Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Read the ACTUAL report

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/Data...10DataBook.pdf

Seriously, this is pure garbage people. Read the report, pay close attention to the methodology and the back tracking they do in their relation of findings. Its all speculation, assumption, and loose correlation.

More junk science.
Interesting since I heard the same I posted on the local FOX station here in Dallas, my news came from 2011 and yours from 2010, hmmmmmm I wonder who is not being totally honest
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 12:34 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Interesting since I heard the same I posted on the local FOX station here in Dallas, my news came from 2011 and yours from 2010, hmmmmmm I wonder who is not being totally honest
Casper
Really, it came from Fox? Well... I guess I will have to change my comments then! /boggle

I don't give a damn where the information was reported or how it was reported, I only care about the original sourcing and findings of the research, which.... shows this claim to be nothing more than shoddy statistical work and extremely poor skills in logical relation.

I provide you the actual source to your damn link, which by the way was nested through multiple pages to be able to finally find an original link which I had to search for on that agencies site (they didn't link to the research) and you argue stupid news agencies?

Here is a hint, the news is for idiots. Your response does nothing to argue your claim and in fact, it is more of an ignorant attempt to dismiss the weakness in your source through partisan political antics.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:53 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
To liberals, poverty means only having a 32" flatscreen TV and not a 50" flatscreen TV.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
For those of you that think Texas has no issues and that Perry is the best thing since sliced bread, maybe this will open your eyes to the fact that we do have some serious issues
Casper

Everybody knows Texas has issues.

But you left out most of the story... about poverty under Obama's leadership;

One in five American children now living in poverty according to new report

[LEFT]
Read more: Child poverty: 1 in 5 American children now living in poverty | Mail Online
[/LEFT]

Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Really, it came from Fox? Well... I guess I will have to change my comments then! /boggle

I don't give a damn where the information was reported or how it was reported, I only care about the original sourcing and findings of the research, which.... shows this claim to be nothing more than shoddy statistical work and extremely poor skills in logical relation.

I provide you the actual source to your damn link, which by the way was nested through multiple pages to be able to finally find an original link which I had to search for on that agencies site (they didn't link to the research) and you argue stupid news agencies?

Here is a hint, the news is for idiots. Your response does nothing to argue your claim and in fact, it is more of an ignorant attempt to dismiss the weakness in your source through partisan political antics.
I would try discussing this further with you but since you do not seem to have any self control I already know I will just get another rambling rant like the above in return. Too bad, maybe you will learn the art of discussion one of these days.
Casper

Old 08-18-2011, 01:47 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,388 times
Most people who vote Republican are voting for a beauty contestant.
They have no idea about the issues. Bachmann and Perry are pretty, we should vote for them. They could be dumber than dirt, but this is how they think and how they vote.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:55 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Low wages, job leaving America pay higher than bullcrap walmart and McDonalds coming in. America can't create job and small business jobs are usually slave wages outside of management.

Outsourcing is the real issue here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 08-18-2011, 02:56 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Perry has little to nothing to close our borders, so there is plenty o blame to go around there, the issue will come up and it will look bad for Perry.
Casper
Perry is a state governor, the last time a state's governor made an effort to close their border with Mexico the hood rat in chief had the US sue the state to block their actions. Protecting our borders is one of the few things the federal government actually should spend our money on and they fail miserably at it.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:08 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
I would try discussing this further with you but since you do not seem to have any self control I already know I will just get another rambling rant like the above in return. Too bad, maybe you will learn the art of discussion one of these days.
Casper
Self Control, yes... Tolerance for obviously devious responses, no.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:20 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Low wages, job leaving America pay higher than bullcrap walmart and McDonalds coming in. America can't create job and small business jobs are usually slave wages outside of management.

Outsourcing is the real issue here.
Slave wages, indeed. I can't really see how we aren't going to end up looking like parts of Brazil. Don't you just love the idea of gated communities surrounded by favelas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies