Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 04:57 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,662,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No they grew up from the Fad, I think thats all it is to a lot of teens.
Pahahahahahahahahahaha...... no... no I'm not done. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

A fad, really? HA! Do you even understand teenagers? Hahahaha! How many of us do you actually spend time with. Oy!

Ah... thanks for the laugh though. Post back when you've spent a few years as one of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,259,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's your opinion. But millions of gay people will tell you that their environment, the same environment that they shared with non-gay siblings, didn't "turn them gay". Their sexual preference was innate to begin with.
Just because two siblings grow up in the same household, doesn't mean they have the same experiences within that family. One may be the dad's"favorite," one the mom's "favorite,"one the "black sheep," one the scape goat, etc. No two kids within a family experience the "same" family growing up. That being said, I do believe there are a small percentage of gays that were just wired differently or "born that way." Most, I still believe are a result of psychological factors at a very early age. Doesn't mean its an easy thing to change, by any means. Freud felt it was near impossible. Some therapists report 30% success rate. I do think if a person wants to try and change they should be allowed to do so without all the ridicule we see these days from those gay activists who do not wish to do so.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:22 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,305,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Pahahahahahahahahahaha...... no... no I'm not done. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

A fad, really? HA! Do you even understand teenagers? Hahahaha! How many of us do you actually spend time with. Oy!

Ah... thanks for the laugh though. Post back when you've spent a few years as one of us.
Now that is what I was looking for...Thanks

Old 08-11-2011, 05:24 PM

988 posts, read 1,199,775 times
Hadn't really thought about this issue, but I guess I can get on board with the idea that homosexuality is a genetic defect of some kind. Somewhat akin to cleft palate and port wine stain.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:30 PM

2,233 posts, read 5,470,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
WNBA Sheryl Swoopes Engaged To A Man

Some People try to argue me down that people are "born" gay. That it's not a choice. I guess they are wrong.
Everybody knows people are born gay, straight or whatever. You can not change your sexuality, and nobody else can.
And people have been denied that they are gay before and got caught by the media. Several Republican politicians.
You people need to get over it already and move on.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:44 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,662,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Now that is what I was looking for...Thanks
Seriously, though, what could possibly make you think its a fad?

Old 08-11-2011, 05:47 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,066,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
As much as I agree with you, can we just drop the gay threads for a while?

--especially the born gay fallacy ones!

Old 08-11-2011, 05:52 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,066,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I think environmental experiences have way more to do with this. For example, little girls often grow up to desire someone who resembles their father. People develop fetishes due to some very early childhood experiences, same with people into S&M. Most of sex takes place in the brain and relates to early childhood experiences.

----ah some one that's getting it and not following the politically correct genetic fallacy

Old 08-11-2011, 05:59 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,058,119 times
Everybody knows homosexuality is a mental illness and a choice. God certainly didn't make anyone gay - what an absurd notion.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:31 PM

988 posts, read 1,199,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Monoamine oxidase (MAO) is a critical enzyme in the degradative deamination of biogenic amines throughout the body. Two biochemically distinct forms of the enzyme, A and B, are encoded in separate genes on the human X chromosome. The genes that they are encoded into are commonly referred to as the MAO-A and MAO-B genes

Statistically significant associations were observed between the alleles for MAOA and levels of MAO activity in human male fibroblast lines. This association indicates that the MAOA gene itself is a major determinant of activity levels, apparently, in part, through noncoding, regulatory elements.

So a bit of a and a bit of b
No what you just pasted indicated that the MAO-A enzyme is indeed encoded by the MAO-A gene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies