Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 10:42 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
We often hear people say, it is the bad cops who give all the good ones a black eye.
The truth is there are no more good cops.
The reason for that is the Blue Code.
It is a code every cop abides by, and is the very definition of corruption.
It is the reason every cop feels secure in their actions regardless of how dastardly they may be.
They know their fellow officers will lie, commit perjury, falsify evidence, and do what ever it takes to cover up the wrong doings of their brother officers.
So long as this code exists, all officers are accomplices of the crimes their fellow officers commit.
It is little wonder cops are so afraid of the evidence a camera or a video camera represents. It is the one tool the public has to expose the lies and corruption that exist on such a grand scale in today’s police forces.
Until the Blue Code is eliminated, and cops are aggressively prosecuted for participating in the practice, no citizen is safe from the abuses of power we see daily in our cities.
The penalty for covering up the crimes of bad cops should be the same as the crime itself.
Until that day comes, there are no good cops.
Go ride along with some cops that work Child Endangerment. You'll go hone feeling like a whipped pup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Apparently, you are under the impression you know what I think. I'm afraid you don't.

Oh, and I've lived in several small towns, and was never harassed. Not my fault you think you can careen all over the road, and then get indignant when the police have the audacity to do their job.
Who said anything about careening all over the road and getting indignant? Not me. Now your getting desperate. No comment on my link? I didn't think so. Reality is a tough pill to swallow sometimes.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Go ride along with some cops that work Child Endangerment. You'll go hone feeling like a whipped pup.
Why are cops working child endangerment? That is the DHS job. Or are they just providing protection for the stormtroopers to steal folks children?

Old 08-22-2011, 11:35 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who said anything about careening all over the road and getting indignant? Not me. Now your getting desperate. No comment on my link? I didn't think so. Reality is a tough pill to swallow sometimes.
What link?

Quote:
Why are cops working child endangerment? That is the DHS job. Or are they just providing protection for the stormtroopers to steal folks children?
Stealing children from abusive crackheads? Well, then stormtroop away.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times
Quote:
You're pretty dense. I'm done with you.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
This is the bottom line, there are certain deviant physiological types that are drawn to positions of power to facilitate their needs such as pedophiles are drawn to pre-schools and churches. Police are no exception, police work, like the military offers an attractive outlet and cover for those in society who receive satisfaction from violence.
The Code does exist.
It provides cover for the psychopaths along with good cops who from time to time will make an honest mistake. Some on this thread have denied it exists, and others have said it used to exist, but does no more.
The headlines in places like Fullerton CA show not only does the violence continue, but the internal cover-ups as well. I would like to believe that this is beginning to change, perhaps it is. However, change only happens with awareness.
Hopefully this thread has provided some from both sides. Some were offended by the title, but that was on purpose, offensive titles tend to encourage response.
Thanks to all who participated.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:12 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
My argument is not that all cops comit crimes, it is that they all, at best turn their heads and ignore the wrong doings of those who do.

In recent times, we have seen cops sodomize a man in NY, Shoot a man watering his lawn, taze a mentally ill man to death, taze an 8-year-old boy, and several other disturbing crimes against citizens.
Name one instant where one of the attending officers filed any kind of report, or took any action to bring the facts of any of these cases to justice, and I will recant my entire statement.
Until then it stands.
We have a dangerous culture of cover up and corruption in police departments from coast to coast.
All? Really? What a broad brush you paint (that slogan was just for you).

Since you're making accusations against cops that can't defend themselves, in situations who's details are so vague they can't be researched, I'm going to assume that these examples are pure fabrication on your part.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Here is a good cop anymore. I was pulled over for having expired registration. It was I think a month or so past and just forgot to go down and get it registered. Cops says he's gonna give me a break cause he could tow my car bla bla bla then hands me a 300 dollar ticket. What a good cop. I guess I got lucky he didn't tow my car then arrest me for jaywalking across the road as I trudged home five miles. Thanks pig.
So on the one hand, you're all shrieking that cops aren't doing their jobs, and turning a blind eye to those that break the law. Then, you shriek that this cop DID do his job, and ticketed an admitted lawbreaker?

Can't have it both ways. You may call it "forgettfullnes", but as someone who makes sure I don't forget to pay my registration, I'm glad that cop did his job.

And since your example is nothing more than antectodal, I have one for you - I was going over the speed limit in a school zone, driving my MIL's car that did not have proof of registration or insurance. The cop gave me nothing but a warning, and told me to slow down and have a good day. If I had gotten a ticket, I would have blamed NOBODY BUT MYSELF. Not the cop. It wasn't his fault that I was in that situation.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:20 AM

I'm not "shrieking" about anything. Just giving MY opinion that cops have become revenue collectors for the state, county, city. Nowhere did I BLAME the cop.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
What prompted this broad brush thread today? Did you get arrested and think you had the right to treat the police like scum only to learn otherwise? That's what typically sparks complaints such as this. I'm not saying that there aren't police officers that cross the line; I've seen it. I also know of many that are very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies