Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 06:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,843,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
No matter how you want to spin it, the GOP has control of the house. How many bills have they passed again that has to so with the jobs and investment in infrastructure they campaigned on? I think i was on vacation when it was announced after the light bulb bill. When are they going to get on it, after the 2012 elections?
Do I really need to tell you the GOP only control 1/2 of 1/3 of the government?

Let's see - they passed a budget, which the dems haven't done in over 800+ days.

Quote:
To side track and match the partisan childish one up. At least the Democrats passed a Healtch Care law and like the Budget its not the versions either party campaigned on..... Again, when will they work on the Jobs bill. The budget passed what two weeks ago? I have not heard word one of where they are on the Jobs bill they campaigned on. Sooo maybe I was on vacation and may have missed it.
And didn't the democrats tell us obamacare would create 500,000 jobs immediately?

Edit: Oh, 400,000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJKGW...layer_embedded

Who is spinning here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 06:54 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,520,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
You're just making stuff up. The repubs campaigned on stopping the bleeding and repealing obamacare, not more deficit spending. They passed the bills that fulfilled both promises.

Wait, So your claiming the Republicans DID NOT campaign on Jobs? Your claiming the Republicans DID NOT go at the Democrats and the President for not presenting a jobs bill or jobs plan? Really? Did you just move to the U.S recently, because if thats what your claiming you weren't around during 2010 campaign

Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Do I really need to tell you the GOP only control 1/2 of 1/3 of the government?

Let's see - they passed a budget, which the dems haven't done in over 800+ days.

And didn't the democrats tell us obamacare would create 500,000 jobs immediately?

Edit: Oh, 400,000.

Pelosi: Obamacare Will Supply 400,000 Jobs Almost Immediately! - YouTube

Who is spinning here?

Again, nice try.

Did they campaign and say, we will Work on jobs IF we when both houses? NO.
So its your claim that because they only have the majority in the house that they shouldn't keep to their process and focus on jobs? That didn't seem to stop them from Passing a damn light bulb bill. And didn't Boehner tell us they were going to cut $100 billion from spending in the first year? How much was it again?

Old 08-16-2011, 07:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,929,437 times
Quote:
No, it really sucks to be you, a person that can't get your head out of the partisan one trick poney.
You offered absolutely positively NOTHING to dispute what I said..
Quote:
What sucks for you is, the Republicans sat by and did NOTHING right along with their Democrat counterparts.

Um, the GOp held NOT ONE branch of government. What would you have had them do, initiate a government takeover by force?, overthrowing the Demoratic party?
Quote:
Here we go again, your continuous BS. I do not Defend the Democrats non-stop. NONE of them deserve it. I don't come on here and try to peddle the crap that one party is better than the other unlike you. I don't come on here and make excuses and spin history to Defend either party unlike you. Their all worthless, find one of my posts where I defended the Democrats while bashing Republicans. Make sure you find the right post you have a tendency of presenting a post that has nothing to do with your claim.
looking for substance. Nope, none here. You claiming you dont do something, doesnt mean you dont. You come here and rather than post information of substance, you attack anyone who points out how Democrats havent helped one dam bit, and are responsible for an economic collapse not seen since the great depression, and your proof I'm wrong.. nope.. not there. Hell you couldnt find ONE example where I was wrong.. NOT ONE.
Quote:
Wait, where did I post the Dems weren't to blame. I see your still doing the spinning and subliminal reading. Damn I thought after a couple of months you would have gotten out of that by now.

So whats the point in your posting then if you have nothing of sustance to say?
Quote:
I thought you kept up with the news. Whenever these Idiots speak of "Investing in Infrastructure", they talk about how far China has come in the last decade. Keep up.
What? No they arent. Their "investing in infrastruture" is due to Obamas claims that we should be borrowing money from the Chinese to build roads and bridges here, putting our people to work using debt. It has nothing to do with the China infrastruture what so ever
Quote:
Since your claiming that infrastructure is not investing and you know more than them apparently, maybe you should tell the CBO and the idiots in Washington to stop with the false claims.
As soon as you tell me where the CBO said it IS investing. See this is one of those PRIME examples of you rushing in to defend Democrats while claiming you arent. DEMOCRATS are calling the taking on of debt and spending it, "investing". Maybe you can backup their claims by answering ONE question.

If they spend $5M to rebuild a bridge, what is the rate of return?

Old 08-16-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Wait, So your claiming the Republicans DID NOT campaign on Jobs? Your claiming the Republicans DID NOT go at the Democrats and the President for not presenting a jobs bill or jobs plan? Really? Did you just move to the U.S recently, because if thats what your claiming you weren't around during 2010 campaign
Typical left winger, "the only way to create jobs is to spend"..

Tell me black, when the government takes money out of society, how the hell can the consumer spend what was taken to create jobs?

You see where you guys failed elementary math class is $100,000 earned - $35,000 in taxes does NOT equal $100K, but thats what Democrats want people to believe. That money given to the government creates jobs..

BULL****.. That claim begin 3 years ago ironically, as they justified massive growth in government spending. Using their rationality, we should be BOOMING.. Why arent we?

Old 08-16-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
No matter how you want to spin it, the GOP has control of the house. How many bills have they passed again that has to so with the jobs and investment in infrastructure they campaigned on? I think i was on vacation when it was announced after the light bulb bill. When are they going to get on it, after the 2012 elections?
Yep, there we go again..

Only GOVERNMENT creates jobs.. The fact that you arent embarassed to say this is astounding..

Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You offered absolutely positively NOTHING to dispute what I said..
[/color]
Um, the GOp held NOT ONE branch of government. What would you have had them do, initiate a government takeover by force?, overthrowing the Demoratic party?

What in the world are you babbling. Are you that desperate to spin with your version that you are now trying to change history. Even YOU acknowledge that the discussions on the housing issue began in 2002 which is confirmed by the Fact Check article. The Republicans held all 3 branches. What your now saying that sat back and waited for the Democrats to take control before they publically washed their hands? Wow. You have not changed a bit
looking for substance. Nope, none here. You claiming you dont do something, doesnt mean you dont. You come here and rather than post information of substance, you attack anyone who points out how Democrats havent helped one dam bit, and are responsible for an economic collapse not seen since the great depression, and your proof I'm wrong.. nope.. not there. Hell you couldnt find ONE example where I was wrong.. NOT ONE.

You were wrong when you claim the GOP were not in control now. I asked you if there was another election i wasn't aware of AS USUAL you ignorned it. You claimed the DEMOCRATS BLOCKED THE REPUBLICANS FOR DOING SOMETHING WITH THE HOUSING CRISIS, I provided you with detailed timeline by FACTCHECK, BUT AS USUAL YOU IGNORED. I HAVE NOT ATTACKED YOU, In your typical manner you went on the attack, in your usual manner you went into spin and condoscending mode and as usual anyone who dares to disagree with you and point out that your wrong your subliminal reading goes into overdrive.
[/color]
So whats the point in your posting then if you have nothing of sustance to say?
You would see it as nothing of substance when it doesn't validate your spin and re-writting history

What? No they arent. Their "investing in infrastruture" is due to Obamas claims that we should be borrowing money from the Chinese to build roads and bridges here, putting our people to work using debt. It has nothing to do with the China infrastruture what so ever

As soon as you tell me where the CBO said it IS investing. See this is one of those PRIME examples of you rushing in to defend Democrats while claiming you arent. DEMOCRATS are calling the taking on of debt and spending it, "investing". Maybe you can backup their claims by answering ONE question.

If they spend $5M to rebuild a bridge, what is the rate of return?

You see it as defense I see it as researching before I post. Something that you know nothing of. You may have your little cheerleading crowd snowed and those that you bully into backing down from your spin game, but I know different. Stop projecting your excuses and defense of the GOP and attempting to provide them with clean hands with this mess. Not once have I defended or excused either party in anything. You are so desperate now you've moved onto blatant LIES.

Directly from the CBO....And as usual your spinning what I said about the CBO.
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/95xx/doc9...astructure.pdf

Last edited by blackandproud; 08-16-2011 at 07:42 AM..

Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Yep, there we go again..

Only GOVERNMENT creates jobs.. The fact that you arent embarassed to say this is astounding..

So you too are going on record by claiming the GOP DID NOT campaign on jobs. You are really that desperate to go into combative mode with me, where did I say anything about government creating jobs? I didn't even ask where were the jobs. I said The Republicans campaigned on jobs, thats what they campaigned on, so when are they going to get to it. They complained that neither the Democrats or the President presented a jobs bill or plan when they had the majority, when will the Republicans get on it? PG you typically don't get caught in so many lies, whats going on this morning?

Last edited by blackandproud; 08-16-2011 at 07:40 AM..

Old 08-16-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Typical left winger, "the only way to create jobs is to spend"..

Tell me black, when the government takes money out of society, how the hell can the consumer spend what was taken to create jobs?

You see where you guys failed elementary math class is $100,000 earned - $35,000 in taxes does NOT equal $100K, but thats what Democrats want people to believe. That money given to the government creates jobs..

BULL****.. That claim begin 3 years ago ironically, as they justified massive growth in government spending. Using their rationality, we should be BOOMING.. Why arent we?

Oh dear, now your on full mode attack. LIE LIE LIE spin spin spin now the school yard childish rants. Are you going on record claiming the GOP did not campaign on jobs?

Old 08-16-2011, 07:44 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,873,927 times
Quote:
Oh dear, now your on full mode attack. LIE LIE LIE spin spin spin now the school yard childish rants. Are you going on record claiming the GOP did not campaign on jobs?
Your belief that politicians can create jobs is comical and shows your ignorance of economics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies