Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,046 times

Advertisements

Wow... I am amazed people still are blaming immunizations for autism. Do your research. Also, if it were related to the shots, then why are autism rates also increasing in countries that DO NOT immunize? Try this... Pick 5 countries (at random) that do immunize and 5 that don't... look up the autism rates... can you see any major differences? I didn't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulf3 View Post
Wow... I am amazed people still are blaming immunizations for autism. Do your research. Also, if it were related to the shots, then why are autism rates also increasing in countries that DO NOT immunize? Try this... Pick 5 countries (at random) that do immunize and 5 that don't... look up the autism rates... can you see any major differences? I didn't think so.
How did you find a thread from 2 years ago,w/ your very first post on CD??

Old 01-28-2011, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,777 times
Default Autism

If you are interested in what might be causing the increase in autism, google, PFOS neurotoxology or PFOS contamination. It helps if you have a strong science background, but this stuff and the family of chemicals it comes from are found around the world and in virtually all people. It is extremely toxic and comes in food containers, shampoos, cosmetics, fire fighting foams, pesticides, rubber, fabrics, carpeting, etc. We are finding it in water, food and wildlife all around the globe. It has been banned in Europe and production has been discontinued in the U.S., but not in the rest of the world. Other producers have taken the place of U.S. manufactures. No definitive link to autism, but recent research is very interesting.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
With 1 in 160 or so children being diagnosed with some form of Autism there has to be some reason for the increase.

Could it be the toys from China? Wouldn’t the effects of lead poisoning be similar to Autism?

In the last 20 years the increase has been unbelievable. Growing up I never knew anyone that had a Autistic child, maybe some slow ones, but never like what I see now.

Several co-workers of mine have autistic children and my wife has co-workers with the same situations. What is causing it?

I have heard that it may be related to vaccinations, but with every child being vaccinated, why only some get autism?

Not every child puts their toys in their mouths, could it be that 1 in 160 do?

I don’t know if it is related to the toys from China, but I can guarantee I will never buy any toy made in China again. Mattel will never get another dime from me.

For all the money that the fat cats saved moving everything to China, what are the long term costs for all these Autistic kids going to cost the tax payer?
Government is too busy funding studies for endangered animals to worry about the increase in autism. Sad isn't it ?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:19 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Obviously Obama.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briarwood View Post
It's not lead. Lead-based paint has been a staple of American life before the mid-1970s. It wasn't until 1978 you couldn't find lead paint in the US. so explain why kids in the 50's and 60's didn't have autism?
Is there a correlation with sonic sightseeing during pregnancy?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:23 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
I'm from the deep south. I had never even heard of aspergers until a few years ago, and autism was something that Doug Flutie talked about on TV.

You know where I first started hearing about it? From transplants on this forum. People showing up from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, wanting to know if NC or SC had social services for their children with aspergers.

Now this could just be coincidence.. autism prevalence could be equal in all areas, and maybe some areas just don't have awareness of it, or lack the reporting and diagnosis of it.. but I have great skepticism about that.

To test my theory, I recently looked up autism rates by state. There was a clear geographic distribution of higher levels of autism in New England and the northeast, and just colder states in general (Minnesota and Oregon were very high, if i recall).

I'm no epidemiologist, and I have no idea what causes it, but i suspect that it is not genetic.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I'm from the deep south. I had never even heard of aspergers until a few years ago, and autism was something that Doug Flutie talked about on TV.

You know where I first started hearing about it? From transplants on this forum. People showing up from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, wanting to know if NC or SC had social services for their children with aspergers.

Now this could just be coincidence.. autism prevalence could be equal in all areas, and maybe some areas just don't have awareness of it, or lack the reporting and diagnosis of it.. but I have great skepticism about that.

To test my theory, I recently looked up autism rates by state. There was a clear geographic distribution of higher levels of autism in New England and the northeast, and just colder states in general (Minnesota and Oregon were very high, if i recall).

I'm no epidemiologist, and I have no idea what causes it, but i suspect that it is not genetic.
Hmmm - Where can I get me some of them Southern genes?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I would bet that the increease in drug and others is a much more likel;y thing really. That incudes the use of so mnay presecribed drug now days.It ;IOMO;like balming the demand for fatting foods on those who supply them in out weight probelms.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:02 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Hmmm - Where can I get me some of them Southern genes?

Maybe you don't know what the words "NOT GENETIC" mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies