Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Demint Rubio and Paul
I am rooting for the same three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 09:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Ok I need clarification on something.. The debt commission is the commission Obama put together last year to come up with a plan to cut the deficit and help balance the books.. The plan was completely ignored by the very people who put together the commission.

Now this "super Congress", are they a "debt commission" as well?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok I need clarification on something.. The debt commission is the commission Obama put together last year to come up with a plan to cut the deficit and help balance the books.. The plan was completely ignored by the very people who put together the commission.

Now this "super Congress", are they a "debt commission" as well?
Kinda sorta. They have more authority. But basically yes.
So we're going to try again what we already found out doesn't work.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
On Congress: Congressional news and analysis - POLITICO.com
Quote:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is calling on all sessions of the yet-to-be-named deficit super committee to be open to the public and aired online.

A key feature of the debt ceiling agreement signed into law by President Barack Obama this week creates a committee of 12 members, divided equally between both parties and chambers, tasked with finding at least $1.2 trillion more in deficit cuts by Thanksgiving.

The law doesn’t require the meetings to be public.[Emphasis mine]
I'm laughing at the superior intellect.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
The Dems "pack" the group with some of the most virulent, big spending far lefties in congress. Time for Republicans to load their side with Tea Party members. The rest of the R party are sellouts anyway. Murry isn't just "far left", she's a mental midget. I suppose it could be worse, Frank and Schumer aren't on it.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Kinda sorta. They have more authority. But basically yes.
So we're going to try again what we already found out doesn't work.
Can this "super committee" suggest increased spending as well? I thought there was nothing limiting this from taking place, which if true, wouldnt make them a deficit commission at all.

For example, they will of course suggest we increase taxes, but increasing taxes often times results in an increase in deficits, not a decrease.

Sure sounds like Democrats didnt like the reality suggestions from the last debt commission, so they are going to go about creating a new commission to give them predetermined results from the commission, that they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies