Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
I'd much rather be Tea Bagged than a Kool-Aid drinker.

I bet you would, Walter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
I'd much rather be Tea Bagged than a Kool-Aid drinker.

That's the usual final argument used by the secular-progressive-liberal Left when they are bereft of real facts.
400 Billionaires Vs Everyone else is pretty real deal Holyfield if you ask any rational American Walter.

Unless you're one of those 400 that's a pretty hot cuppa shut the hell up for Teabag LI.

Facts are stubborn things and Rush is not " The News"

Crooks

Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 AM

416 posts, read 637,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
Why should the wealthy be penalized for being wealthy?
LIC - i think you miss the point. the wealthy pay a tax percentage less than the low and middle income people because they have access to more loop holes which are bought and paid for when the finance congress' campaigns.

not even a level playing field with the SCOTUS reaffirming that corporations are people and money equals speech...

Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

I bet you would, Walter.

Stop

He knows not.

; )

Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
400 Billionaires Vs Everyone else is pretty real deal Holyfield if you ask any rational American Walter.

Unless you're one of those 400 that's a pretty hot cuppa shut the hell up for Teabag LI.

Facts are stubborn things and Rush is not " The News"

Crooks

You're, as you typically do, barking up the wrong tree because I never listen to nor watch Rush.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:00 PM

416 posts, read 637,528 times
Walter...i agree. let's do away with minimum wage laws, child labor laws, the right to unionize. heck while we are at it, let's do away with women's suffrage, equal rights, the ADA laws, and lets not stop there...i mean we don't need clean air and water to actually live a long life we just need enough air and water to live long enough to procreate and produce a little bit of economic prosperity for the ruling class(es).

take your unfettered, unregulated capitalism and shove it. i for one do not want a return to the late 1800's, early 1900's. the history of that time period is phenomenal in how those with access gained wealth while the majority lived in abject poverty.

please, someone find me the next Teddy Roosevelt or even a Richard Nixon. They represent(ed) what the Republican was and should remain. For the middle class and small businessman.

Warren is right...tax the hell outta the wealthy until someone actual creates a smart tax code cuz the wealthy will always find a way to reduce their tax burden.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:02 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehalo View Post
please, someone find me the next Teddy Roosevelt ...
For G-d's sake no.

TR was the beginning of the BIG GOV'T progressive movement.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:03 PM

1,307 posts, read 1,664,894 times
Quote:
LIC - i think you miss the point. the wealthy pay a tax percentage less than the low and middle income people because they have access to more loop holes which are bought and paid for when the finance congress' campaigns.

not even a level playing field with the SCOTUS reaffirming that corporations are people and money equals speech...
I disagree with the above statement. Firstly, what is the definition of "rich"? For arguments sake let's say it is a family with 1 mill in liquid savings - CDs, stocks, bonds, etc... Statistically the majority of households with 1 mill in liquid assets are retired and therefore their income is not made up of highly taxed earned income but rather lower taxed capital gains and believe it or not no-taxed investment income from municipal bonds. Basically "rich" households don't pay taxes because they are lending their savings back to the community.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:07 PM

1,307 posts, read 1,664,894 times
Quote:
Walter...i agree. let's do away with minimum wage laws, child labor laws, the right to unionize. heck while we are at it, let's do away with women's suffrage, equal rights, the ADA laws, and lets not stop there...i mean we don't need clean air and water to actually live a long life we just need enough air and water to live long enough to procreate and produce a little bit of economic prosperity for the ruling class(es).

take your unfettered, unregulated capitalism and shove it. i for one do not want a return to the late 1800's, early 1900's. the history of that time period is phenomenal in how those with access gained wealth while the majority lived in abject poverty.

please, someone find me the next Teddy Roosevelt or even a Richard Nixon. They represent(ed) what the Republican was and should remain. For the middle class and small businessman.

Warren is right...tax the hell outta the wealthy until someone actual creates a smart tax code cuz the wealthy will always find a way to reduce their tax burden.
Please step down from the soapbox before you hurt yourself.

Walter laid out a reasonable argument in support of abolishing minimum-wage laws. Instead of trying to extrapolate his opinion to other unrelated legislation try to argue his points.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:11 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,993,784 times
Could somebody please try and make a point without using sarcasm and personal attacks?

Carry on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies