Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 01:39 PM

4,000 posts, read 10,814,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Republican party operates on three levels (1) At the top: the wealthy who drive the real agenda of the Republican party which is to make certain that they receive the most advantageous tax policies for persoanl and corporate wealth (2) In the middle: Christian fundamentalists who drive the faux morality platform of the Republican party and (3) On the bottom: Poor and working class Whites who act as the foot soldiers of the Republican and Tea Party; the top riles up the bottom by using issues such as Affirmative Action and illegal immigration as the reasons that these people are on the bottom rung
Switch a few choice adjectives and you have the model for the Democrat party as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 01:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,263,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
the point, which you seen and know what it is, but hate to admit to, is that the Democrats believe that black people are poor and need welfare. So there for they believe blacks are separate then whites.
I do think you do have a valid point. I think there is a big difference between "limousine" liberals and working class liberals. Limousine liberals, we call them North Shore liberals in Chicago, tend to push more for welfare and tend to make apologies for deadbeats. Working class liberals have little love for lazy welfare cheats, perhaps because they are exposed to them at a much higher rate than the limousine liberals.

I do think that treating adults of a certain race like children is racist. If you have zero expectations and faith that an able bodied adult from a certain race can progress, than yes, you are correct, that is racist. However this view is not widely held by your average working class liberal, and even less by working class democrats.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,204,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I was going to bring this up as well. It makes no sense that they would vote for a Democrat unless they care more about a spending free-for-all than they do about social conservatism.
Or if the Republicans were, year after year, hostile to the interests of black people and called them every derogatory name in the book. In addition to depicting them as people who care more for a spending free-for-all than they do about social conservatism.

Gee, why would blacks join up with a political party whose members slap them in the face every day?

Old 08-20-2011, 01:42 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,950,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I sincerely hope that we can avoid any discussion of the supposed racism of Republicans/conservatives/Tea Party members in this thread.

I'm white but I truly believe the Democrats coddle the black population. This is not just in the form of welfare payments, although the disproportion with which blacks receive welfare is an issue, but Dems also push policies such as Affirmative Action and other social programs that are not related to welfare.
Strange you ask for an absence of Republicans being called racist, and you then post some of the favorite racist ideas that Conservatives trumpet.

Are Conservative really blind of their racism??

Old 08-20-2011, 01:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,468,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I do think you do have a valid point. I think there is a big difference between "limousine" liberals and working class liberals. Limousine liberals, we call them North Shore liberals in Chicago, tend to push more for welfare and tend to make apologies for deadbeats. Working class liberals have little love for lazy welfare cheats, perhaps because they are exposed to them at a much higher rate than the limousine liberals.

I do think that treating adults of a certain race like children is racist. If you have zero expectations and faith that an able bodied adult from a certain race can progress, than yes, you are correct, that is racist. However this view is not widely held by your average working class liberal, and even less by working class democrats.
This statement hits the mark! (except we call them Malibu Liberals here )

Old 08-20-2011, 01:43 PM

956 posts, read 1,111,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Or if the Republicans were, year after year, hostile to the interests of black people and called them every derogatory name in the book. In addition to depicting them as people who care more for a spending free-for-all than they do about social conservatism.

Gee, why would blacks join up with a political party whose members slap them in the face every day?
Typical *******; playing the race card...

A Time for TEAHAD - YouTube

Old 08-20-2011, 01:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,468,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Strange you ask for an absence of Republicans being called racist, and you then post some of the favorite racist ideas that Conservatives trumpet.

Why yes, they are.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:44 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,069,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

But, even if the individuals that support the Democratic Party on this issue, the party its self uses this as a way to try and say the Republicans are racist.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:47 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,059,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I interact with a lot of black people. I have been told by most of them that they perceive the Republican Party as racist. I don't think that most Republicans are racists -- with a hard "r" -- but I can see how they draw that conclusion. Rush Limbaugh calls a new oreo cookie an Obam-eo... seriously? Pray tell, what point was he trying to make with that?
Do you know how many time's i've heard Army grunts talking politics around the lunch table? Do you know how many times i've felt like asking them to talk about issues that they actually know something about? For that reason, I can't help but to believe your interaction with black people regarding politics is the same old misinformed spew that i've heard countless times over the course of my lifetime.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:47 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,832,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

So, in your eyes, anyone who tells the truth is racist...? Now I have you all figured out..!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies