U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-23-2011, 10:50 AM

3,949 posts, read 1,713,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Everytime Barack Obama disparages "corporate jet owners," the corporate jet industry takes a hit. Which demonstrates that the President is more attuned to Class Warfare than he is to business success. If our President is more inclined to fight against those who produce jobs, then how can you say "who cares about you keeping your business plan on hold?" I'm of the opinion that those jobs created by new business ventures are what the President should be fighting for, not the other way around.

It really makes no sense.
The President is a Democrat, what do you expect? Of course he is going to say things that are attuned to class warfare. I just don't understand why people only talk about the Administration as if the previous Administrations didn't help us get to this point. As for me saying who cares about you putting your business on hold, I was giving you a hard time. I edited my post before I even saw any replies to mine, so I understand the importance of someone putting their business on hold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-23-2011, 10:51 AM

3,949 posts, read 1,713,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
If you care...vote against Obama.
It's all politics. The next person that gets in is going to screw us over too and do things that make us want to puke.

Unread 08-23-2011, 10:52 AM

14,286 posts, read 13,291,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
It's all politics. The next person that gets in is going to screw us over too and do things that make us want to puke.
When have you EVER seen things like they are now???

I did not always agree with Bush however, I put a lot of money in the system back then.

Unread 08-23-2011, 10:58 AM

1,460 posts, read 736,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
When have you EVER seen things like they are now???
Nobody born after 1920 has..This whole Libya, China smoke and mirror bullchit is really sarting to pizz me off...four dollar a gallon gas..9.2 unemployement and this conceded jackass says he will unveil his economic jobs/recovery plan after his vacation...

Hey Obama..ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID...ITS THE ECONOMY RIGHT NOW STUPID!!!!!...NOT WHEN YOUR DONE PLAYING GOLF, STUPID AZZHOLE!!!!!

How anybody brain washed or not can defend this dumbass is beyond me

Unread 08-23-2011, 11:05 AM

10,964 posts, read 3,515,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't care who sits in the White House as long as they have a fundamental understanding of how business confidence in America works. Yes, this typically is someone with an (R) behind their name. Barack Obama does not possess business acumen, so he must go.
What's really funny here is you are lamenting about "How business confidence in America works" while the Republicans in Congress by their own admission took the full faith and credit of the United States "Hostage" during the negotiations for the deficit reduction legistlation that was linked to raising the debt ceiling.

Unread 08-23-2011, 11:10 AM

10,964 posts, read 3,515,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Make no mistake about it , somebody is getting rich in this economy and some body will be richer because of the recession, to do nothing is to go backwards.
Exactly!

Unread 08-23-2011, 11:11 AM

20,948 posts, read 8,092,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What's really funny here is you are lamenting about "How business confidence in America works" while the Republicans in Congress by their own admission took the full faith and credit of the United States "Hostage" during the negotiations for the deficit reduction legistlation that was linked to raising the debt ceiling.
The deficit reduction debates were not productive for anyone. But I think it's only being half-truthful to suggest that Republicans are responsible for the "hostage" situation. I don't recall Barack Obama or Democrats compromising for the good of the country either.

Unread 08-23-2011, 11:20 AM

1,460 posts, read 736,034 times
Quote:

Telling someone you cant spend more then you earn, telling someone you cant borrow your way out of your own debt...Is somehow holding the nation "hostage"????????????? See how incredibly stupid that sounds? How this can be even argued is ridiculous.

Tax all the rich 100% and it will change what we owe by 1%, then everyone can be out of a job.....Morons!!!!

Unread 08-23-2011, 11:21 AM

4,996 posts, read 1,813,315 times
Quote:
I think a lot of people would name the Democratic Party and the Republican Party as two of the lousiest organizations in the country. Whereas certain elements of the Republican party caused us alarm for a few weeks during the debt/deficit debate, Obama and the Democrat party have been in a non-stop war on business confidence for three years.

Works and Days » Atlas Is Sorta Shrugging

Unread 08-23-2011, 11:24 AM

14,404 posts, read 7,887,972 times
This thread is nothing more than the rantings of a "good ole boy" who is lamenting the loss of corporate welfare and overt cronyism which are the mainstays of the typical Obama-bashing flapjaws. Nothing more. The only reason that a business person would "hold out" on their fantabulously spectacular big time money making idea would be if it 1) it really is that great to begin with or 2) they are not receiving the "kick backs" and back room deals that they normally would under an (R) administration or 3) they aren't able to do business with regualtions in place to protect the general public and need "lose" regulations to be able to cut costs by polluting the environment, being lax on safety with workers, etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies