it drained OUR country of financial resources) Ill concede that the stock market crashed, and has never bounced back completely. Although during Obamas 2.5 years, it has been a bull market except for a few glitches here and there.

3. Obama had NOTHING to do with the sub-prime mortgage crisis, what was obama doing during 2004 and 2005 when america just went nuts...was he even in congress...Don't know, but will check...I do know he became a senator in 2006. Clinton, Bush get the credit, as presidents for sub prime crises. If you want to blame what ever congress was in charge, then what ever since both Dems and Republicans have both been in charge during the financial disasters.

As far as your last point...this is a wait and see, the problem 2.5 years ago appears much worse than we all were told, so repost your claim in 2016 when he leaves office.

Please someone show me REAL numbers...and not from Fox News.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:55 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So does most of America.

The last poll I saw showed that almost 50% of the country still blames the Bush administration for the economy. About 30% blame congress, the rest was split between the president and wall street.

Americans aren't stupid, they know who brought us to the ball. President Obama hasn't helped us leave though.
well, as far as the intelligence of America, I disagree, 30 percent polled do not know who our Vice pres is, and now, thanks to Palin, many Americans believe that Paul Revere was working for the Brits
Those school program cuts are starting to catch up to us.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:08 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
well, as far as the intelligence of America, I disagree, 30 percent polled do not know who our Vice pres is, and now, thanks to Palin, many Americans believe that Paul Revere was working for the Brits
Those school program cuts are starting to catch up to us.
So,

Do you like the constitution? It was ratified by Americans, the same people that are here today that were here then.

I'd wager a bet that the average American today is far more intelligent and aware of issues then people were in 1790.

The American people aren't stupid, and they know who got us to where we are at. Doesn't remove blame from the current President and congress for working to fix things, but the Bush era policies started all of this, and the general public knows it.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:24 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Cool Speaking of reality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Bush started it. Obama made it 10 times worse. Face that reality!

Please refer to post #65. Your misinformation is blinding you to the facts.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Obama will be forever known as "that guy" who ruined America's AAA credit rating.

Let's see how well and how long that sticks.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:29 AM

88 posts, read 132,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
but the Bush era policies started all of this, and the general public knows it.
And that'd be wrong, technically.

Clinton-era policies (with the GOP congress, yes) are what lead us to the Economic calamity we're in now.

The war(s) haven't helped, but people tend to forget how supportive of each war this country was, after 9/11. People wanted to nuke Afghanistan and Iraq completely off the map. Both wars had near-unanimous support at the beginning. It wasn't until later when people had seen the ugly cost of war, that the buyers remorse settled in.

And while the constant military operation hasn't helped economically in this country, people lay way too much of our economic troubles at the feet of these wars. They've not been nearly as catastrophic to our economy as the Ponzi-esque "Housing Bubble".

Old 08-10-2011, 06:48 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Default Absolutely wrong.

Quote:
1. How would you have tackled a tackled a national financial banking desaster created before he took office?

2. Bush inherited a surplus, recession not declaired until much later after years of decline. 911, hmmm well Obamas Seal team killed Osama (or Usama for you fox watching cons) after a little over two years. Iraq DID NOT have weapons of mass destruction. Billions every month for a war that achieved nothing for our country (before you attack me, I know we did good things for IRAQ, but it drained OUR country of financial resources) Ill concede that the stock market crashed, and has never bounced back completely. Although during Obamas 2.5 years, it has been a bull market except for a few glitches here and there.

3. Obama had NOTHING to do with the sub-prime mortgage crisis, what was obama doing during 2004 and 2005 when america just went nuts...was he even in congress...Don't know, but will check...I do know he became a senator in 2006. Clinton, Bush get the credit, as presidents for sub prime crises. If you want to blame what ever congress was in charge, then what ever since both Dems and Republicans have both been in charge during the financial disasters.

As far as your last point...this is a wait and see, the problem 2.5 years ago appears much worse than we all were told, so repost your claim in 2016 when he leaves office.

Please someone show me REAL numbers...and not from Fox News.
1. You tackle it by doing something positive about it, and not letting it become a further calamity.

2. Bush inherited not only a recession,

Early 2000′s Recession | RECESSION.ORG

BUT a deficit. It's sad to think that people cannot perform simple math. See chart below, who me at what point there was a surplus, showing a DECREASE in the deficit?

Quote:

Fiscal
YearYear
EndingNational Debt FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion
As for Obama and Osama, I rooted for that every step up the way, and still support that action, and congratulate him.

Weapons of mass destruction not found, and you think that's Bush's fault?

Congress voted to allow military action, based on the same intelligence reports that Bush relied on to take action. If CONGRESS has not approved it, Bush could not legally take our troops into IRAQ. (Libya anyone?).

3. The Mortgage/Subprime lending was attempted to be dealt with During Bush's presidency, but I will defer to Barney Frank for that debacle.

Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle - Sam Dealey (usnews.com)
Quote:
So five years ago, there was one of those rare moments in Washington when the branches and personalities of government—in this case, the Bush administration—are less interested in protecting or expanding their turf than in fixing a looming catastrophe. What was Frank's response to the proposal?
"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."

Barney Frank Admits Using Clout for Fannie Mae Job

Barney Frank Used Influence with Fannie Mae, the Failed Mortgage Giant Bailed Out by Taxpayers

There are your numbers and a few facts for you to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies