Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 07:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What I noticed on this morning's coverage of last night's debate is all the news channels, both liberal and conservative, pretty much ignored Ron Paul altogether as though he wasn't there at all. What's that tell you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Fox is left wing? Otherwise MSNBC has always shown Paul in a fair light, the only of the big cable networks that has. Also keep in mind Paul's core base for years and years has been very liberal college age people.
Some MSNBC shows do, like Ratigan. I watched Morning Joe today. When Ron Paul is on set they are respectful. I missed the first hour, watched and recorded the last 2 hours. No mention of him the last 2 hours. Plenty on Romney, Bachmann, and Pawlenty. Perry who wasn't even in the debate got coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 07:22 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
This was beaten to death six months ago, time to move on.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:23 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
This is ok. Many around here would have no problem with a right wing news source doing this - it's only when it's a left-leaning news source that it's objectionable.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:24 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
The only thing worse than a truther is a Ron Paul supporter.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:31 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What I noticed on this morning's coverage of last night's debate is all the news channels, both liberal and conservative, pretty much ignored Ron Paul altogether as though he wasn't there at all. What's that tell you?
The republican machine wants their hand picked puppet just like the dem machine picked obama whom all dems are cowed and scared to run against in a primary for fear of being blackballed and run out of town.thats the way it works folks.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
The republican machine wants their hand picked puppet just like the dem machine picked obama
Exactly. The point of Fox News is to give the masses (especially of flyover country) the illusion of choice, where Fox News provides most "conservative" Americans the idea they have an alternative media outlet to NBC/ABC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC. In fact it is controlled by the same group of CEOs who want to continue to get all the trillions of government giveaways and want to provide you with two choices which result in the same net effect. More corporate handouts, more growing government, less freedom.

If you look at what a Fox News dbag did to Paul in 2008 and how Paul responded by deconstructing what was and is still wrong with the Republican Party, you will notice they conveniently edited out that portion of video when they replayed the event. Fox News still does this to Ron Paul today.

I'm voting Ron Paul, screw Fox News, screw all those dumb ***es who say I'm throwing my vote away. Even if that means Obama wins again, doesn't matter. You seriously think Romney is going to do better? Did McCain provide us a choice in 2008?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:14 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
even talk radio is against him. hope the sheep wake up to this spoon fed BS that goes on election after election. Paul has my vote

Old 08-12-2011, 08:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Just what I thought.. HC bringing up items that were discussed 8 months ago.. Again..

You cant be this far behind the rest of us.. can you?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:31 PM

550 posts, read 604,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
It's beyond belief, the unethical lengths Fox and other left-wing power-brokers will go to try and manipulate the masses into rejecting Ron Paul--in effect rejecting the principles of freedom and a fiscally responsible government that our nation was founded on.

Manipulation of the masses has reached incredible levels of sophistication, since I would have thought that fact that the poll indicated Paul WINNING the poll, would mean more to those who make decisions based solely on "following the crowd" than the crowd reaction would. Obviously I'm not a master of mass manipulation, like Fox News and other liberal media. They know exactly what works, because they manipulate every election and make sure their preferred candidate wins. No wonder they have to slander him and exclude him from debates; they know he'd win if we made the decision based on what he stands for.

The libertarian movement is based on those smart and independent enough to notice our nation and economy being systematically destroyed, despite the media telling us we are fine and recovering. I hope these people are numerous enough, and self-aware enough, to resist attempts to manipulate them so that the nation's destruction can continue unabated.

If you really think Thomas Jefferson was a radical and too "extremist" to be listened to, or if you think Big Government is the solution to our problems, then you are a true liberal and wouldn't like freedom anyway. But if you can think for yourself, and don't consider yourself a puppet and slave to all-powerful Big Government, just listen to some of Ron Paul's speeches. Or, if you're truly intellectual, read his articles: Congressman Ron Paul Archives.

Here's a taste of what Ron Paul stands for:

"We pay 35% more for our military today than we did 10 years ago for the exact same capabilities. The same could be said for the rest of the government. Why has our budget doubled in 10 years? This country doesn’t have double the population or double the land area or double anything that would require the federal government to grow by such an obscene amount." Just Freeze the Budget! by Ron Paul

On Libya: "We were told that this attack would last "days, not weeks" and we are already three months and likely nearly a billion dollars into it." (note: now we're five months in, with no end in sight) Strange Definitions of War and Peace by Ron Paul

"printing money out of thin air as the Fed has done and threatens to continue to do is not a panacea. If zero interest rates and quantitative easing could really solve unemployment, there would be no reason not to maintain such policies in perpetuity. Such policies, however, lead to the formation of asset bubbles" The Fed’s Funny Money by Ron Paul

"Every time the Federal Reserve engages in more quantitative easing and devalues the dollar, it is defaulting on the American people by eroding their purchasing power and inflating their savings away. The dollar has lost nearly 50% of its value against gold since 2008. The Fed claims inflation is 2% or less over the past few years; however economists who compile alternate data show a 9% inflation rate if calculated more traditionally....For decades our government has been spending and promising far more than it collects in taxes. But the problem is not that the people are not taxed enough. The government has managed to run up $61.6 trillion in unfunded liabilities, which works out to $528,000 per household." Secretive Banking Cartels Enslave*Us by Ron Paul
Hey, I love Ron Paul. He's the man. But he will never be president. What I don't get is how someone could claim to be a conservative but not support Ron Paul. Americans don't make logical, sensible choices when they enter the voting booth. I vote for the individual, not the party. It's gotten us nowhere. The Republican party is a joke. They just hate minorities and poor people. And don't be a poor minority?!?!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:33 PM

550 posts, read 604,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
even talk radio is against him. hope the sheep wake up to this spoon fed BS that goes on election after election. Paul has my vote
Sheep never wake up. They are incapable of free thought. That's why they are sheep. They need someone to lead and think for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies