Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 07:22 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama stopped NOTHING.. The collapse ended well before Obama passed one bill into law, and nothing has improved since.

Furthermore, Congress writes bills and legislation, and the Congress was Democratically controlled, not GOP.

If most of the public blaims the GOP, then clearly most of the public isnt qualified to be voting.

Wow...Anyone who doesn't agree with the GOP shouldn't even go to the polls? Neither party is blameless in this mess, neither. This partisan crap is really old. Neither party has come up with ONE thing to fix this mess that has been spiraling out of control for years.
The Dems took over both houses not focusing on jobs but healthcare. The GOP took over Congress not focusing on jobs but everything else but. Why hasn't there been ONE focus on infrastructure by either party. Both parties continue to say how we need to invest, when are they going to get off their arse and do something? Anyone who believes their party is blameless in where we are are today before or after Obama isn't qualified to be voting.

Last edited by blackandproud; 08-15-2011 at 07:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 07:28 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
Quote:
Obama stopped NOTHING.. The collapse ended well before Obama passed one bill into law, and nothing has improved since.

Furthermore, Congress writes bills and legislation, and the Congress was Democratically controlled, not GOP.

If most of the public blaims the GOP, then clearly most of the public isnt qualified to be voting.

what are you smoking?

AS I said the economy was slowly improving with new job numbers and consumer confidence until the GOP took over the house.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
what are you smoking?

AS I said the economy was slowly improving with new job numbers and consumer confidence until the GOP took over the house.
Oh really? Lucky for us, we have actual facts and statistics to rely on, instead of your opinion.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149000/Wa...onfidence.aspx

Gallup also has a link to last year's measure - just as bad as this year.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh really? Lucky for us, we have actual facts and statistics to rely on, instead of your opinion.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Washington, D.C., Extends Its Lead in Economic Confidence

Gallup also has a link to last year's measure - just as bad as this year.
Besides, I thought the recent disastrous employment reports were "proof" that the "stimulus" worked?

Old 08-15-2011, 03:21 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Wow...Anyone who doesn't agree with the GOP shouldn't even go to the polls? Neither party is blameless in this mess, neither. This partisan crap is really old. Neither party has come up with ONE thing to fix this mess that has been spiraling out of control for years.
The Dems took over both houses not focusing on jobs but healthcare. The GOP took over Congress not focusing on jobs but everything else but. Why hasn't there been ONE focus on infrastructure by either party. Both parties continue to say how we need to invest, when are they going to get off their arse and do something? Anyone who believes their party is blameless in where we are are today before or after Obama isn't qualified to be voting.
Be more specific.

I should NOT have to pay to fix state roads and bridges, etc. in another state.

If that state didn't take care of it's infrastructure it is NOT the responsibility of the other 49 states to fix their problems. ( Interstae roads excluded. And with all the gas taxes we have been paying they should not need additional tax dollars)

Old 08-15-2011, 03:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Wow...Anyone who doesn't agree with the GOP shouldn't even go to the polls?
Where did I say that? Anyone who doesnt know the job responsibilities of the President, and the branches of Congress, shouldnt go to the polls.. Has nothing to do with Obamas approval ratings..
Quote:
Neither party is blameless in this mess, neither. This partisan crap is really old. Neither party has come up with ONE thing to fix this mess that has been spiraling out of control for years.
Thats bull crap. The GOP has been warning of the oncoming economic collapse since 2002 and every attempt to fix and minimize the damages were blocked by Democrats. The Democrats had complete control of Congress during the WHOLE collapse, and they sat there and did absolutely positively NOTHING.
Quote:
The Dems took over both houses not focusing on jobs but healthcare.
And you dont think they are to blame for having their priorities screwed up?
Quote:
The GOP took over Congress not focusing on jobs but everything else but.
Um, the GOP hasnt taken over Congress..
Quote:
Why hasn't there been ONE focus on infrastructure by either party.
Does someone need to tell you that Obamas stimulus plan was hundreds of billions for infrastructure?
Quote:
Both parties continue to say how we need to invest, when are they going to get off their arse and do something? Anyone who believes their party is blameless in where we are are today before or after Obama isn't qualified to be voting.
Spending money on infrastructure isnt "investing".

Old 08-15-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Where did I say that? Anyone who doesnt know the job responsibilities of the President, and the branches of Congress, shouldnt go to the polls.. Has nothing to do with Obamas approval ratings..

That is NOT what you said and now your attempting to twist my words. No where did I say you claimed Obama's ratings. Here let me remind you of your statement.

Quote:
Thats bull crap. The GOP has been warning of the oncoming economic collapse since 2002 and every attempt to fix and minimize the damages were blocked by Democrats. The Democrats had complete control of Congress during the WHOLE collapse, and they sat there and did absolutely positively NOTHING.

Your sticking with the housing collapse as the complete downfall of the economy? Seriously? The Republicans had CONTROL of all three branches until January 2007, Bush held out admitting that the country was headed for a recession. So your premise of warnings is suppose to resolve them of doing NOTHING, especially since there were signs on the housing issue since early 2000s? So since you said Bull Crap, what did the Republicans do to slow down the Recessions? Oh thats right NOTHING. We were still losing jobs even when the Democratic Congress took over January 2007.

Quote:
The NBER did not give any reasons or causes of the recession. But it is widely accepted that the housing downturn, which started in 2006, is a primary cause of the broader economic malaise.
The fall of housing prices from peak levels reached earlier this decade cut deeply into home building and home purchases. This also caused a sharp rise in mortgage foreclosures, which in turn resulted in losses of hundreds of billions of dollars among the nation's leading banks and a tightening of credit.
It's official: U.S. in a recession since December 2007 - Dec. 1, 2008

The partisan crap is really old, unlike you I see things for what they are, neither party is worth my Grandmother spit jar.

And you dont think they are to blame for having their priorities screwed up?
What part of The Democrats focused on health care instead of Jobs and the Republicans is focusing on everything else instead of jobs you just don't get? Oh its the fact that its not a partisan statement.

Um, the GOP hasnt taken over Congress..
They haven't? Damn, I thought they had the majority. Was there another election that took place I wasn't aware of?

Does someone need to tell you that Obamas stimulus plan was hundreds of billions for infrastructure?

Does someone need to tell you that Both parties continue to give lip service to the fact that they need to INVEST in Infrastructure. If you have a problem with the statement, maybe you should contact your local representative and tell them to move on and not worry about China

Spending money on infrastructure isnt "investing".
Wow, I guess you told me, maybe you should contact the CBO, Boehner and Cantor, of course the President, hell put out a full page add on this little tid bit so they could stop making such a false statement.

Last edited by blackandproud; 08-15-2011 at 09:32 PM..

Old 08-15-2011, 09:26 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Now, remember, this is a poll of adults, which will always be more favorable to the democrats.

You can take off 2-5 points from this for LV/RV.

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

39% Approve - 54% Disapprove.

I'm thinking his message of blame and unwillingness to admit his own failures is the reason.

I guess it probably didn't help that once again, obamacare, HIS signature legislative, got smacked down in the courts.
The mistake would be overconfidence and projecting this to the 2012 election because Gallup doesn't poll registered voters or likely voters for Obama's approval rating. They just poll any adult over 18. For all we know 75 percent of the people polled don't vote.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:26 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Default Breaking news!

Barack Obama's approval rating spurted up to 41% today! And his disapproval rating slid all the way down to 52%!

I'm thinking those stomach-turning clips of his bus tour will end the rally, however.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Be more specific.

I should NOT have to pay to fix state roads and bridges, etc. in another state.

If that state didn't take care of it's infrastructure it is NOT the responsibility of the other 49 states to fix their problems. ( Interstae roads excluded. And with all the gas taxes we have been paying they should not need additional tax dollars)

And my taxes should not go to subsidize those states that do not take in enough revenue, but it does. I should not be taking care of building schools for other countries, but I'm forced too by our government. I should not be forced to subsidize companies that choose to ship jobs outside of the U.S, but again, I'm forced too by our government. But the worst part, the part that sticks in that spot that was once a hang nail,

I'm paying the salary and lifetime insurance and pension for a bunch of idiots that can't see past their own greed to do the job they were sent to do. And NO not one of them have done a DAMN THING. Nothing, nothing at all has been accomplished in Washington since the Clinton (lawd help me) Gingrigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies