Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 05:21 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,222,421 times

Advertisements

A suspected looter in this week’s riots and his mother are being thrown out of their council home.

In the first case of its kind, Daniel Sartain-Clarke, 18, and his mother have been served with an eviction notice as council bosses seek to turf them out of their £225,000 taxpayer-subsidised flat.
  • 'I'm not responsible for my son's actions - what about my human rights?' says Daniel Sartain-Clarke's mother
  • Family served with eviction notice from Wandsworth Council
  • Suspect's mother says he 'was in the wrong place at the wrong time'
  • Other councils vow to follow suit and boot out looters from homes as minister draws up plans to cut rioters' benefits
UK riots: Daniel Sartain-Clarke's family first to be evicted by Wandsworth Council | Mail Online

Good for the UK authorities investigating and prosecuting these riots!

The only thing I can agree with on the mother's statements is that she is, indeed, NOT RESPONSIBLE -- as a parent, that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 05:29 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Her 'human rights'?
Good move by the council.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:33 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Her 'human rights'?
Damn. I was just about to say that. People these days...

Old 08-13-2011, 05:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
A suspected looter in this week’s riots and his mother are being thrown out of their council home.

In the first case of its kind, Daniel Sartain-Clarke, 18, and his mother have been served with an eviction notice as council bosses seek to turf them out of their £225,000 taxpayer-subsidised flat.
  • 'I'm not responsible for my son's actions - what about my human rights?' says Daniel Sartain-Clarke's mother
  • Other councils vow to follow suit and boot out looters from homes as minister draws up plans to cut rioters' benefits
UK riots: Daniel Sartain-Clarke's family first to be evicted by Wandsworth Council | Mail Online

Good for the UK authorities investigating and prosecuting these riots!

The only thing I can agree with on the mother's statements is that she is, indeed, NOT RESPONSIBLE -- as a parent, that is.
A human right to subsidized housing, smh. It's this mindset that has brought the UK to this sorry pass it needs to be stamped out once and for all.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
  • Other councils vow to follow suit and boot out looters from homes as minister draws up plans to cut rioters' benefits...
I would be embarrassed to say such a thing...!

Old 08-13-2011, 05:45 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A human right to subsidized housing, smh. It's this mindset that has brought the UK to this sorry pass it needs to be stamped out once and for all.

So it's okay to take from renters through excessive regulation and unfair property taxes, but not okay to subsidize rental housing? Just curious.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:27 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
[/list]I would be embarrassed to say such a thing...!
Peple like that know no such feelings. The only thing that matters to them are all of the things they think their entitled to and they will publicly DEMAND them.

Britain's made a sorry mess of itself by fostering that mentality on a large, wholesale basis.

Even their own law enforcement pussed out on their duty to serve and protect.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:30 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So it's okay to take from renters through excessive regulation and unfair property taxes, but not okay to subsidize rental housing? Just curious.
If someone willfully refuses to be a contributing member of society, why should anybody be forced by the gov't to provide them with the goodies?

If you're a criminal you can get free housing and food at a jail or work farm.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:33 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Good. Throw all their stuff out on the street and let it be free for the taking. That'll teach the little creep a lesson. Maybe they can find shelter in a burned out storefront.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:37 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how legal guardianship works in the UK, but if the 18 year old was living under her roof then she's responsible, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies