Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,429,204 times

Advertisements

You get it from a horses mouth like Warren Buffet "stop coddling the wealthy" as thread on this forum and you still question the ethic because it has that dreaded TAX word involved.

You folks who are moderately well off and can afford a new car every couple of years think you're the leaders of the parade and look down your noses at anyone who suggest revising tax codes so as to impose some fairness with that 51% who aren't paying anything being finally touched, are fooling yoursleves.

You ain't a leader of the parade bub, you ain't even on one of the floats. You're marching in the rear ranks with everyone else regardless of your superiority complex!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 08:40 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,159,318 times
"Poll: 70% Say U.S. Heading In Wrong Direction"

This can't be, America has no direction.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"Poll: 70% Say U.S. Heading In Wrong Direction"

This can't be, America has no direction.

Sure it is we are heading towards ONE WORLD ORDER!

Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
And yet only 63% of US citizens voted in the last presidential election and only 24% voted in the 2010 midterm elections.

As citizens, we are getting exactly what we deserve.
There is some truth to that. On the other hand, many times the choices are meaningless.

Both Dems and Reps have become big spending, big government, war mongers. I wouldn't vote for Obama if he were running against Donald Duck. But I also don't see a Rep that I would vote for other than Ron Paul who is really not a Rep.

So if the choice is between Obama and Bachman, I'll probably just stay home... or vote for the Libertarian candidate who will have no chance to win.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:32 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
We are on the same track and ground as our forefathers were in the mid-1770's!

» Pollster: Americans Are “Pre-Revolutionary” Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I don't read it that way. I think he's saying the level of unrest is similar to the 1770s.

Our "track and ground" are totally different from the 1770s.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM

Will we have enough fried chicken and freedom fries to get us through the next decade?

Old 08-15-2011, 12:57 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,089,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You get it from a horses mouth like Warren Buffet "stop coddling the wealthy" as thread on this forum and you still question the ethic because it has that dreaded TAX word involved.

You folks who are moderately well off and can afford a new car every couple of years think you're the leaders of the parade and look down your noses at anyone who suggest revising tax codes so as to impose some fairness with that 51% who aren't paying anything being finally touched, are fooling yoursleves.

You ain't a leader of the parade bub, you ain't even on one of the floats. You're marching in the rear ranks with everyone else regardless of your superiority complex!
Not sure exactly what your saying, but many of us being labeled rich - when are obvioulosy not, are tired of carrying the load for those not paying a burden of the Govt spending madness..the approximately 50% of the non tax payers. I don't think I am the leader of the parade, but certainly will not relegate my fate to people who are not paying income taxes, who think they have a right to vote away my income...for their benefit. the problem with these polls on taxes, why are they not limited to people who are going to be stukkc with the bill..not others who gain the most by paying the least.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 PM

The main requirement to determine a direction is clear vision. America has its head up its red, white, and blue rectum.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:26 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,429,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Not sure exactly what your saying, but many of us being labeled rich - when are obvioulosy not, are tired of carrying the load for those not paying a burden of the Govt spending madness..the approximately 50% of the non tax payers. I don't think I am the leader of the parade, but certainly will not relegate my fate to people who are not paying income taxes, who think they have a right to vote away my income...for their benefit. the problem with these polls on taxes, why are they not limited to people who are going to be stukkc with the bill..not others who gain the most by paying the least.
Those 51% who are not paying anything are who I'm referring to when they jump on and shout: taxation will stifle development as that has been shown as outright bullcrap.

Close the loopholes and institute a fair tax system that does not allow sheltering of income in blind trusts or the like. While we're on the topic; remove that phony evaluation scheme that allows you to attach a completely inflated value to an item such as a "Elvis painting on velvet" donated to your church and get a tax exempt receipt for a "charitable donation of $500. for a $10.95 piece of junk. Work your way up from there. A tax deduction for your home mortgage is absolutely asinine, you want a home, pay the full freight! Is your car payment tax deductable?

Now is the time, while the reason for it has never been more imperative, to address your Tax rules across the board.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:42 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,089,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Those 51% who are not paying anything are who I'm referring to when they jump on and shout: taxation will stifle development as that has been shown as outright bullcrap.

Close the loopholes and institute a fair tax system that does not allow sheltering of income in blind trusts or the like. While we're on the topic; remove that phony evaluation scheme that allows you to attach a completely inflated value to an item such as a "Elvis painting on velvet" donated to your church and get a tax exempt receipt for a "charitable donation of $500. for a $10.95 piece of junk. Work your way up from there. A tax deduction for your home mortgage is absolutely asinine, you want a home, pay the full freight! Is your car payment tax deductable?

Now is the time, while the reason for it has never been more imperative, to address your Tax rules across the board.
I have got no problem with changing the tax code, especially if it means those 51% pay a little and get some skin in the game. However, I would prefer a smaller govt so more people get to get to keep more of what they earn.....think partly the incentives are there to encourage folks to spend their money....so Ithey will be more inclined to buy a home if they get a writeoff...for myself, I am sitting on money watching the mkt waiting to see what the house mkt does before I buy a home...if the tax incentive for buy ing a home were taken away..and property taxes were high in my area, I might just decide to rent instead. If a majority did that I know that many communities wolud run out of money quick....so this is not a simple situation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies