Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 01:15 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times

Advertisements

Regardless of any other threads, why are the vast majority of murdered African Americans killed by other African Americans?

Interestingly enough, most white murder victims were killed by whites.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub...ent/cv0842.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 01:30 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Ad nauseum, we see someone start a thread, nearly on a daily basis, that is meant only to denigrate African Americans. Other threads are meant to illuminate the perception of the dangerous Black man, or the crime against the poor, persecuted Whites.

Tell me, if you are not African American why does this happen? Why is it that in 2011, we still have hate crimes happening and victims singled out because of race?

It's not just Blacks, either. In PA, a few years back it was a Mexican. And the perps got off scot free. In SD or anywhere near reservations, it's Native Americans.

What is it that drives this fear so much that they have to go hunt down a 'N'; beat them senseless then run over them until they are dead? What drives this fear and when the hell is it going to stop?

Feds join probe of alleged Mississippi hate killing - CNN.com
Why don't the Feds join the numerous murders in their backyard for example in DC or up 95 in Baltimore?

Old 08-17-2011, 01:44 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I know. I've personally experienced it. I attended a junior high that was > 80% African American during the early 70's. Though we were in Oklahoma, every time a big riot happened in Boston over bussing it would start elsewhere.

The riots that happened at my junior high often got bad. Cars overturned; kids in the hospital. Guess what? Things calmed down by HS, and I'm still friends with many of the same people. And to boot, anytime I ever needed someone to watch my back it was the Black kids who were there for me, not the White kids that I ran with. I never could figure that one out.

Now if anyone read my OP, I stated it gets tiring seeing the new threads posted daily that blame Blacks for everything that goes wrong. Have you also castigated them? If not, maybe you should ask yourself why.

I'm sick of seeing the threads that denigrate Blacks pop up on a daily basis.
There were no riots in Boston over busing

Old 08-17-2011, 02:03 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
There were no riots in Boston over busing

Quote:
A federal court found that in Boston, schools were constructed and school district lines drawn intentionally to segregate the schools racially. In the early 1970s, a series of court decisions found that the racially imbalanced schools trampled the rights of minority students. As a remedy, courts ordered the racial integration of school districts within individual cities, sometimes requiring the racial composition of each individual school in the district to reflect the composition of the district as a whole. This was generally achieved by transporting children by school bus to a school in a different area of the district.
Desegregation busing in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't live in Boston, but that is what we heard. Besides, I was just a kid.

Crap, I remember a T.V. special from the 80's or 90's that was about the Boston busing era, and angry White people. Were there riots? I wasn't there. There were a chit load of angry White people.

Regardless, there was a high degree of racial tension.

School busing 25 years later.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:49 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In miniscule numbers (less than 100 people total)

The Black Panthers did not go around lynching White people, while the Klan most certainly did lynch and murder Blacks with great regularity and in large numbers.
How many were lynched and how regularly?
500,000?
50,000?
5,000?
Every day?
Every week?
Every month?

Thanks.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:51 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How many were lynched and how regularly?
500,000?
50,000?
5,000?
Every day?
Every week?
Every month?

Thanks.

The saddest but not surpisingly part of your question is, your serious.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:55 PM

Actually what is sad is most people bleating on about it have no idea,beyond what TEEVEE tells them is true.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
When crimes cease to be categorized by race, then the race baiting stops.

A murder is a murder it doesn't matter what color skin covers the victim, or the criminals bones.

A white man murders a latino, a latino murders an asian, a black murders a white. The crime is the same - they are all equal. Murder. The skin color is irrelevant.

Crime has far more to do with socio-economics than "race". Education level and type of crime are more closely related than "race". Race is irrelevant with regard to criminal statistics. A "race" cannot commit a crime. A person commits a crime.

Press your government officials to remove "race" from categorizing humans on government forms, records, crime statistics, etc.

How often do you hear news reported where the 'race' of the criminal is mentioned. Is it necessary for them to report it if they show an image of the criminal?

It's all done to keep race baiting alive and humans separated and focused on superficial inconsequential matters like race.

It's how the lowest level of politics functions.

(Unless the purpose of committing a crime is based on race).

Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Actually what is sad is most people bleating on about it have no idea,beyond what TEEVEE tells them is true.

No, since that era, we've been allowed to read books.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM

Luckygem,If you do that,there is no way for some groups to feel special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies