Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 04:14 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I don't know about where others live but the sky here is a lovely shade of blue and it is decidely NOT falling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 04:19 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
He's a damn Marxist Muslim. Following right in his daddy's footsteps like he always wanted to.
LOL WTF I shouldn't even have quoted this. Has the OP and this SourD person MET any Muslims?

I laugh because this is ridiculous... but I cry because it is also scary. Hating people because of a religion is how you end up with bloodshed. I enjoy having my blood safely encased in my body.

My experience with Muslims is through dance, food and travel. I had SO MUCH fun trying to dance Debke in Middle Eastern restaurants, and for the past 10 or so years "bellydance" has really enriched my life. In my travels all I saw are that Muslims (like Everyone else in the world) think America is Great!

This is not stuff I saw on TV, but stuff I saw in real life.

I went to Egypt during Ramadan with my husband and DID NOT cover my head. Even a Saudi guy w his kid smiled at us during Iftar. Even Christians in Muslim countries celebrate Ramadan. And it is fun and sort of like Christmas. Festive, good food etc. Nobody LOL tried to blow me up or spit on me because I wasn't covered.

I am probably as likely to get killed or beaten up in the US.

Anyway, CD has been pissing me off today. What's with all the negativity, guys. So many bad things are going on, let's get along and have fun at least online...

Guys, muslims even drink alcohol and drugs , dance in discos and do things just like Americans...even the ones in the Middle East. A lot of them don't like fundamentalists just like we Christians don't like those people who blow up abortion clinics...

Sheesh...Randa Kamal says "Chillax" *shimmies*

Randa Kamal - YouTube

Old 08-12-2011, 04:29 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Well said!!

What contributions have they made to this country??? Any inventions??? Policy?? Education?? Equality??
According to Obama in his recent speech "Islam has always been part of our American family". He sounds like a devoted Christian, doesn't he?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:33 PM

313 posts, read 284,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
" Islam has always been part of our American family, and Muslim Americans have long contributed to the strength and character of our country, in all walks of life."
This isn't true. Our country was 90% White up until the 1970s when a heavily lobbied for bill (by certain interest groups...), the 1965 immigration act which turned our country into the multi-racial place we have today.

Muslims have only been here recently. I don't know why we feel the need to pretend all races had an equal contribution to this country.

Quote:
Who cares what you think, the man is a Muslim and sides with terrorists.
lol? What 'terrorists' has Obama sided with?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:35 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
Quote:
" Islam has always been part of our American family, and Muslim Americans have long contributed to the strength and character of our country, in all walks of life."
This isn't true. Our country was 90% White up until the 1970s when a heavily lobbied for bill (by certain interest groups...), the 1965 immigration act which turned our country into the multi-racial place we have today.
Islam isn't a race

Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
lol? What 'terrorists' has Obama sided with?
his friend Bill Ayers

Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.

- Autobiography of Mark Twain

Old 08-12-2011, 04:40 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Who cares what you think, the man is a Muslim and sides with terrorists.
And who cares what you think? You're obviously wrong. I'd thoroughly school you on this, but I know that your brand of bigotry is unaffected by rational thought.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:12 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hmmmm, blame Bush for everythin Obama does. I wonder why Bush allowed the tradition of a World Day of Prayer meeting to be held in the White House. Obama killed it, didn't he? He said he didn't want to offend the Muslims but surely they were offended at least as bad all those other years.

Roy, there you go again fabricating information. Obama DID NOT STOP NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER. Again, it was held privately within the White House. I'm convinced you are now blatantly lying. The first time you made this comment and I correct you, I chucked it off as a mistake, but come on twice?

Old 08-12-2011, 05:31 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Default Muslim Contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well the only contribution I can remember is blowing up the trade centers and shooting up ft. hood.
Well, consider George Bush's ambassador to the UN. He's a Muslim.

But I guess you knew that.
Quote:
This isn't true. Our country was 90% White up until the 1970s when a heavily lobbied for bill (by certain interest groups...), the 1965 immigration act which turned our country into the multi-racial place we have today.?
In 1860 America was 66% white and remained less than 80% white until 1910. In 1960 the US was 82% white. If it makes any difference.

You're just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies