Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:26 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I think it is. People doing this demonstrate a close minded point of view and an unwillingness to listen to anything the potential POTUS has to say.
As long as he or she promises 15,000 chickens in every pot...no problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 09:36 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I think it is. People doing this demonstrate a close minded point of view and an unwillingness to listen to anything the potential POTUS has to say.
Yes, I remember people going on and on about Obama being muslim. It did not help that in the end they were wrong about it.

I will vote for Christian candidates only, no muslims, mormons or other cultists

Old 08-11-2011, 09:37 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
So Democrats should not be able to go after Perry's wacky religious views, but reverend Wright is fair game?
Did Rev. Wright run for POTUS? Dang, I missed that.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:05 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
It's reasonable on a few levels.

1. Suppose your pastor is a racist and you've sat in his church for 20 years. Of course, the media gave Skippy a pass on that one, though.

2. Suppose your religion is a violent religion (islam). I can see how that would be somewhat concerning.

3. Suppose you were an atheist. If you're dumb enough to believe there is no God, I question if you've got the brains to run this country.
Nah, you're not biased. You call the President of the United States "Skippy" and think it's all right. You call Islam a violent religion, but neglect to mention that Christianity is as well. And while I do not agree with atheists, they have a right to believe what they believe AND to run for office. For all you know, there may be some Atheist American somewhere who would be a great President.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 AM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I remember people going on and on about Obama being muslim. It did not help that in the end they were wrong about it.

I will vote for Christian candidates only, no muslims, mormons or other cultists
So...your cult or no cult, is that right?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:13 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Is this about Romney belonging to a cult that allows men to marry many women?

I'm more concerned about party affiliation than religious affiliation.
Romney is regular Mormon, not the crazy Mormon sect. The Mormon church gave up polygamy a long time ago.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Mormons are more Christian than any other Christian religion.

They were the first to recognize that Jesus Christ traversed Utah.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:17 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Romney is regular Mormon, not the crazy Mormon sect. The Mormon church gave up polygamy a long time ago.
They went against God's order to multiply.

Now, they just add and subtract like all the other Christian religions.

They just ain't got no integrity.

Why vote for one?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah, you're not biased. You call the President of the United States "Skippy" and think it's all right. You call Islam a violent religion, but neglect to mention that Christianity is as well. And while I do not agree with atheists, they have a right to believe what they believe AND to run for office. For all you know, there may be some Atheist American somewhere who would be a great President.
What's wrong with Skippy?

I like Skippy and it's a lot nicer than many things I think of when considering this war-mongering, economy crashing, executive order dictating, arrogant, condescending loser, uh-hum, er, I mean when I think of Skippy.

Uhm, excuse me? Are you suggesting Islam isn't violent?

As for Christianity, I have some real problems with Spain and the Inquisition but as for how modern Christianity is practiced? Please cite me the violence.

whoops, I forgot to add, sure an Atheist has a right to run for office, just as I have a right to or not to vote for him or her.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Does this apply to both D's and R's running for president, or just R's?
Just thinking back to some of the comments regarding our current president being a Muslim and so forth. Did that 'demonstrate a close-minded point of view?'

Personally, I think it is important to know how a candidate's religion will factor into his/her decision-making process.
And of course, this isn't new by any stretch. President Kennedy had to assure everyone he wouldn't take orders from the pope during his candidacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies