Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 01:06 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well heck, she gave him 2 minutes...which is a lot more than a republican would get in a similar "interview" on Chris "Tingle Down My Leg" Matthews' show.
I much prefer Ann Colter, she wants to hear the answer before she pounces. Just as devastaing but more courteous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 01:09 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It is hard for me to understand why people keep electing dishonest representatives back to office again and again.
It's sort of the same mystery of why many women seek bad guys. I have no idea but do expect it to get much worse.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
I believe a term limit should be enforced for all political offices. You can serve 2 terms and that's it.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:50 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
It's sort of the same mystery of why many women seek bad guys. I have no idea but do expect it to get much worse.
Maybe it's the same psychological pathology but on a larger scale.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:35 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
Please, don't insult snakes by comparing them to the revolting Charlie Rangel!
I'm from NYC and if this thing was struck and killed by lightening today, I would consider it wonderful news.

Rangel is the prototype of what is wrong with NYC, and this country. The f-ing prototype.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:40 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
No, it wasn't a debate. It was all smackdown. A debate gives equal time for each one to talk. I bet she talked for 7+ of the 9+ minutes.
She asked him on the show for his views, and then went on the attack like a blood-crazed shark!

I don't like Mr. Rangel's politics either. But, the man tried to answer and Laura Ingraham never let him put more than 5 words together,
before she asked him another question. I counted 16 questions at 5 + minutes. She kept interrupting his answers with more questions.

I have no problems with tough questions, but have the courtesy to let someone answer. She is supposed to be a host.
It wasn't meant to be an interview, it was meant to be an opportunity for each of them to pander to their favored audiences:

1-for Laura, it was the chance to spank a low-life, sleazy far left criminal democratic congressman and get the right-wingers in OK and AZ cheering

2-for Charlie, it was a chance to get the far left, not-very-bright democratic supporters in harlem and other black/minority communities around the US who keep voting for dogshyte like him even though they know he's a crook because he is "one of them", a more polished Al Sharpton.

He had no reason to even appear on Fox news except to try and **** off the mostly right-wing audience, and get the "brothers" hooting and hollering back on 170th street in harlem or East NY, Bed Stuy or other mostly-black lousy neighborhood.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:29 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It is hard for me to understand why people keep electing dishonest representatives back to office again and again.
If you met the kind of people involve in the voting, you would get a pretty good idea.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:15 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
I believe a term limit should be enforced for all political offices. You can serve 2 terms and that's it.
And how many times have you voted for the same person?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
No, it wasn't a debate. It was all smackdown. A debate gives equal time for each one to talk. I bet she talked for 7+ of the 9+ minutes.
She asked him on the show for his views, and then went on the attack like a blood-crazed shark!

I don't like Mr. Rangel's politics either. But, the man tried to answer and Laura Ingraham never let him put more than 5 words together,
before she asked him another question. I counted 16 questions at 5 + minutes. She kept interrupting his answers with more questions.

I have no problems with tough questions, but have the courtesy to let someone answer. She is supposed to be a host.
I don't agree with you very often but on this you are 100% correct...+1

Old 08-20-2011, 02:56 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And how many times have you voted for the same person?
twice. billy clinton and al *****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies