Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times

Advertisements

For those of you that think Texas has no issues and that Perry is the best thing since sliced bread, maybe this will open your eyes to the fact that we do have some serious issues and Perry has not done much to hep wit the issue but in fact is part of the problem. Is this what you want for the Nation?

Study finds one of every four Texas children lives in poverty

State still leads U.S. in rate of uninsured youngsters.

Study finds one of every four Texas children lives in poverty - San Antonio Express-News

Read more: Study finds one of every four Texas children lives in poverty - San Antonio Express-News

Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Perry has allowed Texas to be a sanctuary state for illegals. Much of that childhood poverty is the result of people coming over the border to have babies who will qualify the family for food stamps, WIC and many welfare handouts.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:02 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Got Mexicans?

Old 08-18-2011, 08:14 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Perry has allowed Texas to be a sanctuary state for illegals. Much of that childhood poverty is the result of people coming over the border to have babies who will qualify the family for food stamps, WIC and many welfare handouts.
Except in farming communities, that issue alone will hurt Perry the most here in west Texas. If however he is the GOP nominee, the other side of that coin is Obama who has led the legal battles to fight any state who wanted to protect themself from the onslought of illegals.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Except in farming communities, that issue alone will hurt Perry the most here in west Texas. If however he is the GOP nominee, the other side of that coin is Obama who has led the legal battles to fight any state who wanted to protect themself from the onslought of illegals.
Perry has little to nothing to close our borders, so there is plenty o blame to go around there, the issue will come up and it will look bad for Perry.
Casper

Old 08-18-2011, 11:08 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Perry has little to nothing to close our borders, so there is plenty o blame to go around there, the issue will come up and it will look bad for Perry.
Casper
Actually by not closing the borders Perry is assisted among illegals and Mexican-Americans. If the election does come down to Obama or Perry and the issue of child poverty in Texas comes up, both men can be shown to have added to it. Who added to it more can be argued either way.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Liberal these days can't seem to stop talking about Texas. Guess it's a top Google search these days. Doesn't matter how many of these pathetic posts liberals put up here, Obama is gone gone gone. Thank God !! Oops, sorry liberal atheists.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:22 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Yes, it is all true. I myself have four children. My youngest, Legalsea III, is very, very poor. Seven years old and without any money at all, to speak of.

The older siblings are not poverty stricken for the simple reason they accept their weekly 'allowance' (another term for welfare). I'm afraid my disgust shows on my face each week they come up to me, stupid grins and their shiny faces, holding out their grubby hands for the money I earned. As I hand each child (all girls) their 'allowance', I usually make some snide remark such as "Give my regards to Obama!" or "This money would have saved a starving child!" They care not.

Ah, but Legalsea III! He refuses all handouts of any type. Even if I were to offer him money (which I don't) I know he would scorn it. I believe he does steal from his older sisters, but as he often says, "It is no crime to steal from the wealthy".

Anyway, it is sad, his being one of the one-in-four child in poverty. He grows weaker by the day, since he has no money to contribute to the weekly groceries that his mother buys. I did give him an old shovel that I found in the street, so he could do his homework on it by the fireside, like Ol' Abe did. I personally think the flat side of a shovel makes for poor paper, but if it was good enough for Lincoln, it is good enough for my son and heir. Perhaps he will grown up and free the economic slaves of this country.

This all had something to do with Governor Perry, but I forget what.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:38 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
The only people that should be concerned with the poverty rate of children in Texas are THEIR PARENTS. If you can't feed'em don't breed'em.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:51 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
For those of you that think Texas has no issues and that Perry is the best thing since sliced bread, maybe this will open your eyes to the fact that we do have some serious issues and Perry has not done much to hep wit the issue but in fact is part of the problem. Is this what you want for the Nation?

Study finds one of every four Texas children lives in poverty

State still leads U.S. in rate of uninsured youngsters.

Study finds one of every four Texas children lives in poverty - San Antonio Express-News

Read more: Study finds one of every four Texas children lives in poverty - San Antonio Express-News

Casper

Read the ACTUAL report

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/Data...10DataBook.pdf

Seriously, this is pure garbage people. Read the report, pay close attention to the methodology and the back tracking they do in their relation of findings. Its all speculation, assumption, and loose correlation.

More junk science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies