Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times

Advertisements

Don't twist words please? not what he said. Ferd above has it right, i watched Perry talk, did not talk violence.

He talked about priniting more money between now and election time, and how they would feel in Texas, don't see any violence in his speech at all, some would like to fabricate violence, but it was not in this speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 11:28 AM

20,421 posts, read 12,338,684 times
has anyone on the left decided to tell the truth yet?

Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 AM

23,446 posts, read 17,113,855 times
'Gawker's Max Read puts it, "Rick Perry Wants to Execute Ben Bernanke."

Quote is Max Read's not Perry's.

Obama wanted lats to punish their enemies.

What dem wanted to show up with a weapon bigger than the opponents?

Holder felt it was ok for panthers to hold billy clubs and intimidate voters.

Holder felt it was ok to arm the Mexican drug dealers and never trace the guns????????????????

Union thugs beat up on the black tparty guy and received no media repurcussions?

Old 08-16-2011, 11:54 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
I am glad that fool is running for POTUS. Perhaps it is an act of God as he will no longer be the governor of my state and will also not be the POTUS. Perry needs to go sit down somewhere or kneel, whichever he prefers. Thank you Rick Perry for exposing the nut cases that are running things here in Texas! Perhaps now we can make some progress.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:16 PM

23,446 posts, read 17,113,855 times
Default courtesy of Obama admin

[SIZE=5]'Armed Agents Bust Raw Milk & Cheese Sellers[/SIZE] '

Old 08-16-2011, 12:25 PM

898 posts, read 826,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
^^This.

I can foresee a day where expression of opinions like mine are brutally silenced by "patriotic" extremist thinkers under the pretense of being treasonous or un-American. The conditions are fertile for this kind of a backlash. I already see it daily on this forum.

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-- Voltaire

People of all sides in this country used to understand that even though Voltaire was French, his quote happened to capture a key embodiment of our Constitution. Now I think we're getting farther from it every day. If Voltaire was alive and said that today, he would be derided as an enemy of our nation by patriotic xenophobes.
Oh you mean like the vitriol spewed by you and your fellow travelers against Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. You mean that sort of censorship? The brutal extremists are you and your fellow leftists and it's quite clear for everyone reading this forum, listening to leftist rhetoric at union thug events, etc.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
'Gawker's Max Read puts it, "Rick Perry Wants to Execute Ben Bernanke."

Quote is Max Read's not Perry's.

Obama wanted lats to punish their enemies.

What dem wanted to show up with a weapon bigger than the opponents?

Holder felt it was ok for panthers to hold billy clubs and intimidate voters.

Holder felt it was ok to arm the Mexican drug dealers and never trace the guns????????????????

Union thugs beat up on the black tparty guy and received no media repurcussions?
Obama. He said they show up with a knife we show up with a gun.

but that was rhetoric. When a republican says "don’t be nice" that isn’t rhetoric. that is goading people to unspeakable violence. It means they want someone beaten to a bloody pulp because republicans are dangerous mean violent people.

Republicans try to slow down spending and they are terrorists. Liberals try to stop a bill being passed in Wisconsin, and the break the capital and issue death threats, it is "democracy in action"

Old 08-16-2011, 12:30 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,767,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Can someone provide me an actual quote from him where he is advocating violence?
"Perry told supporters at the end of his first full day campaigning in Iowa that he wasn't a big fan of the head of the Fed, and suggested that Texans would probably beat Bernanke up if he prints anymore money before the next election."

First paragraph.

Stupid saying. He comes off way too casual with his remarks.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:32 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,563,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Rick Perry Wants to Get Ugly With Ben Bernanke - Yahoo! News

It didn't take long for Rick Perry to prove that he's a right wing kook, and a potentially dangerous one at that.

Straight out of the playbook of fascism, Perry goes out and suggest that his political targets are enemies of the state and that violence could be one way of dealing with them.

Christ, where does the right wing insanity end?
For the teabagger terrorists, violence is always the answer.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I am glad that fool is running for POTUS. Perhaps it is an act of God as he will no longer be the governor of my state and will also not be the POTUS. Perry needs to go sit down somewhere or kneel, whichever he prefers. Thank you Rick Perry for exposing the nut cases that are running things here in Texas! Perhaps now we can make some progress.

Ha! Texas is being run quite well thank you very much! I live here too. Perry has had his false starts, but the state is in far better condition than it could be had we been left with insane liberals spending money we dont have and doing damage to the business community like so many other states are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies