Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What would be your response to a post like this... (since you didn't bother to handle it in your own post, I must ask).
I imagine his response would be something like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well the only contribution I can remember is blowing up the trade centers and shooting up ft. hood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
Did you even read the speech? Nothing in there would lead any credence to Obama being a Muslim. The only thing that it leads credence to is Obama being a supporter of interfaith dialogue. If anything, it's a fairly standard Christian ecumenical speech.

I'm not sure what this big deal is about this, unless you think that all Muslims are evil. Which I suspect you and a lot of CD posters do.
Of course not. It is after all the religion of peace right.

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
No, I dont want them secluded.
I want them out of our country.

In my opinion, until they themselves start policing their community and turn out the leaders who advocate religious sanctioned violence they are a Terrorist Organization.

Not to mention despicable misogynists.
Not to mention a fascist organization or an organization that uses violence and the threat of violence to control members.
Not to mention a cult.
Not to mention neanderthals who use despicable violence against their own member for violations of "religious" laws.
Very similar to Christianity in the 15th century.

Listen, Islam is going through a mid-life crisis much like Christianity in the middle ages.

And good luck with the bold part

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
" Islam has always been part of our American family, and Muslim Americans have long contributed to the strength and character of our country, in all walks of life."

Well the only contribution I can remember is blowing up the trade centers and shooting up ft. hood. I guess this is what he's referring to. Easter is a taboo to the orator but when Ramadan rolls around the red carpet comes out. I think we know who's side he's on.

Obama's Iftar dinner remarks | POLITICO 44
If that is all you know about American Muslims then you should have read up on the subject before posting your whine
Casper

Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Very similar to Christianity in the 15th century.

Listen, Islam is going through a mid-life crisis much like Christianity in the middle ages.

And good luck with the bold part
Yes, exactly.

And until they grow up and become civilized as modern Christianity for the most part has done, they need to be treated as they are.

About the bold part, yea I know, especially with a weak S*B on 1600 Pennsyvania who panders to them.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:51 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
What would be your response to a post like this... (since you didn't bother to handle it in your own post, I must ask).
That was my post. He does side with them. He secretly sends a letter with HIS endorsement to let that Lockerbie bomber out of jail who IS NOT terminally ill, then just recently they are trying to get another terrorist released from prison.

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Well I would first look at his actions. Who are we fighting for in Libya? Who did we side with in Egypt? What are his actions towards Israel? Who's side is he on??

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
'We're all children of a loving God,' Obama said at Wednesday's Iftar dinner.

Someone tell me what exactly is wrong with that statement or this overture he is extending to a confused part of the minority. I bet almost everyone on earth will agree to that, barring atheists.

This thread is one of those that gets concocted when someone comes from a tea party and smoking that tea at that

Old 08-12-2011, 12:52 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
" Islam has always been part of our American family, and Muslim Americans have long contributed to the strength and character of our country, in all walks of life."

Well the only contribution I can remember is blowing up the trade centers and shooting up ft. hood. I guess this is what he's referring to. Easter is a taboo to the orator but when Ramadan rolls around the red carpet comes out. I think we know who's side he's on.

So, being elected to Congress doesn't count for anything?

Old 08-12-2011, 12:52 PM

253 posts, read 201,775 times
Quote:

If that's the only thing you can think of, you haven't been paying attention. Turn off the hate radio/tv & escape your bubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies