Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 12:34 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Replicative inference, man.

Like, a construct, or something.

Christians only condemn what the Bible condemns, even if by interpretation alone.

That's like, why, uh, homocidal sex is also condemned.

It's all done by inference.
Homosexuality is absolutely condemned in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
What is your opinion on how involved we should be with Israel. I read an article on one of pauls support sites that was titled "the most prop Israel canidate". For the Christians we know how we are instructed to stand with Israel...Any Christians care to comment?

btw- I am a Christian Ron Paul Supporter.
The Bible tells us that "Those who bless Israel will be blessed, and those who curse Israel will be cursed". It doesn't say " Thou shalt give billions of American worker's tax dollars to Israel so they can buy American made military equipment from special interests".

I am also a Christian Ron Paul supporter.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:42 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Replicative inference, man.

Like, a construct, or something.

Christians only condemn what the Bible condemns, even if by interpretation alone.

That's like, why, uh, homocidal sex is also condemned.

It's all done by inference.
Not sure what you are talking about.
But I repeat, there is not reference or inference about smoking marijuana in the bible that I have ever heard of and although I don't attend religious services I have read their book a couple times.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
I don't know, man.

Christians can't support Ron Paul because the Bible condemns the use of marijuana.
Scripture reference please. I can't find any such condemnation. I find plenty about not becoming drunk, so I am confident that you are not supposed to get "stoned' on marijuana or anything else.

Further, nothing in the Bible against food, but gluttonly is a sin.
Nothing against rest, but slothfullness is a sin.
Etcetera, etcetera.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:09 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
What is your opinion on how involved we should be with Israel. I read an article on one of pauls support sites that was titled "the most prop Israel canidate". For the Christians we know how we are instructed to stand with Israel...Any Christians care to comment?

btw- I am a Christian Ron Paul Supporter.
What Paul suggest for Israel he is suggesting the same treatment for all countries and that is being neutral. What we have now is our gvt meddling in countries affairs the world over. In the forum recently appeared a story about how Obama wanted Israel to apologize to Turkey. I guess being the worlds policemen gives us the role of being tyrant and making demands.

Here is another example:

Quote:
Ron Paul's statement, released immediately after the speech, reflected the congressman's long held views against American leaders meddling in the affairs of other countries. “Israel is our close friend," the statement reads, "While President Obama’s demand that Israel make hard concessions in her border conflicts may very well be in her long-term interest, only Israel can make that determination on her own, without pressure from the United States or coercion by the United Nations." Obama

Paul argues that America must stop trying to rule the world and dictate policy to foreign capitals and bring its armies home from its endless wars. Warning that the country is facing annual deficits of $ 2 trillion the congressman's statement read in part, “Our military’s purpose is to defend our country, not to police the Middle East."
Read more on Newsmax.com: Ron Paul to Obama: Stop Dictating to Israel

Granted we do give them 3 billion{ and then some} a year but does that give us the morale high ground to tell them what do with their borders? Or to try to force them to apologize :
Israel on bended knee " I am sorry Turkey "
Turkey " we accept your apology don't do it again"

Our foreign policy is also schizophrenic for example :
Quote:
Paul has pointed out the absurdity of our policies. "We give $3 billion to Israel and $12 billion to her enemies."
With friends like us who needs enemies? If we started treating countries as neutrals and stop funding and meddling in their business it would benefit Israel. Considering they are all nuked up and could blow another country to smithereens if attacked.

If their is a world war we will be standing with Isreal along with the Brits, the French, the Germans etc, etc, etc, and our opponets will be Russia and China.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
I don't know, man.

Christians can't support Ron Paul because the Bible condemns the use of marijuana.
Where? I would like to see a specific verse that condemns the use of marijuana. By the way, supporting legalizing marijuana is not the same as supporting smoking marijuana.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:13 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
I don't know, man.

??????? Where did you get that little nugget of wisdom?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:37 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So only the irreligious should serve in government or otherwise involve themselves in the political affairs of the nation?
Nope, not at all. I'm religious and involved in government, it is possible to keep them separate like they should be. I don't like the idea of gov. and God getting mixed together because you never know who's God might happen to be in charge this week.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:54 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
I'm a Christian and I somewhat support Israel. I'm pretty confused about, "A Christian should support Israel" though. It certainly is no command of God that I do. The reason I support them is purely secular. Thay are the only democracy in the entire region and I will support them for that. AS far as massive retaliation that kills innocent men, women and children, I'm opposed to that.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:35 AM

313 posts, read 284,633 times
I can't believe people are this brainwashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies