U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 12:43 AM

3,297 posts, read 5,626,970 times

Advertisements

The U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans became the first court to rule that a contract crafted to help employers trumps the law designed to protect the rights of veterans.

-- Time Magazine

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Enemy at Home

A federal court ruling callously limits the rights of veterans to sue to get their old jobs back

REYNOLDS HOLDING

June 25 2007

Of all the troubles that U.S. troops may face when they come home, getting their old jobs back should not be one. Uncle Sam supposedly took care of that with a law saying civilians turned soldiers cannot be fired for serving their country—or denied the right to sue in federal court.

Which is why returning veterans should hear the story of Michael Garrett.

Please read the rest of the story at: The Enemy at Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 12:57 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,120,112 times
Circuit City just lost my business. It looks like we need a website exposing companies that do not do right by our soldiers.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:52 AM

328 posts, read 947,835 times
Default An outrage...An Insult..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Circuit City just lost my business. It looks like we need a website exposing companies that do not do right by our soldiers.
Bye Bye Circuit City.................Bye Bye any other "Company" that adheres to such crap........... As I have said for most of my life( I can say this because I am a veteran who was spat upon....I forgive but will never forget !!! and who was not rehired by the Company I worked for prior to my service) All of you who would not rehire a vet who served his country should be sent immediately to Afganistan or Iraq or better still to South Philly.
There you will possibly understand (if you survive) what sacrifice means.
Vermin they are.
Spiritwalker

Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 PM

3,297 posts, read 5,626,970 times
Default Circuit City just lost my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I agree with you. These companies should be exposed for what they are. There should be a website.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 PM

13 posts, read 24,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I agree with you. These companies should be exposed for what they are. There should be a website.
Yes! I totally agree that these companies, Circuit City included, need to be boycotted in large numbers for what they are doing to our veterans. At least when I returned from Vietnam, I got my job back. Look how much corporate America has changed in 40 years. It's time to start taking it to the streets. They want us to bail them out by wreckless spending and can't even help a veteran. A protest of this type would NOT be overlooked!!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:35 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,316,376 times
So now we see what America is all about. We have a constitution, which the courts are bound to uphold in their decisions. In this case, the court ruled in favor of a litigant which had exercised its constitutional rights. But, you see, nobody really has any rights at all----because people can privately punish a company that exercises its constititional right. The government can't, but the people can. So what is the value of the constitution?

Old 01-04-2009, 05:24 AM

820 posts, read 1,083,014 times
Boycott the low-lifes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or