Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 09:04 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
Probably got killed fighting in North Africa or something. Those damn racist British!!
Judging by the way the British treated Black, Indian, Pakistani, and other non-White immigrants in terms of segregation, housing discrimination, job discrimination, and unequal access to quality education, in post World War II England you statement is actually on point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 09:04 PM

810 posts, read 836,628 times
All groups that terrorize people are evil, like the KKK and recently these violent youth mobs. It's a problem of a specific kind of people that exist in various proportions through area and time, and not of race.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i understand where your coming from with your projections, but its irrelevant on a crime that is so small, 6,255 nationwide.

there are 223 million whites, 71 percent of 6,255 are white who committed a hate crime. thats 4378. 4378 out of 223 million is 0.00001963229.

i believe the number i cited for blacks was 0.00002 something.

so barrow is right, more blacks do commit hate crimes proportionate to population.

the problem with barrow though is he will run with that, even though the number means nothing because its so irrelevant. its not even 1 percent.

that aint every stopped them before though when they want to push an agenda. all that matters to them is more blacks committed hate crimes the whites, regardless if its 0.000002 of the population.

they will still use that to push the agenda.
Dude, I hear you. I only made that post because I wanted to point out that hate crime stats are not skewed toward white offenders.

If you live in a big city though, this is something that you might want to take notice of. It doesn't matter what percentage of the population does what, it only matters how likely you are to be around when it goes down.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:34 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Where is your concern when White Supremacists, Skinheads and Aryan Nation are attacking Black people? These types of attacks are far more common than Black-on-White hate crimes.

According to FBI statistics, Whites commit the majority of hate crimes

Offenders - Hate Crime Statistics, 2009

In 2009, the racial breakdown of the 6,225 known hate crime offenders was as follows:
  • 62.4 percent were white.
  • 18.5 percent were black.
  • 7.3 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
  • 1.0 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
  • 0.7 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
  • 10.2 percent were of unknown race
The attempts to rile White people up into thinking that the population of Black Americans is targeting Whites in hate crimes is nothing more than race baiting.
You're comparing apples with oranges. White Supremisists are not supposed to be anti-racist. Sharpton and Jackson are supposedly against racism. The kid in Wisconsin already admitted his crowd was targeting whites. So, where are our Black leaders? Do you or do you not think it's important for Black leaders to step up and address these punks? The Mayor of Philly can't do it by himself. No one is trying to rile up anyone, just stating the facts. No one here is condoning or denying white on black hate crime. However, no one can deny that black on white hate crime is on the rise. Like it or not, your statistics do not justify their behavior.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
You're comparing apples with oranges. White Supremisists are not supposed to be anti-racist. Sharpton and Jackson are supposedly against racism. The kid in Wisconsin already admitted his crowd was targeting whites. So, where are our Black leaders? Do you or do you not think it's important for Black leaders to step up and address these punks? The Mayor of Philly can't do it by himself. No one is trying to rile up anyone, just stating the facts. No one here is condoning or denying white on black hate crime. However, no one can deny that black on white hate crime is on the rise. Like it or not, your statistics do not justify their behavior.
read my prior posts in this thread on statistics.

the answer to your question is no.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 PM

321 posts, read 362,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_lexus View Post
please. Don't remove yourself from serious consideration in future discussions with this nonsense.

People who oppose obama because he is black, are shameful racists against black people. Get that truth clear. If you're offended by this and it hits too close to home, that is your problem, and you are in an inferior moral position. There is certainly nothing wrong with keeping the issue of whites being racist towards blacks (a problem that has plagued this country for centuries) at the forefront. The battle rages on in the fight for equality and the removal of that "unearned privilege" that emerged from slavery that put blacks at a disadvantage and works to keep them there.

About opposing obama, if you (not you personally) identify yourself as a "conservative", knowing that this ideology is supported and favored by the most racist and racially ignorant segment of this country, then you have more in common with a racist than you do not. This has meant that you oppose every move he makes, no matter how minute it is. Don't try to pretend like you oppose him because of his policies. This is absurd. You oppose him because you are a part of a racist ideology that can't see any good he does because he is black. You oppose him despite the obstructionist tactics of your party to give the appearance that he's a failure. You oppose him despite the incredibly shameful performance of your leader in the previous administration, one that left president obama with the worst mess in history. Shameful.

Getting back to black teenagers, i understand their rage for the reasons i stated.

A deeper understanding is what you must strive for, obviously. This is a common flaw among "conservatives."

wow

Old 08-15-2011, 10:34 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Blacks make up 13% of the population... so yeah, they are equal. To ignore population differences is to be willfully ignorant, which you leftists do every single time.
Actually, I think she really IS confused about the math!

How embarrassing.

Good post.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
Quote:
AllenDullesMJ12;20470792]
In these statistics, white includes anyone from European heritage, non-black Hispanic, Middle Eastern, North African, Caucasian (ie. Armenian), Iranian, etc. So it is a much more general category compared to black which in our country stands for someone of mostly West African ancestry.

While what you are saying is true(except for black = West African ancestry, Black includes East Africans too) its funny that some whites will claim these very same people as white when its beneficial.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 08-15-2011 at 10:58 PM..

Old 08-16-2011, 12:25 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
And who are these magical, mystical, mythical leaders of "The Blacks" of whom you speak? Last time I checked, I was an American and my "leaders" are elected officials starting at the top with the POTUS.

So where are the leaders of "The Whites" to address the epidemic of White men who are pedophiles? Do you or do you not think its important for White leaders to step up and address these sickos?

Old 08-16-2011, 03:17 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Please. Don't remove yourself from serious consideration in future discussions with this nonsense.

People who oppose Obama because he is black, ARE SHAMEFUL RACISTS against black people. Get that truth clear. If you're offended by this and it hits too close to home, that is YOUR problem, and you are in an inferior moral position. There is certainly nothing wrong with keeping the issue of whites being racist towards blacks (a problem that has plagued this country for centuries) at the forefront. The battle rages on in the fight for equality and the removal of that "unearned privilege" that emerged from slavery that put blacks at a disadvantage and works to keep them there.

About opposing Obama, if you (not you personally) identify yourself as a "Conservative", knowing that this ideology is supported and favored by the most racist and racially ignorant segment of this country, then you have more in common with a racist than you do not. This has meant that you oppose every move he makes, no matter how minute it is. Don't try to pretend like you oppose him because of his policies. This is absurd. You oppose him because you are a part of a racist ideology that can't see ANY good he does because he is black. You oppose him despite the obstructionist tactics of your party to give the appearance that he's a failure. You oppose him despite the incredibly shameful performance of your leader in the previous administration, one that left President Obama with the worst mess in history. Shameful.

Getting back to black teenagers, I understand their rage for the reasons I stated.

A deeper understanding is what you must strive for, obviously. This is a common flaw among "Conservatives."
Blah blah blah anyone who disagrees with the President is a white devil racist, look we get it. Obama's been pulling the race card for a long long time. It doesn't even faze me anymore.

What's really twisted is that you use conservative disagreement with Obama as a justification from CRIMINAL behavior! You are justifying racist, criminal, violent behavior because some white conservatives have the audacity to disagree with the President! Who's the real racist here? You are essentially calling any non-Obama supporter a racist, and laying blame on them for the appalling behavior of criminals.

And please, just because I don't like Obama doesn't make me a Republican. I hate the Republicans just as much, both parties are war mongering globalist elitist frauds that look out for no one except themselves and their super rich, super powerful friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies