Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 06:36 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,879,923 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure why your getting upset. Is it because we are on a "Viet Nam" thread and we're not discussing Korea?

Start a Korean thread. I'll participate. But this thread is on Viet Nam, not the civil war, not WWI, not WWII, and not Korea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 01:28 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,898,119 times
every veteran should be honoured for their personal sacrifice... no matter WHAT war.. I think having a vietnam veteran holiday is fantastic.. Many persons sign up for the military.. and in the past.. many didn't have a choice they were drafted... nonetheless.. they were doing their duty.. even if they were sent by politicians we like or don't like.. agree or disagree with.. If a war makes you mad... challenge the people you elect.. not the people doing their duty.. with their hearts in the right place.. having faith in their nation..
my values are liberal and I believe that is a beautiful thing... and nobody has any right to attack these service men and women.. They did what you and I didn't.. or couldnt...

Old 09-03-2007, 02:17 PM

113 posts, read 331,968 times
Well I care about your dad. And, I honor him on Veterans' Day in November. The older I get the more I care...you will find that...the older we get. Except in Tennessee...people are very cool. I am a vet as well as my husband who served in Nam "in country" and in the Tonkin Gulf as well. We went to church one day and were ordered to go forward as veterans...along w/the other folks the whole service was a tribute "under God" of course. Another time, as a foster mom, I went to my littler girl's middle school invitation here in /E Tenn. ...There was a school assembly in honor of Veteran's Day. She saw me come in and waved her hand at me in the middle of her chorus lineup. I got to stand up as a teriffic young orchestra played Anchor's Aweigh...not much Navy around here! and people clapped and cheered, we had lunch there w/other vets...young and old. AMAZING. INCREDIBLE. Wouldn't this be great for your father or my husband or the young people in hospitals right now. There has to be support for people to do things... let it begin with me...if I can be so corny... I really don't want to anger anyone. I support the troops past and present and try to compensate for the negative like my compatriots being spat on...Okay...my husband he says...why a day for Viet Nam? He says it would have to be for every war...fine with me. He says, only the government takes off and other businesses and people don't properly observe Veterans' Day...he wants more for what we already have reserved for the present Veterans's Day. Viet Nam vets are often singled out now because the country ruined their homecoming and in many cases a Lot More than that. No offense to you. Thank you, family of a Korean Vet.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:25 PM

113 posts, read 331,968 times
Also, we remember the Last Days of that war...the people climbing on the fences and the choppers and ...well I will stop....we remember the way it ended. we remember the people.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:20 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,228,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl View Post
No good bye.
My father fought in the Battle of Choson Reservoir as a U.S. Marine and while no one seems to have given a damn about the people who died there, and it remains largely forgotten...many of Korea's veterans are still alive.
Wow, "the Frozen Choson." I had a sergeant in Nam who remembered being taken POW there, and told us some horrific stories

Hats off to your dad.

We HONOR his service!

Old 09-04-2007, 03:00 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,390,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Tennessee is the first state in the union to proclaim March 29th, Vietnam Veterans Day.
2008 will mark start of annual Vietnam Veterans Day

Other states are thinking about it.

Do you support a national Vietnam Veterans day?
Good for Tennessee! Our Vietnam Veterans deserve a day honoring their service.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:56 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,303,816 times
Default New York State is now starting the process.

Quote:
Tennessee is the first state in the union to proclaim March 29th, Vietnam Veterans Day.
2008 will mark start of annual Vietnam Veterans Day

Other states are thinking about it.

Do you support a national Vietnam Veterans day?
New York State is now starting the process.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Good for Tennessee! Our Vietnam Veterans deserve a day honoring their service.
Thank you!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:40 AM

Default This event in Crossville, Tenn. is coming along very nicely.

This event in Crossville, Tenn. is coming along very nicely.
[b]If any one wants details about this event, please send me an DM for more info. (Mod Cut & Edit)

Last edited by ontheroad; 11-09-2007 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: Not advisable to include email/telephone nbrs.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:52 PM

308 posts, read 709,714 times
Quote:
Please turn on your computer's speakers, before pressing the U-Tube link.

Vietnam War Vet Tribute

YouTube - Vietnam War Vet Tribute

Still in Saigon

YouTube - Still in Saigon

Thanks for the videos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies