Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Why Does Mainstream Media Disrespect Ron Paul? | Greg Hunter

Watching the Sunday talk shows and looking at the reporting from this weekend’s Republican straw poll, you would not think that Congressman Ron Paul even participated in the event.... Paul came in a very close second to Representative Michele Bachmann in a field of Presidential Candidates. Bachmann received 4,823 votes; Paul received 4,671 votes, which represents a margin of just 152 votes.... To me, it appears to be a statistical dead heat, especially when you consider the next closest competitor, Governor Tim Pawlenty, received only 2,293 votes. Pawlenty’s distant third place finish effectively blew him out of the race...
I think the answer to your question is that he is running for the nomination on the Republican ticket and that hurts very much with the MSM. Think about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
The only disrepect I have seen is not takig him as a serioud candidate.Therfore like the last debates he was pretty mcuh let say is peace and the ignored by other candidates.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think the answer to your question is that he is running for the nomination on the Republican ticket and that hurts very much with the MSM. Think about that.
Yeah, he's the only Republican running on the Republican ticket.

How do you think that makes the others feel?

Old 08-15-2011, 11:27 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
The Dees photo makes a clear statement.

http://www.rense.com/

Last edited by ergohead; 08-15-2011 at 11:42 PM..

Old 08-15-2011, 11:51 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Because if Paul were to win, the wars would end immediately, the economy would stabilize, the fed and inflation would be under control... In short it would be boring. Boring doesn't sell ad space.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:02 AM

1,794 posts, read 4,913,566 times
I don't understand why they disrespect him either.
He is a fair minded, intelligent, honest man.
I don't agree with everything he wants to do as president,
but I always liked him and during the last debate,(2008), he spoke out against
the war also.
They all laughed at him, especially Rudy Guilliani. Remember?
Oh, I get it, he isn't bought and knows the truth.
How did he even get to Congress then?
He has a powerful friend somewhere.
He's a lone honest voice admist all the chaous.(don't know if spelled correctly).

Old 08-16-2011, 12:03 AM

773 posts, read 2,631,136 times
Mr. Paul has for decades sought to abolish the Federal Reserve. Eliminating our central bank is a crazy idea that would plunge the country back into an oscillating 19th-century world of panics and busts. He also advocates going back to the gold standard. He is not taken seriously because he is a nut.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:32 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Were simply out of money and can no longer afford having bases in every country in the world. That's a mathematical fact.
No, that is wishful thinking, not a fact. The facts are that for the last 50 years we have been spending an average of 4.376% of our GDP on Defense. We are currently spending 5.088% of our GDP on Defense and involved in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya. Yes, it can, should, and will be reduced, but not by more than 14% or $108 billion at current spending levels.

Quote:
Furthermore, the majority of American's do not benefit from these trade policies but only the top 1% that are in bed with our government.
Tell that to all those who shop at Walmart and buy Chinese manufactured goods that they "do not benefit from these trade policies." Try to sound convincing, as they laugh in your face.

Quote:
They need to strap on their boots and compete like everyone else without having a sugar daddy with a big stick to help them out.

Ron Paul would work for what is in the best interest of ALL American's through his policies and not just a small minority that are sucking this country dry from their global parasitic policies. That goes for the Globalists like Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan and all the minions that due their bidding. They are traitors to this country and are only looking out for their own selfish desires and those in bed with them and not in what is in the best interest of the country.
Paulite fanatics are just as loony as he. Thanks, for providing incontrovertible proof of that with your above post.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:39 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Because if Paul were to win, the wars would end immediately, the economy would stabilize, the fed and inflation would be under control... In short it would be boring. Boring doesn't sell ad space.
You sound precisely like this fanatic:

OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... - YouTube

Old 08-16-2011, 02:05 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You sound precisely like this fanatic:

OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... - YouTube
You sound like a paid partisan hack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies