Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 07:41 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Don't you think if he is eligible to receive those horrible Medicare payments, they would have checked his credentials before allowing him to become a provider?
Do you think there is no fraud? Besides, from the linked article:

Minnesota is one of the few states where you can practice therapy without a license...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 07:41 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Since when does your undergrad degree have to be the same as your doctorate?
She's a lawyer with tax law as a speciality.

The IRS was her bread and butter.

She will always love the IRS.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:44 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Do you think there is no fraud? Besides, from the linked article:

Minnesota is one of the few states where you can practice therapy without a license...
So what? Just b/c he doesn't need a license does not mean he is acting fraudulently.

What I am saying is that if he has been accepted as a provider to receive Medicare payments for providing services to Medicare patients, he has passed whatever requirements are needed for becoming a provider. It's not as easy as just calling up and asking for a provider number.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Since when does your undergrad degree have to be the same as your doctorate?
Pile it Higher and Deeper, man. (Phd)

Old 08-19-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
So what? Just b/c he doesn't need a license does not mean he is acting fraudulently.

What I am saying is that if he has been accepted as a provider to receive Medicare payments for providing services to Medicare patients, he has passed whatever requirements are needed for becoming a provider. It's not as easy as just calling up and asking for a provider number.
Please follow what I said initially - that there are questions about his doctorate. You seem to be going off in a different direction.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:58 PM

898 posts, read 827,647 times
Good God but you lefties are insane.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Please follow what I said initially - that there are questions about his doctorate. You seem to be going off in a different direction.
No, it's not a different direction. The gov't is not in the habit of handing out payments to doctors who are fake. I understand most people do not have experience in becoming a provider on a health care plan, but I do and it's not a walk in the park. You have to prove your credentials to become a provider. If there are questions about his Ph.D., then they would never have approved him, much less for however many years he's been in practice.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
No, it's not a different direction. The gov't is not in the habit of handing out payments to doctors who are fake. I understand most people do not have experience in becoming a provider on a health care plan, but I do and it's not a walk in the park. You have to prove your credentials to become a provider. If there are questions about his Ph.D., then they would never have approved him, much less for however many years he's been in practice.
....again, you do not need a Phd to practice in that state. I pointed it out in an earlier post. His practice was not called into question but his PhD was. To become a provider, you do not need a Phd. He very well may be able to walk the walk - that I did not dispute.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Read the post above yours....LMAO!
So what? It's still considered a doctorate degree. Juris DOCTOR. Just b/c there is dispute about it does not mean it's not what it is. I also see no evidence in the form of links or citations that shows Bachmann actually requesting to go by "Dr." or actually calling herself that. Do you?

Now, I did not respond to this originally b/c I have you on ignore. And back you go.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
She has a J.D. obtained in 1986. That entitles her to use the title of "Doctor". Not all "doctors" are Ph.D.'s or MD's.

You should do some of your own research before posting this kind of inaccuracy.
Actually, no it doesn't. Not at all.

Bachmann is a pathological liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies