Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 03:18 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, actually, you didn't refute that silly idea.

The Nobel Prize committees carry a considerable level of credibility. The fact that they are fallible does not negate all of their credibility. I can't think of a single credible source that is infallible, can you?
And Gore's prize was not a science prize. The Peace Prize was not for establishing a cause of global warming. It was for drawing attention to global warming as an issue worth studying. So I do not feel that it means the Nobel committee that decided to award the prize is fallible. I do think --- and it is irrelevant here --- that there were probably more deserving recipients of that particular prize.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
And Gore's prize was not a science prize. The Peace Prize was not for establishing a cause of global warming. It was for drawing attention to global warming as an issue worth studying. So I do not feel that it means the Nobel committee that decided to award the prize is fallible. I do think --- and it is irrelevant here --- that there were probably more deserving recipients of that particular prize.
Then to a degree you consider the committee fallible. When prestigious prizes are awarded, especially those with financial awards, we hope and expect that the committee will award them to the most deserving recipient. If you think they did otherwise, then you think they failed to a degree, even if it was to a small degree.

And, I'm aware that this was not a science prize. I certainly didn't say it was.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:23 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
"See my previous post. The Nobel Committee does not agree with you."

Suzy, I'm not in-awe of that label, "Nobel." It doesn't intimdate me, nor can it negate the truly vast amount of experts on the subject that do not agree with you/your choice of experts.

Wow, CNN?! posted an article about 5 things that should be known, about Gardasil?! Here's a page about the amazingly honest, shocker..

The five things you really need to know about HPV vaccines

Old 11-16-2011, 04:34 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
"See my previous post. The Nobel Committee does not agree with you."

Suzy, I'm not in-awe of that label, "Nobel." It doesn't intimdate me, nor can it negate the truly vast amount of experts on the subject that do not agree with you/your choice of experts.

Wow, CNN?! posted an article about 5 things that should be known, about Gardasil?! Here's a page about the amazingly honest, shocker..

The five things you really need to know about HPV vaccines
Not CNN. Just the same old tired, debunked, anti-vaccine stuff.

It's "Natural News.com" and loaded with ads for everything from "12 secrets to virility" to colloidal silver. Wow. They would love to have me register and give them my email address. I think I'll pass.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:38 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Merck openly admits that they don't know if gardacil will actually prevent cancer at all, ...After all...the typical incubation period for cervical cancer is 10-15 years....it's women over 30 who are most at risk and it's extremely rare in under 20 year olds...why are we vaccinating young children?...Even if you get vaccinated , pap smears are still recommended, and they identify 95-100% of cervical cancers....In the studies offered to the FDA in Mercks application for approval...data indicated that gardacil may actually INCREASE your daughters risk of developing cervical cancer if she already has one of the relevant strains of HPV at the time of vaccination...Gardacil offers NO protection for a large number of strains of hpv that have been linked to cancer.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:43 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
yes, if you die immediately after getting a vaccination, 99% of the time, it MEANS you already had something wrong with you or had a pre-existing condition.

you show your ignorance on what Vaccination is about when you stay dumb things like that.
I could say the same about you, but your words say it all!!

Old 11-28-2011, 11:14 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I could say the same about you, but your words say it all!!

yes it shows that you dont know what you are talking about.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Purehuman, don't doubt yourself. That shot is potentially, very harmful and dangerous. It's been shown for the very limited coverage, if any that it has. It is given to girls at way, too young of an age even if it did really cover a wide range of the HPV strains, but as you suggested, it does not do so.

Nature gave us a fantastic immune system and we are wise to not sacrifice ourselves to Big Pharma. the majority of folks are awake to this one. Rick Perry got in big trouble in Texas for trying to force this crap on his constitutents and rightly so. They showed him!~

Old 11-28-2011, 11:23 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As I'm reading this, the deaths were the result of drug trials (plural), which would mean drugs beyond just the anti-HPV vaccine.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:32 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Purehuman, don't doubt yourself.

and the anti-vax kook chimes in. Why did you abandon the other thread where you were getting thoroughly spanked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies