Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 03:21 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,067,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The death penalty has proven to be 100% effective at preventing repeat offenses, which child molesters are particularly known for doing. As for the wild west .... it actually wasn't so wild ... that's the Hollywood version. Contrary to popular belief, the Old West was quite civil by comparison to today's inner cities, any one of which has a murder rate exponentially higher than the entirety of the country combined back in the day. There wasn't a lot of horse stealing in those days, because no one wanted to hang from the end of a rope for doing it. it was a significant deterrent. And a society in which most everyone carried and knew how to use a gun tended to encourage more polite public behavior too. A well armed society is a polite society .... and those who refused to be polite and good citizens generally didn't remain nuisances for long.

But, as I have already said, the death penalty isn't necessary, nor would I advocate it in any situation other than one where there was unquestionable proof of guilt, which is not often the case.

Personally, I'd prefer incarceration, castration, and a large tattoo of a "P" on the perps forehead. That way, upon release, he doesn't have the equipment to use as a weapon again .. nor the ability to disguise himself as a harmless member of society. Everyone would be able to at least identify the known molesters on sight.
He could grow bangs, wear a wig, wear make-up, and use a broom handle...because rape isn't necessarily about sex...oh, and this time he may just kill the victim to eliminate the witness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 03:37 PM

14,815 posts, read 8,461,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 328 of 1931

750.520h Corroboration of victim's testimony not required.
Sec. 520h.

The testimony of a victim need not be corroborated in prosecutions under sections 520b to 520g.
That means nothing. That only means that witness testimony doesn't require corroborating evidence to be admissible .... which is generally true to begin with in any case.

Show me a case where someone was convicted based solely on one witness's testimony, without corroborating evidence.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:38 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,565,938 times
Quote:
The death penalty has proven to be 100% effective at preventing repeat offenses, which child molesters are particularly known for doing. As for the wild west .... it actually wasn't so wild ... that's the Hollywood version. Contrary to popular belief, the Old West was quite civil by comparison to today's inner cities, any one of which has a murder rate exponentially higher than the entirety of the country combined back in the day. There wasn't a lot of horse stealing in those days, because no one wanted to hang from the end of a rope for doing it. it was a significant deterrent. And a society in which most everyone carried and knew how to use a gun tended to encourage more polite public behavior too. A well armed society is a polite society .... and those who refused to be polite and good citizens generally didn't remain nuisances for long.

But, as I have already said, the death penalty isn't necessary, nor would I advocate it in any situation other than one where there was unquestionable proof of guilt, which is not often the case.

Personally, I'd prefer incarceration, castration, and a large tattoo of a "P" on the perps forehead. That way, upon release, he doesn't have the equipment to use as a weapon again .. nor the ability to disguise himself as a harmless member of society. Everyone would be able to at least identify the known molesters on sight.

As for "studying" pedophilia ... I have no problem with those who choose to study it. I just have a problem with those who choose to marginalize it ... explain it as something less than the the heinous act that it is, which seems to be the general theme of those who want to diagnose it as a birth defect. Study all you want ... just use inmates as the study group.
But if one doesn't find out why people do what they do in the first place, death penalty, incarceration etc. are only a reaction when there has been at least one victim already. Even if you managed to do away with all repeat offenders, there would still be countless new offenders all the time, generation after generation.

I don't know if it is a curable psychological problem or not. But one has to find out as pedophilia is a huge problem, with a lot of cases, probably the huge majority, never even being detected because of the taboo.

Mass incarceration is also not the solution because of the incredible scope of that problem and the fact that oftentimes it is the father, who happens to provide the family income.

It is a complex problem and there simply is no simple solution to it.

What I think is contributing to the problem is the nucleus family, where children are alone with one adult too often. I think that in homes where there are many people living under the same roof, pedophilia is less likely. Opportunity makes the child abuser, I suppose.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:49 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,909,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
But if one doesn't find out why people do what they do in the first place, death penalty, incarceration etc. are only a reaction when there has been at least one victim already. Even if you managed to do away with all repeat offenders, there would still be countless new offenders all the time, generation after generation.

I don't know if it is a curable psychological problem or not. But one has to find out as pedophilia is a huge problem, with a lot of cases, probably the huge majority, never even being detected because of the taboo.

Mass incarceration is also not the solution because of the incredible scope of that problem and the fact that oftentimes it is the father, who happens to provide the family income.

It is a complex problem and there simply is no simple solution to it.

What I think is contributing to the problem is the nucleus family, where children are alone with one adult too often. I think that in homes where there are many people living under the same roof, pedophilia is less likely. Opportunity makes the child abuser, I suppose.
Glad your not one of those working on the problem.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:52 PM

14,815 posts, read 8,461,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
He could grow bangs, wear a wig, wear make-up, and use a broom handle...because rape isn't necessarily about sex...oh, and this time he may just kill the victim to eliminate the witness
Okay ... you're very convincing. Have it your way ... Just kill em' then. That will work 100%

But don't go mixing things up ... rapists and child molesters are motivated by entirely different drives. Rape is an act of violence and rage, whereas the child molester is someone irresistibly attracted to children sexually. One is motivated by anger, the other motivated by deviate sexual desire. Big difference.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,313,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
No, that is incorrect they are still pedophiles. Whatever kind of pie in the sky subcategory or excuse you would like to use to rationalize their behavior is irrelevant in this instance.... Pedophiles in general are rare compared to the general population. What does that have to do with anything? They are still pedophiles who are attracted to adolescents and teens just like the rest.
Lay people may call them that but technically you are incorrect.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Well, you haven't defined your role in the world of psychiatry, so my critical comments are not directed at you .... you may indeed be a well meaning councilor/therapist for whom some people may derive some benefit from discussing their psychological stresses with. There certainly seems to be a need for such service for those struggling with life issues.

Yet, my comments about "psychiatry" as a practice of medicine have thus far been mild and reserved in order to foster dialog .... but "Conspiracy Theory"? No, no ... the truth is beyond anything remotely assignable to "theory'. The documented record is all too clear.

The reality is, if using terms like Snake Oil to define psychiatry seems unfair or overly harsh, it would only be unfair to Snake oil Salesmen everywhere, as they are merely selling useless remedies, whereas psychiatry has gone well beyond that, to the point of genocidal madness. Electroshock therapy .... lobotomy by ice pick through the eye sockets of patients .... drilling holes in people's heads for the same purpose of destroying brain tissue ... to the use of lobotomizing chemical compounds turning human beings into drooling zombies, with death a welcome relief. And that's just a starting point ... with a more insidious background and agenda at the heart of it all. So, I've indeed been overly generous and kind thus far.

It's no real mystery why psychiatry has failed to discover a viable therapy for sex offenders ... as this branch of pseudo-medical-science has not cured a single mental illness to date. The reality is, much of what is alleged to be forms of mental illness as defined by the drafters of the DSM is purely contrived nonsense, for the sole purpose of expanding psychiatry's customer base, and increasing pharmaceutical sales.

The worst part of this is that there is no rational way to attribute this to merely misguided ignorance, but in fact represents willful fraud that is well understood to be exactly that by the majority within the psychiatric profession. The vast majority within the profession stutter and stammer when confronted with simple questions like what methods and tests are used to diagnose "Chemical Imbalance" .... or "Bi-Polar" or "BPD" because they know the answer is "nothing". There are no tests .... no clinically or scientifically founded processes that identify these "ailments". It's all based on collective opinion only ... based on the politics of profit, not medical science.

The bottom line here is that the psychiatric establishment have labeled every conceivable manifestation of human behavior as a symptom of mental illness, and according to their DSM, there is no such thing as an asymptomatic human being .... each and every one of us are "mentally ill" as defined by one or more of the multitude of "ailments" created by these hucksters, with the DSM getting larger and larger with each new version.

As for psychiatry saving children from child predators .... fat chance. The real question is who is going to save the children from psychiatry's predatory practices of pharmacological child abuse, for which the ultimate goal is no child left un-medicated.

Yes you do seem to follow the Church of Scientology nonsense as well as conspiracy theories. LOL!

Old 08-30-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Every jurisdiction is different, and I can show you cases of suspended sentences, as well as sentencing that resulted in 60 days in jail. All you need to do is google "lenient sentencing for child molesters" and you'll have a lot of reading to do .... but of course, you're not interested in the truth ... your agenda is quite clear.

The FBI has a large database of such statistics dealing with heinous crimes.

Furthermore, the known statistics are much lower than actual, given the low report rate of such crimes that is estimated at 1-10%. Molestation of boys is significantly under reported in comparison to girls.

The 260 incident rate over a molester's lifetime and the 100 victims? Well, that was a conservative source, this source linked below shows that figure to be 280 instead of 260 ... in the case of boys ... 150 victims per homosexual child molester! The typical child molester who molests girls will commit 117 acts of crime in their lifetime .... as dreadful as that number is, it's less than half of the number for the creeps who attack little boys. And no one actually knows the REAL numbers, which are obviously way worse than those reported.

Child Molestation Statistics

The only thing absurd here is your inexplicable attempts to cover up and obfuscate this dastardly attack on children. Absurd and obscene. The real question is why? Why would you? Because you're a homosexual liberal? Because the truth paints homosexuals in a bad light? Why? Explain!
You use the FBI, but you refuse to accept the research their sex offender profiling is based on? The research that shows that the vast majority of child molestors are heterosexual in their adult sexual orientation?

Is this your anti-gay prejudice that leads you to be unable to accept the facts? Or does it have more to do with your Church of Scientology leanings that you have already shown us?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post

If you ever stumbled across the truth, you'd dust yourself off and go on as if you hadn't noticed.
Love it!

Old 08-30-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Kinsey doesn't need any assistance in looking bad. That depraved pedophile scumbag is the poster child for the depravity of human sexual pseudo-science, and the community of liberals who have and continue to glorify that animal. Of course, what do you expect from a community predisposed to unnatural sexual appetites for children.

That explains all of the defending, excuse making, marginalizing, and distorting of facts, now, doesn't it?

I mean, what other explanation is there? Oh, just the kinder, gentler nature of compassionate liberals to forgive and forget? Right.
There you go ranting on again with your far right fringe nonsense with no basis in reality.

Is that what "auditing" for "thetans" does to a person's brain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies